Dell U2410

The green to pink tint issue is only really present in the first few hundred hours of use.

EDIT: ...and no, my eyes haven't just become accustomed to it - right now I'm comparing my old LP2475w with a brand new replacement, and on the old one the tint is all but gone. (the U2410 uses the same panel as this monitor)
It's a newer revision of the same panel actually.

Anyway, I've already put 500 hours of usage on this current U2410. If anything the tint has become MORE apparent with time, not less. So I can't say I agree with your statements at all.

Also, there are different types of tint (I've had pink bottom left, blue top right, as well as the more typical green/pink) with different levels of severity. Perhaps, as your monitor lost its brightness with usage, you personally found it harder to perceive tint on your monitor. To assume this is going to be true for all screens and then make blanket statements is a BIG assumption, and one (based on what I'm currently seeing) I completely disagree with.

I do not think tint issues will improve with the age of the screen. I doubt nothing, short of a miracle, would fix the screens with more severe tint uniformity issues.

Last edited:
I just got my U2410 after a ridiculous 1 month-long delay on the order which, to this day, I have no idea why it took that long, even though I tried contacting Dell multiple times about it. I was about to just cancel it and go with a NEC 2490WUXI, especially after reading some of the complaints here about the U2410. Then, they emailed me that it shipped.

I gotta say, I'm very happy with the U2410 after a day of use! I found one dead pixel. It's in a great spot though. It's in the top-left corner, about 1/8th and inch from the left and about 2 inches from the top. It blends in with the app structures, so it'll never bother me. I had one almost in the same spot on my last LCD, but this one is in an even better spot. Like everyone else, I think it's ridiculous to have to worry about that, for the money you pay.

There is no tinting issue at all with mine. I took photos of it and looked at it in detail all kind of ways and there's none. I understand the grainy issue, but for me, it's a complete non-issue. First, the only time I ever see it with a bright white background and it just looks like the LCD coating so, for me, it's something I kind of expect to see. Second, I'm coming from a Dell 2405fpw that blew out and I think the graininess was the same with that, so it doesn't bother me.

I also have to say that, while I am pretty picky about quality, I don't do professional photo work or graphic design. I'm an intermediate Photoshop user, and I work with graphics and 3D rendering as a hobby. So, it seems great to me! Overall, I love it!

Just got my U2410. Ordered in Oct, and the monitor produced in Oct. Wow, Dell really got their just in time production running good.

No dead pixel that I can see. With the dicussion on tinting issue. How do I check? Don't have time to read all the previous post to find it. Is there a file image I can download to check?

Thx.

Just got my U2410. Ordered in Oct, and the monitor produced in Oct. Wow, Dell really got their just in time production running good.

No dead pixel that I can see. With the dicussion on tinting issue. How do I check? Don't have time to read all the previous post to find it. Is there a file image I can download to check?

Thx.

Just throw up a medium grey solid background. If you have the green/pink issue, like me....the lower left half of the screen should appear greenish, while the upper right corner will be more of a pinkish tint. The tint fades into each other on a diagonal, so in the middle of the screen, you wont notice it.

Jim

Damnit! Received monitor #2 and got ANOTHER stuck pixel...this time red on the lower right of the screen! Third time a charm i hope!

Jim

I've never even seen a stuck pixel in my entire life, not even at work where we have hundreds of budget lcds

Sounds rather worrying that the Dell keeps getting stuck pixels reported

I've never even seen a stuck pixel in my entire life, not even at work where we have hundreds of budget lcds

Sounds rather worrying that the Dell keeps getting stuck pixels reported

You are a lucky person. Could you buy a lcd for me? ;)

On top of my stuck pixel...I now get these horizontal lines that flicker once in awhile. It looks like they travel from the bottom to the top of my screen. Anyone else having this issue?

Jim

Thx.

On mine it was obvious so I'm guessing it was severe (can see with white or grey background while surfing the internet).

If you haven't seen it yet, might be best just to not go looking for minor defects.

