Dell S2417DG

I've also had flickering on mine, but only in 165hz mode.

Did you have to unplug the power of the monitor to get the 165hz to stick? or did it work right away when changing the refresh rate on the monitor? Just curious

Did you have to unplug the power of the monitor to get the 165hz to stick? or did it work right away when changing the refresh rate on the monitor? Just curious

No. I just enable it in the OSD, then hit the power button off then on, and then it pops up in NVCP as 165hz option.

No. I just enable it in the OSD, then hit the power button off then on, and then it pops up in NVCP as 165hz option.

Interesting.....just for curiosity are you using the original dp cable? Ive ordered the accell ultraav dp cable from amazon as it seems to be the best to resolve connectivity issues.

Interesting.....just for curiosity are you using the original dp cable? Ive ordered the accell ultraav dp cable from amazon as it seems to be the best to resolve connectivity issues.

Yes, using the DP cable it came with.

I just got my exchanged s2417dg from dell today and I can say that I am much more pleased with this one...for starters the blacks are much better and this time my monitor came in a white retail packaging box and not some dell cardboard box equivalent. Also I am please to say that the 165hz works perfectly from the osd menu and I no longer need to unplug my monitor for the refresh rate to stick. Also there was no dings or scratches on the screen/stand. Overall I am much more pleased with this second monitor as I am convinced the first one was returned because of the bad panel uniformity and was then sent to me. Who ever receives this monitor from Dell just make sure to give it a thorough check. If you get a good one im certain you will be more then happy as the colours are truly amazing for a TN panel.

is anybody noticing any flickering in games? Ive recently noticed flickering in Just Cause 3 with the latest geforce hotfix drivers. Weird thing is it flickers only in 144hz but not when I set it to 120hz. Battlefield 1 seems to run fine so far, havent tried any other games yet.

I have just installed mine 10 minutes ago.

It's... well... different.

Coming from a near 10 year old LG L245BN/WG IPS 16:10 monitor it's... I dunno.
I had thought TN had come a long way but there's something off with the colours and contrast.
Did I expect too much of a monitor in 10 years of TN film development? I had somehow expected recent TN's to be as good as IPS 10 years ago.

I need more time, that's for certain. What I can say is: no, it doesn't blow me away yet.
Perhaps when I start up a game...

I had thought TN had come a long way but there's something off with the colours and contrast.
Did I expect too much of a monitor in 10 years of TN film development? I had somehow expected recent TN's to be as good as IPS 10 years ago.

I need more time, that's for certain. What I can say is: no, it doesn't blow me away yet.

Did you try adjusting the colours in the NVCP? I know mine looks very washed until I played with the settings...This is what I use:

Dell Monitor : Standard Preset

NVCP: brightness 50%
Contrast 75%
Gamma 0.80
Digital Vibrance 55%
Hue 0

Try those out and dont forget to install the drivers from the Dell site. Let us know if that helps

Like every TN panel this monitors out of the box settings are garbage and needs some work to get image quality right. Tweak the settings however you want or use a colorimeter but yes this thing isnt really going to WOW you with default settings.

Like every TN panel this monitors out of the box settings are garbage and needs some work to get image quality right. Tweak the settings however you want or use a colorimeter but yes this thing isnt really going to WOW you with default settings.
no, not like every TN, like every Dell. for whatever reason their factory defaults are always awful, even on their higher end models.

I have installed the ICC profiles posted a page back and yes, that made things quite a bit better.
Dell drivers are installed, G-sync enables w/o overclocking ( 144Hz ) .

Feels good now.

There's just this one thing. But I'm not sure if that's the monitor or just the game.
Skyrim SE is light grey at night. Granted, it always was, but for some reason I'm bothered with it now.

Also, My 780 SLI are sweating their ass off ^^. Computing power is ok, but the 3Gb Vram is killing it a bit at 1440p ultra.
Getting a nice 50-60 fps though and 1440p is niiiiice. Makes me wonder how much longer I need to wait for a 21:9 capable OLED/HDR/G-Sync 120Hz/Much WOW monitor ^^.

