Dell U2410

I guess it depends on what you mean by "this" monitor and "that bad". Your comment makes it seem like the build quality of the U2311H is pretty bad too if you're on your third one? I would agree that the tinting issue is pretty bad, but from what I experienced while using mine for a few hours on Friday, it's otherwise fine. It fit the three criteria that I had when choosing a new monitor: 16x10, non-TN, and sRGB.

crap unreliable piece of shit this monitor is

Seriously if you aren't going to add to the thread and you don't own this monitor why not keep your opinion to yourself? I own this monitor and am quite happy with as are other people in this thread.

You already got a "break" before for flaming people about how much you dislike this monitor I would honestly let it go.

I guess it depends on what you mean by "this" monitor and "that bad". Your comment makes it seem like the build quality of the U2311H is pretty bad too if you're on your third one? I would agree that the tinting issue is pretty bad, but from what I experienced while using mine for a few hours on Friday, it's otherwise fine. It fit the three criteria that I had when choosing a new monitor: 16x10, non-TN, and sRGB.

Yeah, I think it's coming down to the fact that the U2311H just isn't up to the quality I'm looking for. Not a fault of the monitor at all. I just to pony up more cash. I'm thinking the U2410 is what I'm looking for. The calibration stuff kind of freaks me out though. I've always been a plug and play type person, so tweaking will be new to me. Is it really difficult with out a calibration tool?

If all you're going for is something that looks fine, then calibration is pretty easy. Even the built-in Windows 7 calibration program will do a decent job for that purpose. If you want to do print quality calibration though, you're going to want a tool.

Had my U2410 for a few days now, loving it except for one thing that's bugging me. When I turn the monitor on (or when I awake it from a 30+ min stand by) I do get a yellow-tint, but after the monitors been on for ~30 seconds it goes away and looks great (I have calibrated it to my liking). My guess is that it's warming up, anyone agree that's whats happening? Or do I have a defective screen on my hands.

in my experience thats fairly typical of large new LCD screens, should work itself out over time in my view.

So is the current Dell price ($499) about the best to expect? Any obtainable coupons out there that could get this lower?

Replacement unit is perfect. Initially I thought there was still a slight pink tint on the right side, but it went away after several minutes.

Last edited:
I need three of these beasts for eyefinity. Seems like they should go on sale soon.. weren't they on sale when the 2311h and other Dell IPS sale was going on a month or so ago?

I need three of these beasts for eyefinity. Seems like they should go on sale soon.. weren't they on sale when the 2311h and other Dell IPS sale was going on a month or so ago?

Yeah I would love two more. Just paid off my truck though and I think I'm about to get fired. :D

The U2410 arrived this afternoon. I'm going to try my hand at this whole calibration thing once I get home, fingers crossed. Am I supposed to calibrate before setting the monitor to sRGB mode? Not sure I have a clue what this is, but everyone keeps mentioning this is the setting the monitor should be in.

Update: Ok need a little help with this. I've got my brightness and contrast to acceptable levels, but I'm still getting a greenish tint on the left side of the screen. It's not awful, but noticeable. Is this something that can be adjusted via the settings or am I SoL?

Thanks!

Last edited:
Err, those pictures look like screen caps rather than photographs of the screen.. ?

Anyway, put it in custom mode and try turning down the Green gain and offset values. Do it whilst looking at something where you see the issue. It'll definitely help. Whether it helps enough or not depends on the screen and your own personal preferences. Some tweaking of saturation and hue values (keep hue values within the 48-52 range) might also help very slighty.

Err, those pictures look like screen caps rather than photographs of the screen.. ?

Anyway, put it in custom mode and try turning down the Green gain and offset values. Do it whilst looking at something where you see the issue. It'll definitely help. Whether it helps enough or not depends on the screen and your own personal preferences. Some tweaking of saturation and hue values (keep hue values within the 48-52 range) might also help very slighty.

Thanks for the reply. Those are screenshots and not photos. I didn't realize that screenshots don't help hehe, sorry.

I've been messing with the G setting and teh Hue and I can't seem to get rid of the greenish tint. I can't notice in game, but see it when viewing web-pages and photos. I can really see a difference on Newegg's site where the right side is a nice beige color and the left side is a darker greenish beige :(.

Is it return time already?

Calibration affects the screen evenly, so it won't cure just one side. You can try to exchange it, but the odds are low that you'll get an uniform unit. Very low. Once your eyes see this defect you'll pay attention to it on every screen. There's something psychological about wanting symmetry and balance that we can't ignore.

Yes, the green tint is a defective panel. My first unit had green tinting on the left and red tinting on the right. Fortunately my replacement unit seems to be almost perfectly even.

But while we're on the topic of color calibration, does anyone know why I can't seem to calibrate it using Windows 7's built-in Color Calibration tool? Whenever I try to adjust the gamma slider, the monitor briefly changes to the new setting and then immediately self-adjusts back to the original setting, even though the slider does not move. It's set in sRGB mode, PC Gamma, and connected to an eVGA 9800 GTX using DVI.

do these monitors have ambient light sensing? I have noticed that sometimes if i navigate from like hard to Google you can see the brightness increment down or up like a laptop screen when adjusting brightness.

Just use blakcle.com then... :)

Spoke to Dell last evening and a replacement is on it's way. Let's see if I can win the U2410 lottery, I didn't win the U2311H lottery lol.

