DellRefurbished.com 50% discount

stiltner

[H]F Junkie
While supplies last, for the next like 3-4 days, use code: memorial2015 for 50% off and free shipping from DellRefurbished.com site.

Also, if you go through UPromise you can get 5% cashback on top of that also.

I picked up a 24GB R610 with Dual Xeon 6 cores and a 146GB SAS for $580 after cashback.

Its comparable to Ebay prices, but you also get a 100 day full warranty and 1 year limited warranty from Dell, compared to nothing from most Ebay sellers. The other difference is, you have the full 6 trays from Dell, but the ones off Ebay are generally 2 trays and you get blank spaces on the other.

There's other deals, but the server deals are pretty stable.

I found a Dell Precision M4600 with 8G ram, 320G hard drive i7-2820QM, 1920x1080 graphics, win7 pro, quadro 1000M for $425

We're sorry, the coupon code you have entered has already expired or has reached the maximum redemption limit.

Edit: NVM, my fault. I had somehow landed on the Dell Outlet store.

Last edited:
I got a E5420 laptop that retailed for $309 for $202 out the door. For some reason the 50% discount was only $123. I'm happy anyway these 5420's seem to be real solid metal laptops. Anyone know anything about upgrading the CPU? mine is the I3 version, would like to upgrade it.

If it is like my E6520 you should be able to just pull the CPU and replace it with another i3 or i5. I think I even have an i5-Mobile processor somewhere too.

I got a E5420 laptop that retailed for $309 for $202 out the door. For some reason the 50% discount was only $123. I'm happy anyway these 5420's seem to be real solid metal laptops. Anyone know anything about upgrading the CPU? mine is the I3 version, would like to upgrade it.

Per slickdeals it's:
$59 - $498 = 40%
>$499 = 50%

This is a great deal but... I'm trying to figure out if there's anything I can actually use this for.

The only thing that kind of tickles my fancy is that (after shipping and taxes) you can get an i7 64 bit laptop with a 1080p ultrasharp screen for 427$. But I already have a Surface Pro. But that being said this thing has a keyboard included... does anyone know what the gaming benchmarks are for the 1000M are? I'm wondering if this thing even outperforms my Surface Pro. I just want something cheap for when I go to a friend's house to play Diablo 3 or LoL or something. I thought the Surface Pro would be fine but... gaming on that screen is.... um... yeah.

Considering my work laptop, I know these things are at least built like tanks and usually have good battery life.

Nice. Were these really selling for double the price?

I'm gonna note by the way, they don't really sell for twice the price. At least not on Ebay. On Ebay at the moment they're roughly the same price. At least the new listings. However those may be in response to Dell's aggressive sale... but really the advantage is that you're getting this stuff from Dell and it has a 100 day warranty.

Another thing to note is that the 1 year warranty is actually a 50$ addon. 50% of that does not get taken off, either.

So it's 479$ with that. Considering that you have to pay >20$ for tax... if you actually care for any kind of decent warranty on these, then it's really worth spending 20$ more and just getting one off of Ebay with SquareTrade 2 year warranty (usually ~99$). Ebay doesn't have tax. After calculating everything out this is still a good deal, just it's not a good one if you actually want some warranty... mainly because there's sales tax also being charged on the warranty. =_=; If you want the warranty, just look these up on Ebay. They're selling at 399$+99$ Squaretrade=499$. 20$ more for one more year. Many of the Ebay sellers also have ~60 day warranty coverage, too.

I'm kind of on the fence. When does this expire?

Edit: Nevermind I kind of messed up. The Ebay listings for that low of a price are the i5 version. The i7 here is a bit higher. But not much.

Last edited:
... does anyone know what the gaming benchmarks are for the 1000M are? I'm wondering if this thing even outperforms my Surface Pro. I just want something cheap for when I go to a friend's house to play Diablo 3 or LoL or something. I thought the Surface Pro would be fine but... gaming on that screen is.... um... yeah.

The 1000m is equivalent to something between the Nvidia GT 540m & 550m.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-1000M.47317.0.html

I went ahead and bit. I guess I'll tell you folks how it works out if anyone's interested. I looked up the GPU and I think it'll be more than sufficient for light gaming. People have mentioned that its performance is similar to the 530, which should be able to do LoL at 1080p, and probably Diablo 3 decently.

Plus, the CPU is really good, so I can use this as a coding station for college work (going for a Masters soon). For coding, 4GB is just really insufficient. Open up a few IDEs and MySQL workbench and DBVis and some browser windows, and wham. You're maxed out. Unless you use VIM for everything, in which case you have my respect. >_> 8GB is a good spot.
</end justification for me jumping on what I thought was a good deal lol>

Was really really tempted to buy a 19" P190S for $38 shipped. I do not have a utility monitor anymore, just a spare 28". It's nice to have a small monitor you can hook up to something for testing or building.

$38 shipped is ssoooooo tempting.

