Dell U2410

Hi guys; my U2410 arrived yesterday and for the most part it's great. I use it in portrait 95% of the time and it was very askew, but luckily I was able to fix that.

The only small issue I have remaining is that is doesn't remember whether to use RGB or YPbPr when I switch between Sky HD and my PS3. They're both going into the same input (happens to be DVI) via a 4x2 HDMI matrix switch (so that I can watch them on my TV when I want to).

My old 2407WFP remembered the diferent settings for each input resolution, i.e. 1080p for the PS3 and 1080i for the SkyHD (actually it was 720p for SkyHD because it couldn't handle 1080i).

Unfortunately the U2410 doesn't appear to do this. Anyone know if there's a way to get it to?

Alternatively a more convenient way to switch between the two colour modes would help; currently it's a bit of a pain for something I'll be doing pretty regularly.

TIA.

Hi guys; my U2410 arrived yesterday and for the most part it's great. I use it in portrait 95% of the time and it was very askew, but luckily I was able to fix that.

The only small issue I have remaining is that is doesn't remember whether to use RGB or YPbPr when I switch between Sky HD and my PS3. They're both going into the same input (happens to be DVI) via a 4x2 HDMI matrix switch (so that I can watch them on my TV when I want to).

My old 2407WFP remembered the diferent settings for each input resolution, i.e. 1080p for the PS3 and 1080i for the SkyHD (actually it was 720p for SkyHD because it couldn't handle 1080i).

Unfortunately the U2410 doesn't appear to do this. Anyone know if there's a way to get it to?

Alternatively a more convenient way to switch between the two colour modes would help; currently it's a bit of a pain for something I'll be doing pretty regularly.

TIA.

Are you located in the US by chance? I ordered on 11/30 and I am on backorder.

any bargains in the uk?

I got mine on ebay for £375, refurbished by Dell. It's A02 and the seller guaranteed zero defective pixels (not just no bright ones).

The seller's called nrg_it and has 100% feedback. They answered my question very quickly and despatched the monitor the day I bought it (unfortunately it then got held up by the snow, but that's not their fault).

I had to adjust the stand myself to get it level, but I think that's a common issue for brand new ones too.

So all-in-all I saved around £75 and got something indistinguishable from a brand new one but with a zero-defect guarantee.

Only downside is they only give a one year guarantee.

They also do a couple of cheaper grades where the monitors aren't quite so pristine.

Hey guys!

I've been thinking about purchasing this monitor and don't mind taking a risk with the lottery. What I am concerned about, though, is Dell's return policy when it comes to the tinting issues. Will they definitely replace a panel that I am not satisfied with? Which website would provide a full warranty and be a good one to buy from?

Sadly, there aren't many 24-25" TN-based LCDs that comes in the 16:10 ratio resolution of 1920x1200.

Are there any?

I would really like to buy a slim bezel TN 24" 16:10 panel to go next to my u2410. It's hard to justify another $600 u2410 for a second monitor.

Something like a E-2210 or P-2210 ... but 24".

Ahh yes; I hadn't noticed it was 16:9; I just remembered that it was great value for a non-TN monitor. I think any TN is going to look pretty poor next to a U2410.

Image retention you mean (since burn-in is impossible on modern day LCDs)? Sounds like a fautly panel , contact Dell for a replacement.

It took about 3 hours of running the built-in LCD Conditioning, but it looks like the IR caused by the desktop calendar gadget has disappeared completely. That was scary :)

I have the u2410 at Brightness: 40 , Contrast: 60 .

I might try moving some gadgets back now (at decreased Opacity). I checked under the Start Bar and it looks ok (maybe because those colors are more muted?).

Does anyone know which of the above adjustments might help with preventing IR in the future?

My u2410 arrived yesterday. Rev A04, made in December 2010 (fresh off the assembly line evidently). No dead pixels or backlight bleed, but there is a tiny bit of blue tinting in the lower left corner. It is very slight and not noticeable unless you really look for it with a white or grey background. it gets a bit better when the brightness is lowered to a more acceptable level, ~30. Unless the blue tinting really starts to annoy me, I think this one is probably a keeper.

Last edited:
A04 already???

Yes, A04. I was expecting to get an A02 or even an A03, but evidently they thought I was special enough to get the mythical A04 revision! I mean, it's an A04 so all the problems that the u2410 has had since its release are all magically gone...right?

Yes, A04. I was expecting to get an A02 or even an A03, but evidently they thought I was special enough to get the mythical A04 revision! I mean, it's an A04 so all the problems that the u2410 has had since its release are all magically gone...right?

