Dell Stackables Back!

Oh my, what have I done....the undeniable want finally overwhelmed my sensibilities. Maybe I will feel better about it in the morning...LOL BTW, the $90 off coupons says it expires 5:59 am 05/16/05 in my order confirmation. Just a heads up.

On a side note, these do come with a DVI cable correct?

Anybody know how much longer this deal will go on? also, that was a great article, although i wonder why they could not get a dvi to hdmi cable working properly. Also, i assume that those monitors they are talking about (the naitive 1080i ones) must be similiar too the 2405fpw... too bad they are so expensive!

FurBurglar said:
Oh my, what have I done....the undeniable want finally overwhelmed my sensibilities. Maybe I will feel better about it in the morning...LOL BTW, the $90 off coupons says it expires 5:59 am 05/16/05 in my order confirmation. Just a heads up.

On a side note, these do come with a DVI cable correct?

well, that answers one question.

Now look what I have went and done.... :cool:

UltraSharp 2005FPW 20.1-inch Wide Aspect Flat Panel LCD Monitor with Height Adjustable Stand

Sub-total $408.84
Shipping & Handling $14.00
Shipping & Handling Discount -$14.00
Tax $0.00
Total Price $408.84

i guess most of us are on the may 19 boat. good luck gentlemen! may we get a good batch!

FurBurglar said:
Damn, estimated ship date 05/19/05. TIme to hurry up and wait.

Estimated ship date: Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dammit. I wanna plug this damn thing in before I have to work next weekend. meh.

Four weekdays isn't that bad...although hopefully some will make it out earlier. ^_^

Does estimated ship date necessarily mean the day it will arrive? How long does it usually take to get out here after it ships? I'm in Southern California and it looks like I'm on the May 19th also.

sometimes people have got their FP's days before the ship date. All depends on how fast the underpants gnomes are working.

DevilDoc said:
Estimated ship date: Thursday, May 19, 2005

Dammit. I wanna plug this damn thing in before I have to work next weekend. meh.

My buddy ordered on Saturday.. Said shipping on the 19th.. He got the shipping confirmation/tracking number yesturday (as it shipped at like 8pm).. So...Maybe we all will be getting it before the weekend :)

FurBurglar said:
Where do these ship from anyway? (Since almost all of us have to pay tax)

Tennessee is where my buddies shipped from.. I'm waiting for my tracking number now.. Hopefully I'll get a surprise in my email today :)

im333mfg said:
Tennessee is where my buddies shipped from.. I'm waiting for my tracking number now.. Hopefully I'll get a surprise in my email today :)

If mine is coming trom TN, then to VA shouldn't take more than a few days.

looks like i've got the same est. ship date as everyone else. lets hope we all get ones free of problems.

Can't wait...this will be my first flat panel monitor I have owned. I will give my 19'' Samsung CRT to my niece for school.

It appears that the $$$ off a xx purchase coupons have expired. :( Missed it this time.

Blackrain said:
Can't wait...this will be my first flat panel monitor I have owned. I will give my 19'' Samsung CRT to my niece for school.
Ha! I'm replacing a 19inch Samsung CRT too! Mine's a 955DF, yours?

I'm 15, so this has been a major purchase for me. :p Can't wait.

Obi_Kwiet said:
Ha! I'm replacing a 19inch Samsung CRT too! Mine's a 955DF, yours?

I'm 15, so this has been a major purchase for me. :p Can't wait.
Yeah it's the same....it's a great monitor though but this will save me alot of space and it will match my black desktop setup.

:( awwww damn it i missed it again, the $90 off coupon expired before i could get it :( *sigh* i guess it's back to the waiting game

W00T! Monitor shipped from Tenessee at 2:09PM, estimated to be here Wednesday

Edit: Nice surprise since it's coming a week before Dell had estimated.

n64man120 said:
W00T! Monitor shipped from Tenessee at 2:09PM, estimated to be here Wednesday

Edit: Nice surprise since it's coming a week before Dell had estimated.

And when did you submit your order? I'd love the hell outta that monitor if it showed up on Wed.

n64man120 said:
1pm ET ish
1pm Today?

Code:
Package Progress:
Date/Time............... Location........... Activity 
May 16, 2005/4:09 P.M.   NASHVILLE, TN, US   ORIGIN SCAN

Darn, ordered this on Sat Afternoon, and it didn't get shipped until 4pm today? Oh well, at least I'll have it this week.

I ordered mine on saturday 9:23 pacific time and it has not shipped yet. I don't get my computer until late next week so I am not in a hurry. It's going to be nice going from a 17"CRT to the 2005.

Believe it or not I've never dealt with Dell before but so far they're doing well in my book. I ordered 1 PM Saturday and got a shipping notice like 30 minutes later (not order confirmation, an actual shipping e-mail), so I checked the tracking today and got no information, went to their site and it said "Estimated Ship Date 5/19", so I was a little puzzled. I had an e-mail that said "Your order has been shipped", so I called and it turns out it was never shipped but the CSR upgraded me to one business day shipping, so good for Dell for stepping to the plate.

Now I just have to hope the monitors live up to the hype. :)

scrooloose said:

That wasn't really necessary. Maybe the OP should change his OP, but the thread ain't dead just because the deal is. In other words, STFU.

Blackrain said:
Yeah it's the same....it's a great monitor though but this will save me alot of space and it will match my black desktop setup.

Yeah, though, mine only works well at some resolutions. At others it has terrible moire issues.

coolio..got my tracking number and it is being shipped from memphis. it shall be here some day this week!

JackieO said:
Now I just have to hope the monitors live up to the hype. :)
The monitor that has been hyped is the 2405FPW. I've read almost nothing but good things about the 2405FPW. However, the 2005FPW has had a nice long history of being BAD. Sure, it works great for some people (mostly non-gamers), but for others (mostly gamers) it was a waste of time and money. I suppose you could call an 87+ page thread with a plethora of complaining regarding backlighting issues hype though. I don't think that's the kind of hype that you want in a monitor you just spent 400+ bucks on.

I would be a hypocrite not to mention the fact that I did read that thread before I bought the 2005FPW about a month ago, knew about the backlight bleeding issue, but I bought the monitor anyways because Dell had an awesome deal going on it. I figured, the monitor has been out for 7 months now, surely they have fixed this issue. However, the backlight bleeding was HORRIBLE on the monitor I received. I was not going to get sucked into the return / exchange merry-go-round just to get the "perfect" monitor after 3 or 4 tries. I returned the monitor for a refund after 1 day. It doesn't take long to notice your "black" screen is almost gray due to the severe backlighting issues. Dell is banking on the fact that most people will "just live with it" because they got a "good deal".

However, maybe Dell has unfucked themselves and resolved this backlight bleeding issue that has plagued this particular monitor since it's release. Maybe all of the people that pulled the trigger on Dells latest round of deals will actually get a GOOD monitor that has very little to no backlight bleeding issues. I really, sincerely, hope that you people get a monitor that is not a lemon.

Back