• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Desktop Clarksfield/Auburndale?

trivial

[H]ard|Gawd
2FA
Joined
Jul 14, 2001
Messages
1,424
Will manufacturers bother with enthusiast mobos for mobilified Nehalem chips? I like quiet, but I lost touch with Intelsville four years ago.
 
Probally not, there is no reason unlike the P4 poorly performing furnaces which had a moble sibling that was a better design. That better mobile design evolved into the C2D so in a "long road taken sorta way" one could say all current intel enthusiast desktops are running mobile cpus. So now that I have said that, someone will make one.
 
totally agree about c2d. but nehalem reintroduces a significant disparity in transistor count between desk and lap, old top. :)

it may re-cease to matter with 32nm. that'd be great, but I don't want to wait. I guess I just don't see my own uses for quadcore, since games started being written for 60Hz displays. It's all too slow-paced these days.
 
where do you see a transistor count difference?

The quads should be the same between desktop and mobile (Lynnfield/Clarksfield respectively) as should the duals (havendale/auburndale). There wont be a mobile octo nehalem, but as of right now we dont know of a desktop octo either (server "Beckton" only from what Ive seen), All 4 of which will probably be on the same socket LGA1066 AFAIK.
primary source
 
yeah, wikipedia was what I based my surmises on, too. Notice the power consumption on Havendale. The < symbol could mean a lot of things, but it made me wrongly assume that all desktop nehalem chips were quad-core.

Thread over to you, Gunhaver Dale Gribble. :D I think I'm going crazy.
 
Back
Top