Dell U2410

does a tri stand exist for these monitors that will allow it to rotate from landscape to portrait and vice versa? ive only seen stands that are made for landscape only.

does a tri stand exist for these monitors that will allow it to rotate from landscape to portrait and vice versa? ive only seen stands that are made for landscape only.

yes there is. there is a post regarding this floating around somewhere.

If you can ignore tint then good and well. If you find it bothers you I would try at least 1 swap - just arrange a later date to collect your current screen. That way, if the exchange is worse, just refuse the swap and send back the replacement - that way you keep what you've got

I've seen a few U2410's now, including side by side comparisons with screens that had and didn't have the tint issue. In my own subjective opinion, when you get a U2410 with good lighting and uniformity it does make images look just that little bit better, and it also tends to make modes like gaming mode more tolerable too, since the fully wide gamut modes tend to make tint issues stand out even more. You'll still have saturated colours, but it's easier to live with when your white doesn't look like pink or green etc :)

As for text clarity, as said, that's probably the anti glare coating. You could also try tweaking any cleartext settings, but I wouldn't change the U2410's sharpness setting from the default of 50, as overall it always seems to produce worse results in my experience.
Sounds like a good idea. Will Dell accept an exchange because of the tint issue? I've been also thinking of ordering a second one, so I could try them side-by-side and see which is better and return the other while I still have that possibility.

About the other modes: They look all greenish. I've looked into the factory menu and found the values R 227, G 255, B 245 for 6500K. That should explain everything.

About the text clarity: I had already tried the sharpness setting but it does just what it says, change the sharpness. The default is best (at least for digital inputs). The AG coating still needs some getting-used to, I wished it would be less intrusive. I will try some text rendering adjustments later...

Is this monitor good choice for X360 gaming?
Can it support 1920x1080 with black bars ?
It can. Haven't tried, though.

yes there is. there is a post regarding this floating around somewhere.

hard to search for it in here. im getting random tri sli xfire threads and stands threads, lol. hopefully someone knows which thread it is or knows the answer.

Just got this thing, what a beast she is! Any specific way to test for dead or stuck pixel? I wish there's a good way to test backlight bleeding. Any suggestions?

Just got this thing, what a beast she is! Any specific way to test for dead or stuck pixel? I wish there's a good way to test backlight bleeding. Any suggestions?
I've used http://autopattern.maettig.com/testbild-pixelfehler.html. Or you could use http://www.doihaveadeadpixel.com/
There are a lot of others (ask google). But black or white is sufficient.

You can see backlight bleed on a black screen but my case there is practically none. Not to be confused with the "IPS glow" which they all have. Difference is that it's dependent on the viewing angle whereas backlight bleed is visible always.

Last edited:
my U2410 (rev a01) arrived 2hrs ago.

Been testing it for a while. It looks great. No dithering, no tint issues. I'm happy.
Bought it of ebay (xpsdirect) where I got a rev a01 guaranteed.
Uniformity is excellent as well.
Loving it.

Been testing it for a while. It looks great. No dithering, no tint issues. I'm happy.
Loving it.
It's good to know that there are tint-free panels around. I've just ordered another one, hope I am luckier this time...
My first looked refurbished. I suppose most A01 are, currently. Not that I would mind, but changes are higher that they suffer from the tint-issue...

My understanding is that pre-A01 panels can be firmware upgraded, so is there a reason to look for A01 panels in particular?

I've used http://autopattern.maettig.com/testbild-pixelfehler.html. Or you could use http://www.doihaveadeadpixel.com/
There are a lot of others (ask google). But black or white is sufficient.

You can see backlight bleed on a black screen but my case there is practically none. Not to be confused with the "IPS glow" which they all have. Difference is that it's dependent on the viewing angle whereas backlight bleed is visible always.

Wow thanks, this U2410 is like perfect. No grain, no tint at all and no blacklight bleed. Much better overall then my Samsung 226BW

I just ordered my new PC without a GPU *waiting on eyefinity6 hd5870. Now i'm contemplating doing three 24inch monitors. As i already have one 24inch Benqv2400w, i can order of the u2410 and have a nice 3 way going on. Also contemplating the 27in iMac. grr choices.

Where is the best place you guys found to order this monitor online? i live overseas *military so have APO address. but i am dreading having to return this monitor for any defects it may have.

I just called up Dell and asked for a discount like some folks earlier in the thread. I let them know I was interested in purchasing a U2410, said that it was $599 on the website, but I had seen it for far less before. I told them if I could get it for $499, I'd purchase it that day. (I know some folks have managed to get a better price, but I tried to be reasonable).

The rep said he had to talk to his manager (which was about 3 seconds on hold), but came back and said he could give it to me for $495 - if I also bought a surge supressor. Funny thing is, that was included in the $495. My order says I bought the monitor for $479, and a surge supressor for $16. I'm tempted to just return the surge supressor, but I don't want to jeopardize my order yet.

Hey guys.. I have a deal to get 3 of these for $1392 shipped.. Seems like a good deal.. What do you think? Retail sealed w/ the 3 year warranty..

It's good to know that there are tint-free panels around. I've just ordered another one, hope I am luckier this time...
My first looked refurbished. I suppose most A01 are, currently. Not that I would mind, but changes are higher that they suffer from the tint-issue...

Did you get yours from ebay (xpsdirect) ?

Loving it.