Hmm....I still have a red stuck pixel, however I definitely notice the green/pink tint issue is not as bad as my first monitor. Not as bad at all to be honest. Had it not been for the stuck pixel, this would be a keeper!

It almost makes me think if I could deal with the pixel instead of risking another bad tint monitor...hmmmm

Thanks. I checked, my U2410 doesn't have the "tint" problem. However, I do have a minor problem with the menu button. Sometimes, it doesn't repsond to touches, you have to try a few times before it register any touches. Anyone have this problem? Is it common or just me?

Here is my W2600HP-BF. If you have this problem you will se it on the clock and phase test on lagom.nl
http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php

Hi there

I just gor a Spyder3 Pro calibrator. It dissapoints me... I allways thought I will modify the monitor colours but what it makes is a Windows profile (only white balance can be made by monitor settings using GAIN for R G and B). And gain can only be controller using custom profile on U2410 or am I missing something? How can I calibrate the sRGB space? Only by making a profile in windows then? And the Spyder3 program need to run, else it doesn't work in applications that are not color aware...

This is quite different than I thought. I allways thought I will calibrate the monitor not the software (OS). How can I calibrate the TV then???

Ok, I have also calibrated the Dell 2001FP but the results using custom white balance are... TOO MUCH BLUE. I don't need to have a Spyder3 to see it is too much blue when I use the RGB values and calibrate the white balance, if the Spyder is satisfied in the white balance readings that are lower than 0,5 from what it is supposed to be, the screen is too blue. Ok, after calibration is at the end, the screen goes back to normal, because the calibration profile pops in. But why would I want to make monitor too blue using the monitor and then the profile to get it back to normal? And at the end both monitors are still not same colors, the 2001 is TOO BLUE still...

I disabled the Spyder3PRO and put my default settings back, looks much more ok to me...

Is it just me... or the Spyder3 PRO?

PS - I am new at calibrating things, it can be I am missing something important here...

are people with the tint issue all in america and where are the monitors made.
I have REV A00 from the Czech republic, purchased on the UK.
Dated Jul 2009, and i have no tint issues what so ever.

Thanks. I checked, my U2410 doesn't have the "tint" problem. However, I do have a minor problem with the menu button. Sometimes, it doesn't repsond to touches, you have to try a few times before it register any touches. Anyone have this problem? Is it common or just me?

I have the same problems with my buttons once in a while. Sometimes i have to really press on it. Not a big deal since I never really touch them.

are people with the tint issue all in america and where are the monitors made.
I have REV A00 from the Czech republic, purchased on the UK.
Dated Jul 2009, and i have no tint issues what so ever.

In Canada and believe monitor was made in Mexico.

I really believe compiling a list of monitors with and without issues next to where they were manufactured can help if we can gather enough to make sense of it.
Of course it *should* not matter, we believe the LG panel may be the issue. That said, there is a lot of electronics around it and different regions may use a few different component or manufacturing process that may make a difference.
Unlikely, but not not impossible....

Mine's also made in Mexico. No tint, dithering or any other issues raised by others.
ALL U2410's have the sRGB/Adobe mode dither problem, and will do until at least a new fimrware revision of the screen is produced. The fact that you think you don't have it probably says more about your eyes than it does the U2410 ;)

The "tint issue" is experienced in screens manufactured in all regions, it's just that it came out in North America later and so more reports were from the Far East and Europe first, unless the Mexican factory really is exercising stricter quality control than everywhere else (which I seriously doubt).

Dell are apparently still looking for enough screens with tint issue to raise the issue with LG, so we'll see what happens. The tint uniformity wouldn't be a big issue for TV screens where you're rarely looking at an all white or grey background, but that's exactly what people do in web browsers or many computer programs all the time. The bottom line is LG need to step up their quality control when it comes to computer screens.. They can't get away with the same level of quality that would be acceptable in panels manufactured for TV's. At the same time Dell seriously needs to make it a top priority, now that they have a LUT, to add uniformity controls to their higher end screens, like the U2410, so that adjustments can be made to different regions of the screen and make them match better where there are uniformity issues. I think that's what's going to HAVE to happen if Dell really want to solve the issue..

