So a friend's laptop seems to be dead.
Normally when the power cord is plugged in, a light comes on showing that the laptop is plugged in, this is no longer the case.
Right now I have the laptop stripped down to the motherboard, using a multimeter I know that there is definitely power coming into the motherboard.
Touching some of the chips near the cpu I am getting over a 10V reading.
So there is no power lights, fan does not spin, i have removed the hdd, ram, tried different cmos batteries, and nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas or is the motherboard most likely dead?
Normally when the power cord is plugged in, a light comes on showing that the laptop is plugged in, this is no longer the case.
Right now I have the laptop stripped down to the motherboard, using a multimeter I know that there is definitely power coming into the motherboard.
Touching some of the chips near the cpu I am getting over a 10V reading.
So there is no power lights, fan does not spin, i have removed the hdd, ram, tried different cmos batteries, and nothing.
Does anyone have any ideas or is the motherboard most likely dead?
Last edited: