Dell U2212HM

FNtastic

[H]ard|Gawd
I found a couple of these for sale "locally". Brand new in box. They are still factory sealed. I'm thinking of picking two of them up. Anyone know if they are a good monitor for everyday use? Probably some light gaming, etc.

I've read online reviews, but was wondering if anyone has personal experience with them.

I have the older U2211H. It has very bad AG coating - the worst I've seen on any monitor. Hopefully the U2212HM is better. It works alright for gaming - no noticeable input lag. The U2211H is a 6 bit panel with FRC. I assume the U2212HM is the same?

The 2312 uses the same coating as the 2311. Opt for a flicker free (does not use LED pwm dimming) LG AH-IPS 2xMP55HQ monitor, they are currently the best, cheap matte IPS panels.

Thanks for the replies guys!

I'm now actually looking at the LG.
Would 22MP56HQ be as good as 22MP55HQ?
Seems they have the same features. Is there a small detail I'm missing?

The 56Q isn't flicker free/uses PWM, it has minimal flicker according to LG's site, so buy the 55HQ. LED PWM Dimming Side Effects.
Thank you for that very important information! Can you tell me where you found that info? When I look at LG website, the monitors appear to have the exact same specs. Including "Flicker-safe".
I have another question. When searching for the monitor, I see 22MP55HQ-P. In the model number, what does the "-P" mean? Anything important?

Last edited:
Scroll down, the 56 uses minimal flicker [New dimming technology is applied to minimize the flicker level that may cause eye fatigue. With almost-zero flicker* technology, looking at your computer screen for longer periods of time is more comfortable.
technology] (product page). 22MP55HQ-P is the full product name, most sites refer to the monitors 2xMP5xHQ since it looks nicer.

Scroll down, the 56 uses minimal flicker [New dimming technology is applied to minimize the flicker level that may cause eye fatigue. With almost-zero flicker* technology, looking at your computer screen for longer periods of time is more comfortable.
technology] (product page). 22MP55HQ-P is the full product name, most sites refer to the monitors 2xMP5xHQ since it looks nicer.

Maybe I'm just having trouble noticing the difference. But, when I pull up the 55 on LG's site, it says exactly what you quoted. Just the same as the 56 page... :confused:

They are definitely different for me. Get the 55 or a glossy, PWM free Acer S236HL or HP 23" Envy which is a bit better than the Acer. Glossy coatings make everything look clearer and more vibrant but are reflective.

LG Canada's site (the one I linked) differentiates them. You can keep bringing it up repeatedly or be safe and get the 55.

LG Canada's site (the one I linked) differentiates them. You can keep bringing it up repeatedly or be safe and get the 55.

Seems according to this thread that both models have the same technology and don't suffer from PWM flicker. http://pcmonitors.info/forum/topic/flicker-free-monitors

EDIT: that's 55 and 65 models that are listed. NOT 56. ;)

Thanks for your recommendations NCX. I believe I will be purchasing an LG monitor :)

Back