Last edited:
ALL U2410's have the sRGB/Adobe mode dither problem, and will do until at least a new fimrware revision of the screen is produced. The fact that you think you don't have it probably says more about your eyes than it does the U2410 ;)

The "tint issue" is experienced in screens manufactured in all regions, it's just that it came out in North America later and so more reports were from the Far East and Europe first, unless the Mexican factory really is exercising stricter quality control than everywhere else (which I seriously doubt).

Dell are apparently still looking for enough screens with tint issue to raise the issue with LG, so we'll see what happens. The tint uniformity wouldn't be a big issue for TV screens where you're rarely looking at an all white or grey background, but that's exactly what people do in web browsers or many computer programs all the time. The bottom line is LG need to step up their quality control when it comes to computer screens.. They can't get away with the same level of quality that would be acceptable in panels manufactured for TV's. At the same time Dell seriously needs to make it a top priority, now that they have a LUT, to add uniformity controls to their higher end screens, like the U2410, so that adjustments can be made to different regions of the screen and make them match better where there are uniformity issues. I think that's what's going to HAVE to happen if Dell really want to solve the issue..

You and I stand on very different grounds. You're trying to generalize all U2410s have some sort of issues, but should I care? Certainly not. Why not? B/c I don't experience any of those. I paid sub-900 bucks for mine which is a lot here in Canada and I have been as picky as I could be to fault this display but to no avail. Had I had any of those problems, I would have sent it back for an exchange or a refund. I expect a monitor of this money to perform flawlessly, which has been the case so far. Tint issue, I don't have thankfully. Dithering issue, hate to burst your bubble but I do not run my U2410 at either sRGB or Adobe RGB mode. Even if I do, I don't know what you're talkin' about. As I have clearly written in my previous posts, I am not one of those super anal folks like some of you here but at the same time I have 20/20 eyesight and have come across 4 other lcds before this one, and on top of that I paid a premium, which as a result I expect it to behave flawlessly in every way I see it. Hence your allegation that my eyes have more to do w/ it than the monitor itself is debatable.

Last edited:
You and I stand on very different grounds. You're trying to generalize all U2410s have some sort of issues, but should I care? Certainly not. Why not? B/c I don't experience any of those. I paid sub-900 bucks for mine which is a lot here in Canada and I have been as picky as I could be to fault this display but to no avail. Had I had any of those problems, I would have sent it back for an exchange or a refund. I expect a monitor of this money to perform flawlessly, which has been the case so far. Tint issue, I don't have thankfully. Dithering issue, hate to burst your bubble but I do not run my U2410 at either sRGB or Adobe RGB mode. Even if I do, I don't know what you're talkin' about. As I have clearly written in my previous posts, I am not one of those super anal folks like some of you here but at the same time I have 20/20 eyesight and have come across 4 other lcds before this one, and on top of that I paid a premium, which as a result I expect it to behave flawlessly in every way I see it. Hence your allegation that my eyes have more to do w/ it than the monitor itself is debatable.

Calm down,
You may have tint free and uniform screen. Cos its different from screen to screen. But you have no idea about "Dithering" doesnt mean that its not there. Surely it does, it has nothing to do with QC, its basically a problem with the algorithm of the color conversion. If you dont see it, forget it, dont try to find it, thats good for you.

I don't think anyone is generalizing that all U2410s have the tint problem. It is just that a lot of them apparently do have the problem.

Like I said before, I didn't come to this board after finding the problem. What happened is that I did my research and said, yes there is a chance that I could get a bad monitor, but what are the chances? When I got my monitor and immediately saw the problem, I would have to think that a lot of them do have the tint problem.

As an aside, looking at the HP monitor that uses the same LG panel, there are a lot of people complaining about the very same issue.

