• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dell U2711 Wide Gamut

I use the Dell U2410, also a wide gamut monitor, both have "PremierColor delivers factory-tuned AdobeRGB and sRGB modes" - dell website. When I'm just playing games etc I use the sRGB mode or even the "game mode" if I want a boost in brightness etc. And I dont notice bad dithering, maybe if I was looking at photo's? (I'd have to verrify when I'm home, but not in games thats forsure)

I almost bought a second u2410 when it went on sale with the 12 days of deals just recently. Enjoy the u2711, but get it when on sale!
 
There's no dithering on sRGB mode on either the U2711 or U2410. The sRGB mode is generally satisfactory, though the U2711 had a slight oversaturation of greens and reds, going from memory.

I can say the sRGB mode is far better than the HP LP2475W mode, from what I've seen.
 
Save your eyes from a grain fest and get a Samsung S27A850D if you want a proper matte sRGB 27" 1440p or go with one of the glossy 300-500$ sRGB Yamakasi, CrossOver or Auria models
 
I had the 2711 for a couple weeks, I dont recall any dithering, but the sRGB mode just seemed to desaturate everything as far as I could tell. (rather than just knocking back the out of gamut colors.) So the choices were either over saturated wide gamut, or under saturated sRGB. I tweaked everything I possibly could with no decent results. By comparison the HP ZR2740w (standard gamut) looked absolutely spectacular out of the box imho.
 
Last edited:
I mean one that actually works (unlike LP2475w) and doesn't cause any ugly dithering etc.
The fixed srgb emulation is quite decent although the sRGB gradation isn't reproduced perfectly. Apart from a managed workflow only flexible color space emulations are noticeably better.

Best regards

Denis
 
Back
Top