Desktop Unit for Treble, Bass, Volume

Puterguru

2[H]4U
I'd like a Desktop unit where I can adjust treble, bass, and Volume.

I sit at a desk all day and listen to music. Currently Klipsch 2.1 plugged into the back of my Motherboards 3.5 mm output.

I was looking at a Fosi Audio Dac-Q4. Would that work with using optical out on my MB to optical in on The Fosi. Then plug the speakers into the Fosi headphone jack in front? Just want to make certain that would work. Would there be a sound quality difference with that?

What is my source? I stream from Apple Music, suppose to be 24bit/192kHz

Thanks in advance. Audio newbie that can't wrap my head around this stuff.

what are you intending to use this with? laptop, desktop, win/mac? if its on the PC side, your system probably already has a built in eq but if you really want an external box, then yes that one will probably work just fine.

I sit at a desk all day and listen to music. Currently Klipsch 2.1 plugged into the back of my Motherboards 3.5 mm output.

I was looking at a Fosi Audio Dac-Q4. Would that work with using optical out on my MB to optical in on The Fosi. Then plug the speakers into the Fosi headphone jack in front? Just want to make certain that would work. Would there be a sound quality difference with that?

Looks like the Fosi K5 Pro. Similar specs but also read this..

"Compared to the last generation Q4, K5 Pro has noticeably improved on overall sound quality, so you can get immersed in your music even more easily. "

If you want to use speakers you'll need to unplug the headphones (at least that's how my K5 Pro works.) You either plug it in with usb and utilize the onboard dac or feed it opt/coax digital from your pc. unplug headphones, hear speakers, plug in headphones, hear headphones and speakers are muted.

Make sure you have it selected in your sound settings if you want 24bit/192kHz. It defaults to 16/48

1696538309484.png

"Compared to the last generation Q4, K5 Pro has noticeably improved on overall sound quality, so you can get immersed in your music even more easily. "

If you want to use speakers you'll need to unplug the headphones (at least that's how my K5 Pro works.) You either plug it in with usb and utilize the onboard dac or feed it opt/coax digital from your pc. unplug headphones, hear speakers, plug in headphones, hear headphones and speakers are muted.
Done deal sir, thank you. I just want to make sure this is correct.
Optical out from MB to Optical in on the K5 PRO.
Plug Klipsch into the front where it reads "Headphones" and I should be golden.
If I do want to use headphones the Klipsch have a jack on the right front speaker for headphones.

If I do want to use headphones the Klipsch have a jack on the right front speaker for headphones.
basically. id crank the volume on the box and then adjust your speakers to the max you want them. then the box does all the controlling.

You should be good to go. I missed originally that you'll be sending 3.5mm to the klipsch. I actually use analog outs to a small 2 channel amp for powering up my pc speakers.

I grabbed an SMSL A12 a while back when i wanted something with more power fro my B&W speakers, pretty solid and has enough output to give me the sound I wanted.

https://www.smsl-audio.com/

Dont think they do the A12 anymore though, but may find it online at place...
https://www.amazon.ca/S-M-S-L-A12-Bluetooth-Amplifier-Integrated/dp/B0C1Z4WD68/ref=sr_1_3?keywords=SMSL+A12&sr=8-3&ufe=app_do:amzn1.fos.b06bdbbe-20fd-4ebc-88cf-fa04f1ca0da8
I have a pair of B@W CM2's sitting around here somewhere.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You should be good to go. I missed originally that you'll be sending 3.5mm to the klipsch. I actually use analog outs to a small 2 channel amp for powering up my pc speakers.
Thanks, I could not a find a single YouTube video showing anyone using these with actual speakers. Everyone mentions Headphones which was the reason for my new thread. Was confusing.

Received this thing yesterday. I'm no audiophile but this things is exactly what I was looking for. Absolutely perfect.

Thanks guys.

For the money you're thinking of spending on an Amp or EQ, I'd suggest getting better speakers.

I'd wager you have a "poor speaker" problem and not an EQ problem and spending money on a device is not going to help.

Reactions: uOpt
like this
Its all about the frequency curve u can change with an equalizer. Of course, u dont get the last octave with 3 or 4 inch woofers and withe a 1.5" Tweeter u dont get the level of PA speakers...
I heard a lot fo speakers from 100-1000€ and if u set the same frequency curve, the speakers sounds almost equal. What u could listen is if u spend a lot of money that u get more details.
So, if i were in ur situation, i would prefer 100€ speakers with e 32band EQ or a DSP. Or spenden more than 1K and use also a DSP / EQ ;-)

Back