Dell Studio 15

BoyBlunder

[H]ard|Gawd
Thinking about getting a new laptop. I've had a netbook and it was just too small, so I'm looking for something a little more beefy.

After browsing my RSS feeds, I came upon this deal from FW: http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1008365/

Is this a deal? I know next to nothing about laptop processors and the GPU does seem pretty nice. I've been looking at reviews for the Studio 15 and they all seem pretty positive.

What's the general consensus on this?

Specs for the lazy:

Code:
Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium, 64bit, English
NEW 2010 Intel® Core™ i5-520M 2.40GHz (2.93Ghz Turbo Mode, 3M cache)
4GB Shared Dual Channel DDR3 at 1066MHz
15.6” High Definition (720p) LED Display with TrueLife™ and Camera
ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470, 1GB
320GB SATA Hard Drive (7200RPM)
8X Slot Load CD/DVD Burner (Dual Layer DVD+/-R Drive)
Soundblaster X-Fi Hi Def Audio - Software Enabled
Intel© Centrino© Advanced-N 6200
85 Whr Lithium Ion Battery (9 cell)
1 Year Basic Service Plan
Specc'd the way I want it, it'd be $714 + tax w/ free shipping. Thoughts?

I'm not looking to do any heavy gaming with this. I'd just like something quick, that I can use to surf the web/watch videos around the house.

It's not bad for the price. I just got sick of low resolution LCDs though so I wouldn't personally buy it.

You will really enjoy the new Studios. They have a good base of quality parts, their fit and finish is quite good for the money and they boast some really good battery life. Having torn apart and fixed a ton of these, I would say go for it. It's a good deal for the amount of hardware you're getting with it!

I got a similar machine

4570 video
1080 panel
500GB 7200rpm HDD
backlit keyboard (worth admission price alone)

paid $1208 delivered (incl tax and shipping) 3 months ago

Good deal you got there if you ask me but 1336*768 might be limiting factor......

Back