Did you offer or pay the £400 asking ?

I also bought mine from ebay for $489 shipped. The seller also provided name/order number to deal with Dell for warranty. The seller also guarantees that it is A01 revision. Not bad of a deal

The panel had no dead pixel, no tint that I can see, back light uniformity is pretty good. I had a couple TN panel with pretty bad uniformity so the Dell is acceptable. Nothing is perfect.

Just order a second one. Hope this goes well.

I dont know if this make any sense at all but I just played Bad Company 2 and i notice a white stuck pixel but with MW, MW2 and my other games, it's not noticeable. Could it just be one game?

I also bought mine from ebay for $489 shipped. The seller also provided name/order number to deal with Dell for warranty. The seller also guarantees that it is A01 revision. Not bad of a deal

If you don't mind me inquiring, could you please post up or PM me the reseller's eBay name? Thanks!

I purchased from electronics.liquidation .. Great communication and guaranteed A01's.. 3 year warranty from Dell Retail units.. No Refurb..

I dont know if this make any sense at all but I just played Bad Company 2 and i notice a white stuck pixel but with MW, MW2 and my other games, it's not noticeable. Could it just be one game?

Is it the white dot in the lower right? I'm playing with my BenQ V2400W and it's got that so I think it's just the game. I can't wait to see what Bad Company 2 looks like on the U2410.

Just got my U2410 fedex today (ordered it from Dell) no tinting issues , no dithering issues and all good to go.

I love how it comes with a calibration sheet , RGB and Adobe RGB are pretty spot on so I don't really feel the need to calibrate the settings again. Not to mention it has PIP , I forgot how much I LOVE this feature :).

It's just the game. I can see it too when playing on my Envy 15.

Well after tweaking and getting a good ICC profile from tftcentral in standard mode , I've got a fantastic image. No tinting issues (although I agree this issue relates more to a misunderstanding for alot of people but not all) no dithering issues.

You know the best part of this monitor is I can't really tell the difference between my Asus 25.5 TN panel for gaming ( in terms of its response time) and this Dell panel. Its just so beautiful for games like TF2 , Crysis.. very happy with my purchase.

I've just got my 2nd U2410. 0 bad pixels - good. no red/green tints - good. The presets also looked good. BUT:
On the box it says Rev A01 and on that thing you can pull out from the left side of the monitor, too. Nonetheless I can see the dithering and the factory menu reveals "M1F190". Of course I could flash the A01 firmware, BUT:
There are 2 horizontal "bands" with blueish tint over the whole screen. I've tried to capture it on camera but didn't manage to get meanful pictures. It looks something like the screen is divided into 5 horizontal bands: normal - blueish - normal - blueish - normal. Also when viewed from extreme angles a white screen turns into a blueish white, but I wouldn't care much about that.

I'm starting to get pissed off with Dell... What use is an IPS panel when you can't trust its colors?? So now both will go back. I'm tempted to give it one last try but I'm losing my patience...

Did you get yours from ebay (xpsdirect) ?
No, and I'm not in the UK. Bought it off Amazon, so that returns are no problem.

Last edited:
I was about to buy from them, but I decided to go a bit cheaper for $478 and free shipping. It looks like my seller isn't up there anymore. Frozen Tundra has a lot of ratings and it looks good...I'd go for it.

I was supposed to get my monitor today, but there was no one home to sign for it...so I guess tomorrow then :D

Well I had wish I used a reseller off ebay , I didn't get a fantastic price but I did it get fast. I would suggest anyone wanting this monitor go for a reseller from ebay with a good rep , seems like the best bet.

Just ordered mine....found a coupon code

Dell Small Business has the Dell UltraSharp U2410 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor for a low $485.10 Free Shipping after STACKABLE Coupon Code: RN6JQ5QX3PDW1L (Exp 3/5). Tax in most states.

Code expires today I think!!!

Damn, no good on the home side! Just tried it...no go :)

I need to order a 3rd one and won't pay more than $500 shipped.

Gonna go the ebay route for this one I think. Got the other 2 from Dell directly.

Go to dell business and the code works. Doesn't work for dell home. I've got one hour to decide and I'm so on the fence about buying this. What's the return policy?

Works at dell small business. In the same position as you boost, stuck choosing between this and the u2711.

Dell return policy used to be really good, not sure if it's the same now.

has anyone bought from frozentundraelectronics on ebay?

I did. Everything is as expected. It came factory sealed and in perfect condition. Unfortunately for me, the stand is flawed (it doesn't rotate all of the way into portrait mode) and one of the pixels has only two working channels (the red channel is dead).

However, because frozentundraelectronics purchased the monitor directly from Dell, there is a 3 year warranty. You just need to know the serial and the order number when purchased from Dell. The order number will be on the original mailing label and the serial number will be on the monitor and the box.

I just hope that the next monitor has all of its pixels and can rotate all of the way into portrait mode!

gmoney, did you contact Dell yet? How is the experience exchanging the monitor through Dell?

I got my second monitor today from electronics.liquidation. This time I got I one bright stuck pixel and some brightness uniformity at the top. I can deal with the brightness issue but not the stuck pixel so I guess I have to play the exchange game through Dell. I just send an email to Riza Porciuncula but I must wait until Monday so she can reply, beside I have not got my order number from the seller yet. He gave me the order number of the first monitor so this time it should not be an issue.

Back