I don't know how many people know NCIX, but they are selling a Phillips IPS monitor that also probably uses the LG panel. There are complaints on NCIX forums as well about tint problems. Try to find the same complaints about Samsung and SPVA panels, there just seems to be hardly any issues with uniformity.

Even on the Macs, some people here say they also have tint problems -- although not a severe and often of a problem as the U2410. Maybe LG sorts out which panels are the best and gives them to certain favourite customers. If this is the case, I would think Dell is probably not getting the best of the breed.

I don't think anyone is generalizing that all U2410s have the tint problem. It is just that a lot of them apparently do have the problem.

Like I said before, I didn't come to this board after finding the problem. What happened is that I did my research and said, yes there is a chance that I could get a bad monitor, but what are the chances? When I got my monitor and immediately saw the problem, I would have to think that a lot of them do have the tint problem.

As an aside, looking at the HP monitor that uses the same LG panel, there are a lot of people complaining about the very same issue.

I don't know how many people know NCIX, but they are selling a Phillips IPS monitor that also probably uses the LG panel. There are complaints on NCIX forums as well about tint problems. Try to find the same complaints about Samsung and SPVA panels, there just seems to be hardly any issues with uniformity.

Even on the Macs, some people here say they also have tint problems -- although not a severe and often of a problem as the U2410. Maybe LG sorts out which panels are the best and gives them to certain favourite customers. If this is the case, I would think Dell is probably not getting the best of the breed.

I made neither indication nor reference pertaining to the idea that all U2410s inherit tint symptoms. Let me quote what I said:

You're trying to generalize all U2410s have some sort of issues,

What I did imply however was he appears to suggest all U2410s suffer from dithering in sRGB/Adobe RGB mode and hence is an issue. Even if it is always there due to the technology used to build the panel itself, I could not care any less since I don't see any and is a non-issue for me therefore. I do feel lucky to have none of the issues while I do not expect any less from a monitor that cost me this much as I have also clearly said.

Last edited:
I made neither indication nor reference pertaining to the idea that all U2410s inherit tint symptoms. Let me quote what I said:

What I did imply however was he appears to suggest all U2410s suffer from dithering in sRGB/Adobe RGB mode and hence is an issue. Even if it is always there due to the technology used to build the panel itself, I could not care any less since I don't see any and is a non-issue for me therefore. I do feel lucky to have none of the issues while I do not expect any less from a monitor that cost me this much as I have also clearly said.

Good for you. :rolleyes:

Hey bros, I'm sorry to distract you from your all-important and unequivocal debate on the green2pink tint issue and the sRGB/Adobe RGB dithering fiasco, but I'm having this real problem with my 1st monitor: somehow the touch sensor buttons (the ones above the power button) are NOT responding AT ALL... They were working perfectly fine until yesterday, when I wanted to watch a movie and switch to Multimedia/Game mode.

Is this a common malfunction with typical troubleshooting?

It sucks big time, for I don't feel like returning this one to the Dell monkeys... I have no pixel problems and my green2pink issue in this one is really almost impossible to see. For all I care, I thought this unit was the closest to a perfect U2410 as it can get. Until this blatant electrical/mechanical problem...

Is this a common malfunction with typical troubleshooting?

I have notived that on mine as well. I find that if you try and put the whole PAD of your finger surrounding the buttons, they seem to responded better as opposed to just using the ti[p of you finger.

Hope that helps!

I have notived that on mine as well. I find that if you try and put the whole PAD of your finger surrounding the buttons, they seem to responded better as opposed to just using the ti[p of you finger.

Hope that helps!

Well, I've also noticed that when the monitor was working fine... This time however, the self-testing thingy after power-on is not even performed... You now, from power-off to power-on, buttons 1-5 light-on in sequence... then they light-off... this is happening no more with mine.