Spoke to Dell last evening and a replacement is on it's way. Let's see if I can win the U2410 lottery, I didn't win the U2311H lottery lol.

I gotta say.. I think you just need to deal with whatever monitor you have. I see from your past posts that you already sent back 3 U2311s and now this one. You're not going to get a perfect display, and you're just wasting time and resources shipping all these monitors back and forth. And if you think posting screenshots is going to help people notice you monitor's tinting issue, then I think you have bigger problems.

I gotta say.. I think you just need to deal with whatever monitor you have. I see from your past posts that you already sent back 3 U2311s and now this one. You're not going to get a perfect display, and you're just wasting time and resources shipping all these monitors back and forth. And if you think posting screenshots is going to help people notice you monitor's tinting issue, then I think you have bigger problems.

Uniformity is all I'm asking for. I think it's completely reasonable to ask for a screen that displays accurate colors throughout. I'm going to try a few more.

And yes I'm new to the whole monitor enthusiast scene. In my previous posy you'll notice that I realized posting screens, rather than pictures, doesn't work.

Can anyone tell me if setting are changed via teh custom preset if the carry over to the sRGB preset?

Last edited:
Uniformity is all I'm asking for.
The only way to be sure you'll get that is to buy a screen which provides corrective controls (think higher end NEC or Eizo). Dell also don't swap for uniformity issues officially, and the main reason they'll "entertain" such requests is probably because you're within the refund period where you can get your money back. If they notice you're exchanging many screens for that reason don't be surprised if someone on the phone refuses you at some point, and you'll be stuck with what you've got. Put another way, I don't think it's wise to request exchanges outside of the refund period (which, iirc, is within 21 days of you taking delivery of the first screen).

I think it's completely reasonable to ask for a screen that displays accurate colors throughout.
It sure is. Unfortunately that's not what LG provides with their IPS panels, and it's not what Dell provide either until they introduce proper corrective controls. If you want to minimize these issues get a non wide-gamut display or even consider looking at VA panels, unless you're willing to pay more for a screen which has the controls to correct for uniformity issues.

Can anyone tell me if setting are changed via teh custom preset if the carry over to the sRGB preset?
No it doesn't.

Is there anyone having a positive experience with the u2410?
It's not a perfect technology and i'm a normal everyday user, love a bit of gaming and a nice desktop background, so unlike some i'm not expecting perfection but a damn good monitor all the same..

Last edited:
Is there anyone having a positive experience with the u2410?
It's not a perfect technology and i'm a normal everyday user, love a bit of gaming and a nice desktop background, so unlike some i'm not expecting perfection but a damn good monitor all the same..

I'm loving this monitor. Apparently I got pretty lucky that my second unit was pretty much perfect, but it's been fantastic.

For every 1 complaint there are dozens of happy customers. Thats the case with EVERYTHING.

If you just listened to complaints, you wouldn't buy anything.

For every 1 complaint there are dozens of happy customers. Thats the case with EVERYTHING.

If you just listened to complaints, you wouldn't buy anything.

rubbish. if you hear more complaints then people being happy about it across DIFFERENT forums and threads then you know that product is a piece of crap.

You going to preach same thing about the xbox 360 ?:rolleyes:

rubbish. if you hear more complaints then people being happy about it across DIFFERENT forums and threads then you know that product is a piece of crap.

You going to preach same thing about the xbox 360 ?:rolleyes:

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Right so if you collected all the complaints across lets say 4 or 5 forums that even have dedicated display sub forums you might have around a few hundred (might as well throw all the 22-23 inch Dell ips models in there with it) ..out of lets say 10's of thousands that have sold (thats being modest) ..

Seriously you honestly do nothing but bash this monitor , you don't own it and constantly inject your opinion on it for no reason other than to be annoying.

Like I said before keep it up , after your last vacation I'm sure the next one will end up being even longer.

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Right so if you collected all the complaints across lets say 4 or 5 forums that even have dedicated display sub forums you might have around a few hundred (might as well throw all the 22-23 inch Dell ips models in there with it) ..out of lets say 10's of thousands that have sold (thats being modest) ..

Seriously you honestly do nothing but bash this monitor , you don't own it and constantly inject your opinion on it for no reason other than to be annoying.

Like I said before keep it up , after your last vacation I'm sure the next one will end up being even longer.

what vacation? the hell your talking about? you realy think i will get banned for expressing an OPINION. try again mate.

Your logic is flawed. how do you know tens of thousands have perfectly fine monitors? how come most products dont have such high failure rates then this monitor?

Go and have a look on the nvidia forums for example and tell me how many people are on their 2nd or 3rd 480gtx . hardly any. why? because its pretty reliable. not many have issues with it.

like i said, xbox 360 is a prime example of a product that has a high failure rate where 9/10 game forums all have people saying their 360 died on them.

Same goes for this monitor. it has a pretty high failure rate seeing as many people have rma'd it. This thread alone is is fileld with many saying how their on their 2nd and 3rd monitor. this thread should be renamed has "Dell U2410 RMA thread"

edit: if its wrong to express opinions in this forum then yea ok ban me. i will just visit a better tech forum that ALLOWS people to express their opinions whether its a positive or negetive one.

Last edited:
Back