That explains why over here in the UK this monitor is out of stock everywhere and how the U2711 has gone down in price to provide us with that monitor instead of this one for around the same price

I would really like to buy a slim bezel TN 24" 16:10 panel to go next to my u2410. It's hard to justify another $600 u2410 for a second monitor.

Something like a E-2210 or P-2210 ... but 24".

Maybe HP LA2405wg? 24" 16:10 TN. It even pivots if you really want to mess your eyes up. Personally I'd look for an old refurb 2405fpw or LP2465. They can be found reasonably cheaply sometimes.

That explains why over here in the UK this monitor is out of stock everywhere and how the U2711 has gone down in price to provide us with that monitor instead of this one for around the same price

I had a $350 Dell credit to use but I didn't have the extra money for the u2711, which was still $1099. I got the u2410 for only $205 USD - the u2711 would have run me $710 or so after tax and shipping. The $500 difference i would have had to pay is IMO better used for other more important stuff.

I've been reading a bit about the sound distortion from the 1/8" jack. Anyway to better that or is that a hardware issue?

Whats the A04 revision like? tinting gone?

Not completely - not for me at least. I have a bit of green/blue tint in the lower left corner, but it isn't nearly as bad as some others I have seen. I am leaning towards keeping it, mainly because I have no light bleed and no dead pixels. Other than the bit of blue/green tint mine is pretty darn good.

Tinting is not something they can revise. It's up to the panel manufacturer.
They probably revised something on the scaler board.

Last edited:
I don't think they do. Usually the best way to get price matched from Dell is to re-order and return your old unit. They are such a hassle.

I'd do that but i'm afraid that the new one will have issues. The one I have now is just fine, no dead pixels and just a slight bit of blue tint in the bottom left corner. Knowing my luck, the new one will have a dozen dead pixels and have tinting issues that would make a rainbow look monochrome.

I'd do that but i'm afraid that the new one will have issues. The one I have now is just fine, no dead pixels and just a slight bit of blue tint in the bottom left corner. Knowing my luck, the new one will have a dozen dead pixels and have tinting issues that would make a rainbow look monochrome.

Then simply enjoy it. Just tell yourself you got an overnight shipping. Prob solved. :D

I've heard that their is a Rev 05 out now for the U2410 can anyone confirm this? I just ordered mine and I am hoping I get at least Rev 04

I've heard that their is a Rev 05 out now for the U2410 can anyone confirm this? I just ordered mine and I am hoping I get at least Rev 04

Hi guys i just got my monitor and its freaking awsome! A05 rev as well! date shipped says 21 12 10 so very very new!

I also have my work order and all the info attached to the box but so far real chuffed. no dead pixels and no tinting issues so far!

got it from scan. they was out of stock until just before xmas when they got a new batch delivered to them!

They are at 549 on dell again. Which revision would I want to land if I got one through say Ebay? Cause there is an A03 for 495 that I'm looking at on ebay.

Hello,

before i buy this monitor i got one question. In specifications the height of this monitor is19.40 inches (493.0 mm).

Is this height relevant to extended or lowered stand. Can someone with the monitor measure the height when the stand is completely extended.

Thank you.

Hello,

before i buy this monitor i got one question. In specifications the height of this monitor is19.40 inches (493.0 mm).

Is this height relevant to extended or lowered stand. Can someone with the monitor measure the height when the stand is completely extended.

Thank you.

That's the height at the highest point. If the stand is completely extended, it's about ~19.7 inches. If the stand is completely compressed, it's about ~15.7 inches.

The actual monitor itself with no stand is about 14.3 inches.

Ironically I'm trying to post from a old powermac using IE 3...(It's a Long story) but the only why to get it to display is by using it at 1152x870 @ 75hz refresh. Does running at a high refresh rate hurt your monitor?

How would this monitor compare to the u3011 as far as response time and color quality? Since the 2410 is 500 again, I wouldn't mind replacing my L246. Is the only real difference the size? (I don't care about input lag)

Got my U2410 today. Its Rev 04 Made in Dec 2010. No dead or stuck pixels everything looks great. Paid $499 for it...

Does the monitor ever go for less then the 499.99? I'm debating replacing my Hanns-G 251HPB and standard 24 inch dell on the side for this monitor, xfire my 5770's full time and call it a day for awhile. Good idea or should I save up for a 6950 and get another junkie Hanns-G TN panel (OCD to match monitors)

Back