Last edited:
You're trying to generalize all U2410s have some sort of issues, but should I care?
I'm generalizing nothing.. They all DO have the dither issue. That part is fact, NOT opinion. Whether or not that personally matters to someone else and their subjective visual and personal preferences is an issue I didn't even bother to touch on because it should be UTTERLY OBVIOUS that is down to the individual.

You said "No tint, dithering or any other issues raised by others." Your statement implies the dither issue does not exist on your screen, however ALL U2410's currently have the issue. I'm simply correcting that statement. There's a big difference between "I don't notice" and "it doesn't exist". How much you notice it and how much it matters is purely down to the individuals perception and their usage. For some people the dither issue is bigger than others (particularly photographers who will have difficulty separating background camera noise in dark images from the U2410's current Adobe/sRGB issues.)

hate to burst your bubble but I do not run my U2410 at either sRGB or Adobe RGB mode. Even if I do, I don't know what you're talkin' about.
Why would you burst my bubble? I don't care what the heck mode you use, and if you're happy that's great. Secondly, Guess what? I don't use sRGB or Adobe mode either, other than for checking things sometimes. The dither issue is a minor annoyance to me personally, and the screen coating is even more minor to me (even though some hate it to the point where they can't live with it).

The only major issue the U2410 has, to me, is the tint issue. Although there are U2410's that are substantially (if not totally) tint free there are also others which aren't. There also appear to be many people who won't notice tint much either, even if the problem is very noticeable to someone else. This doesn't make you OR the other person wrong - it simply means some individuals are more sensitive to things like background colour variations than others.

I'd probably switch my screen for an A01 revision, if it improves sRGB/Adobe mode problems, but I now find myself very reluctant to risk exchanging it because I don't want to risk getting a U2410 that's green on one side and red on the other. If Dell can solve that problem (and they can by either having LG perform stricter quality control and/or by adding uniformity controls to the U2410) then it would remove the only real thing I have against the U2410, as I'm otherwise very happy with mine overall..

a lot of people are referring to the nec, are you all talking about the 2490wuxi or the 2490wuxi2, cause wherever i looked i only found the wuxi2.
Apart from that, and money aside, is there any other monitor better than the 2410 on all the major aspects? some people talked about eizo monitors, but on some respected review sites, i don't find much eizo reviews, don't know why. is there some eizo monitor that is reviewed to be better that 2410?

I'm generalizing nothing.. They all DO have the dither issue. That part is fact, NOT opinion. Whether or not that personally matters to someone else and their subjective visual and personal preferences is an issue I didn't even bother to touch on because it should be UTTERLY OBVIOUS that is down to the individual.

You said "No tint, dithering or any other issues raised by others." Your statement implies the dither issue does not exist on your screen, however ALL U2410's currently have the issue. I'm simply correcting that statement. There's a big difference between "I don't notice" and "it doesn't exist". How much you notice it and how much it matters is purely down to the individuals perception and their usage. For some people the dither issue is bigger than others (particularly photographers who will have difficulty separating background camera noise in dark images from the U2410's current Adobe/sRGB issues.)

Why would you burst my bubble? I don't care what the heck mode you use, and if you're happy that's great. Secondly, Guess what? I don't use sRGB or Adobe mode either, other than for checking things sometimes. The dither issue is a minor annoyance to me personally, and the screen coating is even more minor to me (even though some hate it to the point where they can't live with it).

The only major issue the U2410 has, to me, is the tint issue. Although there are U2410's that are substantially (if not totally) tint free there are also others which aren't. There also appear to be many people who won't notice tint much either, even if the problem is very noticeable to someone else. This doesn't make you OR the other person wrong - it simply means some individuals are more sensitive to things like background colour variations than others.

I'd probably switch my screen for an A01 revision, if it improves sRGB/Adobe mode problems, but I now find myself very reluctant to risk exchanging it because I don't want to risk getting a U2410 that's green on one side and red on the other. If Dell can solve that problem (and they can by either having LG perform stricter quality control and/or by adding uniformity controls to the U2410) then it would remove the only real thing I have against the U2410, as I'm otherwise very happy with mine overall..