No buyers remorse though!

I have installed the ICC profiles posted a page back and yes, that made things quite a bit better.
Dell drivers are installed, G-sync enables w/o overclocking ( 144Hz ) .

Feels good now.

There's just this one thing. But I'm not sure if that's the monitor or just the game.
Skyrim SE is light grey at night. Granted, it always was, but for some reason I'm bothered with it now.

Also, My 780 SLI are sweating their ass off ^^. Computing power is ok, but the 3Gb Vram is killing it a bit at 1440p ultra.
Getting a nice 50-60 fps though and 1440p is niiiiice. Makes me wonder how much longer I need to wait for a 21:9 capable OLED/HDR/G-Sync 120Hz/Much WOW monitor ^^.

No buyers remorse though!

Blacks on this monitor are really Light on this monitor but then again they are not too dark where you can't see stuff in dark maps of games. Unless it's Rift where everything is walking like a cash cow candy shop....

Hi guys,

This monitor is on sale right now on amazon and best buy for $399.99. Just ordered one. Posted the links on the hot deals page.

Hello, I bought this monitor and received it yesterday and the displayport wont work. Is anyone else having this problem? Tried turning off the power save feature and reversing the display port cable. Only tried the included display port cable so far, was going to pick up another one and try that. The monitor is revision A00 and built in September 2016. Old HDMI cable works though, for 60 hz and no g sync...

Hello, I bought this monitor and received it yesterday and the displayport wont work. Is anyone else having this problem? Tried turning off the power save feature and reversing the display port cable. Only tried the included display port cable so far, was going to pick up another one and try that. The monitor is revision A00 and built in September 2016. Old HDMI cable works though, for 60 hz and no g sync...

I remember I had this problem when I tried to overclock the display with the including DP cable....I would try making sure the display isnt overclocked in the menu settings and also reset the display. Then after that is done make sure to unplug the monitor from the outlet as using the power button doesnt actually properly reset the display. If that doesnt work trying using another display port cable as I had to switch the cable to get the overlock working on mine.

Reactions: Pande
like this

It happens. You have to play with cables a little bit. I've had the same issues with my 27" replacement from Dell. It took me 30 minutes to fix it though.

I remember I had this problem when I tried to overclock the display with the including DP cable....I would try making sure the display isnt overclocked in the menu settings and also reset the display. Then after that is done make sure to unplug the monitor from the outlet as using the power button doesnt actually properly reset the display. If that doesnt work trying using another display port cable as I had to switch the cable to get the overlock working on mine.
Thank you! I did the factory reset and unlpugged and regplugged like you said and it worked. Kinda odd I had to do that to a brand new monitor. How do you like the overclock, do you think its worth it? If so, I have a new DP cable picked out. Love this monitor and the pixel density, just need to adjust the colors now lol.

It happens. You have to play with cables a little bit. I've had the same issues with my 27" replacement from Dell. It took me 30 minutes to fix it though.
Haha I wish it only took me 30 minutes, I was really excited to use this monitor.

With the new display port cable?
Try changing it the old fashion way maybe using the Display Adapter and change it to 144hz
No, I'm still using the included display port cable. Will probably order a accel DP cable. Was hoping after the factory reset and now getting the DP option to work that I'd get the full 144-165hz.

Picked this up for myself as a belated Christmas gift. It was $400 on Amazon, so I cashed in some credit and paid about $180 out of pocket. Loving it so far, even with its limitations. I've managed to calibrate good but not great white range, and OK-ish blacks with some crushing at the dark end. The gamma is the real weak point on this thing.

I am seeing an issue at high refresh rates, though, where the screen will turn two shades of gray and stay like that until I reboot. Usually it happens while watching HW accelerated video in MPC-HC. Is this a function of my GPU being unable to process 1080p videos at 120Hz? Or is this something else?

Back