Dell venue 8 pro and win 10

DogsofJune

Supreme [H]ardness
Anyone have one of these that upgraded to Win 10? It works on mine but it won't "see" the stylus and blue-tooth won't pair with anything. It's reported as working fine. Tried looking for updated drivers, bios's, uninstalled, reinstalled drivers, hollered obscenities.

The Dell keyboard and Microsoft mouse work fine with other blue-tooth devices, just not the Venue since the install of 10. I'd revert back, but it was a clean install and the partition with the 8.1 recovery was removed due to space constraints.

Been trying to research the issue the past couple of days. I end up finding nothing pertinent so far. I really would like the blue-tooth mouse and keyboard to work again like they did in the previous 8.1.

Any ideas folks?

Have you tried to reinstall the latest 8.1 drivers? I've had an issue with my camera not working on my similar Asus VivoTab Note and reinstalling the 8.1 drivers did the trick.

Can't find any driver that works. Will not pair. Drives me nuts that the stylus doesnt even work regardless of the Bluetooth.

If I can't resolve this, it's going up for sale. I need something pretty quick for school.

im having the similar issues with my DVP8. I got Bluetooth to work via the old drivers but cant get the touchscreen to work.. What a freakin mess of an upgrade. Im going to revert back to 8.1 till this gets sorted out.

I'm going to try to find my old D8VP, I've not used it much since I got the Asus VivoTab Note 8 which has a much better pen and do a clean install. I've clean installed 10 on 4 different Bay Trail devices and the only thing not working on any of them is the Windows button on the HP Stream 7.

best way to install Win 10 is to make a USB key and then

disable bit locker
boot to USB using a dongle that can supply power and give you a USB port
wipe drive
install Win 10

My Venue Pro 8, with an upgrade, not new install, still pairs with my keyboard. Not sure about the stylus as I do not have one. Sorry!

best way to install Win 10 is to make a USB key and then

disable bit locker
boot to USB using a dongle that can supply power and give you a USB port
wipe drive
install Win 10
So you are saying, reinstall Win 10 and that will fix the bluetooth, stylus recognition issues.....

The search continues. I really want to keep 10 on it, but I may have to get inventive and restore 8.1 to it.

People who fresh install seem to have better luck

I forgot to add to make sure you have the latest BIOS installed on your system first

It has the latest bios. I may give another clean install a try this weekend.

have you tried visiting the Dell Support forums. There are a lot of advice in there

Back