Well, 1st off I never explicitly said it does not exist and 2nd, "No tint, dithering or any other issues raised by others." DOES NOT necessarily imply it does not exist either. Why should it? Maybe I wasn't clear but when I said, "No tint, dithering or any other issues raised by others." I meant precisely "No tint, dithering or any other issues raised by others." nothing more nothing less. If I attach the prefixes, "My U2410 has..." then your interpretation may be correct, but if I start off "I see/experience/have..." then probably not. Since I wrote neither, you basically wrote what you wanna write when I meant the latter. In other words, it is my PERCEPTION that is not seeing anything, period. Though you may argue either interpretation is possible w/ the assertion, it is pretty clear from the context which way I meant b/c 1. It is just me w/o problems while a whole lot of you do. 2. had I intended that way, then it's such a bold statement that I would be more explicit about it. And as I have said this thousand times already, even if it's there due to whatever reason which I honestly could not care any less, again I don't give a jot. Happy?

Last edited:
Ok, If you guys wanna argue over something stupid, do it somewhere else.

I agree :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :D... Hey, how true is this rumor (source http://en.community.dell.com/forums/p/19297120/19574560.aspx?PageIndex=5#19580158):

rainzquall @ DELL forums said:
Testing update: Whole screen tint can be fixed by tuning color temperature in the factory menu!!

When i was surfing u2410 forums today i was lucky enough to find out how to activate the innolux factory menu. And i found that it is extremely helpful if you are not satisfy with the colors of the preset modes (too reddish, yellowish, or greenish) and dont have uneven color tint problem.

In the menu there are RGB temperature values for 5700K(warm), 9300K(cool), 6500K(standard/multi/game), Srgb, and Argb presets. Since i use standard and game presets the most ,i only played with the color temperature of 6500K until the yellowish is gone.

The outcome is pretty satisfying. So for now i will wait for rev01 and see if they are fixing the Srgb/Argb dithering issue.

To activate factory menu, turn off your monitor. Then hold second and forth button(counting from the top), and while holding press the power button. The led will start turning on from the bottom. Once the leds are all on press the first button(the blue factory menu should be opened by now, if not try press the top button again).

Hope it helps.

Last edited:
Since I wrote neither, you basically wrote what you wanna write
Since you wrote neither it can be read in two ways. So I clarified that it's an issue with ALL U2410's whether YOU "see" it or not. End of discussion.

An even tint across the whole screen is easy to correct with calibration anyway, or by adjusting the settings in Custom Mode. However if you've got a noticeable tint in sRGB/Adobe mode etc then you can indeed correct it with this method by using the test mode, although you're better off calibrating it.

An overall tint across the whole screen isn't to be confused with the green/pink tint issue where 2 sides of the screen are in disagreement. The whole reason that's a problem is there's no way to adjust the different sides so that they match. This would require Dell to add different screen zones to the U2410, and allow each zone to be adjusted independently.

Since you wrote neither it can be read in two ways. So I clarified that it's an issue with ALL U2410's whether YOU "see" it or not. End of discussion.

An even tint across the whole screen is easy to correct with calibration anyway, or by adjusting the settings in Custom Mode. However if you've got a noticeable tint in sRGB/Adobe mode etc then you can indeed correct it with this method by using the test mode, although you're better off calibrating it.

An overall tint across the whole screen isn't to be confused with the green/pink tint issue where 2 sides of the screen are in disagreement. The whole reason that's a problem is there's no way to adjust the different sides so that they match. This would require Dell to add different screen zones to the U2410, and allow each zone to be adjusted independently.

Read again. End of discussion.

Ok, If you guys wanna argue over something stupid, do it somewhere else.

It's not something stupid, it's someone trying to be stupid by flaunting his U2410 has no flaws and rest of those people who are suffering from tinting/other problems are anal. :rolleyes: :eek:

Back