It seems that most of their computers are listed with 32-bit Windows. I didn't check what I ordered. But because it has 8 GB memory, doesn't that mean I really need 64-bit?

It seems that most of their computers are listed with 32-bit Windows. I didn't check what I ordered. But because it has 8 GB memory, doesn't that mean I really need 64-bit?

it certainly would if you were wanting to use more than 4gb total memory. worse case scenario is you can just reinstall a 64bit version of the OS.

The amount of RAM they include with most of the systems on that site is just shameful.

Expect to spend a bit more that the purchase price if you actually want a useable system.

I think most of their 8GB systems had 64 bit Windows 7. In fact, I think all of them did. I double checked mine before I ordered, but you shouldn't have anything to worry about.

http://dellrefurbished.com/browse/?navDesc=16355+4294960832&sortby=P_discountPrice&hits=100

I mean these are off-lease corporate computers, afaik. Whoever decided to order 8GB laptops with 32 bit windows at a company would probably be getting the ax...

Now, when do these actually ship out? I got my order confirmation in email, but apparently they're still preparing the order. It says 2-3 days, and I guess it makes sense considering I ordered over Memorial Day weekend. Just they better not cancel or some crap.

It would be nice to hear as soon as any of you who ordered over the weekend get a shipping update.

it certainly would if you were wanting to use more than 4gb total memory. worse case scenario is you can just reinstall a 64bit version of the OS.

How? My understanding is they do not provide any Windows recovery media.

There is generally a recovery partition on the hard drive, and there is also the option to burn your own install DVD.

I'll be glad to post a shipping update, I ordered Fri eve right after this post appeared.

There is generally a recovery partition on the hard drive, and there is also the option to burn your own install DVD.

I'll be glad to post a shipping update, I ordered Fri eve right after this post appeared.

Are you saying you already got one, or are you saying you'll post when you get it? Honestly I would not be surprised if we all get ours at around the same time. After all, it's Memorial Weekend, and the payment confirmation states 2-3 days after. So it'll probably be earliest today or tomorrow before we see anything get done, assuming no processing happened for your request on Friday.

Well, I hope. I haven't ordered anything from that site before. I'd be mighty pissed if they just sent me a cancellation.

This might turn out to be interesting.

Both cooling fans wires in M4600 are not properly shielded. The tiny wires are disposed and they look so delicate that I worry one of them will simply snapped off during fan cleaning.

Last edited:
As an update to shipping, I just received shipping notification for the 2007FP monitor that I ordered from Dell Refurbished on Sunday. Supposed to be here on Friday. I didn't originally post in here, but I saw people were asking for feedback on shipping.

While I have not recieved an email from Dell, I did just get a call from FedEx saying to expect a 10 Lb package needing signing for on Thurs.....It was from Murfeesboro TN Dell DOES ship reman's from there !!!

Last edited:
Still no shipping notice from Dell. Maybe the laptops take longer. This is kind of annoying me though. Maybe I'm just being too jumpy.

No shipping notice from Dell at all, but FedEx just delivered my laptop !! It appears to work fine and appear like new. All ready have ordered upgrade CPU. going from 2.1G I3 to 2.6G I5

OMG the DVD/CD drivei n this E5420 is NOT a burner, no big deal just can use a thumb drive....Even bigger reason to replace it w/ a HD caddy. Upping the OS to win 10 preview now.

Heh, came home and found a Fedex signature note taped to the door. I would have totally worked from home if I had ANY IDEA AT ALL that this was going to be coming today, but nope... no calls, no email, nothing.

>_>;

Welp, signed it off so I guess it'll be sitting there tomorrow. It better.

So one person got a shipping alert and the rest of you were taken by surprise?

No shipping notice from Dell at all, but FedEx just delivered my laptop !! It appears to work fine and appear like new.

Did you order cosmetic grade A or B?

Well that's pretty good if you said grade B looks like new. Does it smell like smoke or anything?

I'll report on the server side tomorrow, my R610 will show up tomorrow.

I'll be unboxing it probably Saturday, gotta run 100-150ft of cat5 to get it back to my main switch, so its gonna be a few days for firing it up and turning it into the 48GB VSphere 6 machine its destined to be :)

LOL Dell just sent me a shipping confirmation 6 min ago, 8 hrs after the laptop was delivered !!!!

I bought two laptops. I ordered late Friday and received them Thursday morning. A Precision M6600 (i7-2720qm, 16 gigs, 8900M/6970M video card) and a Latitude E5420. The Precision is a A-grade cosmetic while the Latitude was B-grade. They both look brand new, no smells, no scuffs. They look better than any laptops I currently own. The only issue I have is I believe they sent the wrong power adapter for the Precision. It charges albeit extremely slowly and causes weird lagging issues when Turbo and EIST is enabled I'm still looking into this.

My 2007FP came in today. It was packaged well, and the monitor is in pretty good condition overall with no dead/stuck pixels I can see. I'm pleased.

Back