Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

have a link to this "e-junkies" i looked around for it but couldnt find any coupons.

nm, found it.

Can someone tell me how i can apply the .icm file that was attached to a post in this thread? I've got a GTX260. Thanks, never really worked with color management before. Also, what is the best driver for this monitor?
Anyone? As OP of this thread I demand some attention!!! :p

Kidding, kidding, but seriously, can someone give me a heads up as to what to do with the file? I added it to the color management tab and set it as default, is there anything beyond that necessary?

Are you supposed to notice any changes upon applying the profile? It didn't seem to change anything at all from what i could tell.

why are these still so damn expensive

Are you joking? Granted this is the refurb price not brand new but it's an awesome price for such a good monitor. Get out of the race to the bottom Walmart mentality and realize that it's ok to pay for quality. Also this is a monitor and a very good one so it ought to last for a long time as a system component.

As far as scaling goes, i really dont suggest buying a monitor bigger than what you plan to run at native resolution. The main reason to buy a 30" monitor is the extra resolution, thats also one of the main reasons for the jump in price. If you only plan to run 1920x1200 or 1080p, just buy a 24" monitor or 30" hd tv.

Balthan, how did you make out for 668 shipped?

Hmm...I'm not even really going to buy one but I always have wish lists in my head :p I could definitely use the desktop resolution on a single monitor but then for gaming I would want to run 1920x1200 just because I wouldn't want to keep up with the video card treadmill. The whole 'you can afford this monitor you can afford high-end graphics cards' argument isn't quite one that I buy, not at this price for the monitor and not when high-end graphics cards cost nearly as much at launch and lose value like nothing else. At least a high quality monitor can be used for a long time.

Any other opinions on scaling or the anti-glare? Especially the latter if you've had a 2407WFP. I like glossy and currently use dual 20WMGX2, heavy anti-glare would kill this for me. Of course I could always try one and see.

Are you joking? Granted this is the refurb price not brand new but it's an awesome price for such a good monitor. Get out of the race to the bottom Walmart mentality and realize that it's ok to pay for quality.

I paid $1299.99 three years ago for my Dell 3007WFP and I was glad to have it at that price. Granted mine was new and not refurbished, but still. This price is a steal.

I paid $1299.99 three years ago for my Dell 3007WFP and I was glad to have it at that price. Granted mine was new and not refurbished, but still. This price is a steal.

three years ago and its only dropped that much? sounds like price fixing to me :p :D

nah but i'll probably get one when it gets down to 400 :)

Any other opinions on scaling or the anti-glare? Especially the latter if you've had a 2407WFP. I like glossy and currently use dual 20WMGX2, heavy anti-glare would kill this for me. Of course I could always try one and see.

I am having a hard time getting used to AG coating used on HP 30''. I can see a bunch of dusts and sparkles in white back ground.
I assume Dell also has this since they both use the same panel and this is one of the characteristics of IPS.

exactly, every other monitor I have ever purchased has drop to worthless within 3 years. 22" NEC2141SB-Bk retailed for abotu $1000 when I picked it up for $550, what a steal, 2 years later and it was worthless... Bought my 37" monitor for $900 and it was a steal and its now down to $600 only a year later... Refurbs are even less. I jsut expected the price to drop on these as well. I wont buy one just because Dell is an evil corperation and has borrowed money from me enough times. :p and I can't afford tri-SLI with 3 4870x2's

edit: i mean crossfire :p

Got my pair today.

Is this [H]ard?

That's a Dell 2407WFP on the left for reference.

CIMG1490_small.jpg

Full sized image: http://communityhosting.net/files/pics/CIMG1490.JPG

I can see a bunch of dusts and sparkles in white back ground.
I assume Dell also has this since they both use the same panel and this is one of the characteristics of IPS.

Dust and sparkels on the 2407WFP is what drove me to get a glossy display. Mfg's can spec different coatings I imagine though so I'd still like to hear from someone who has the display, especially if they've had others with different screen finishes. In the end it would probably come down to 'try one and see' though.

So sad there's no glossy 24" IPS :(

Dust and sparkels on the 2407WFP is what drove me to get a glossy display. Mfg's can spec different coatings I imagine though so I'd still like to hear from someone who has the display, especially if they've had others with different screen finishes. In the end it would probably come down to 'try one and see' though.

So sad there's no glossy 24" IPS :(

I think my eyes are adjusted to s-pva, but I will get used to it soon. If you want a 30'' IPS monitor, there is no other choice. :(
Why don't you look in to Samsung 305t? I've heard nothing but praise on that monitor.

My two came today, showed up at the same time. Ordered them Monday after noon and took free standard shipping.

Refurbs come with nothing but stand and monitor... but power cables and dual-link DVI cables are cheap (monoprice.com :D )

Not necessarily, mine came with power/dual-link cables a driver cd and manual. Might as well have been retail with what came with it and the condition it was in.

Refurbs come with nothing but stand and monitor... but power cables and dual-link DVI cables are cheap (monoprice.com :D )

Thanks!

Is there a dual-link DVI and Power cable you can recommend?

I oticed how the dual-link DVI cables at monoprice state: The DVD-D dual link configuration provides enough bandwidth for resolutions up to 2048 x 1536 and allows high speed digital transmission up to 9.9 Gbps.

That resolution is not high enough for a 30 inch monitor. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Not necessarily, mine came with power/dual-link cables a driver cd and manual. Might as well have been retail with what came with it and the condition it was in.

Heh, well mine had a note saying they're not supposed to ship with anything, and it didn't. I got a box, foam, and a monitor... :D

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10209&cs_id=1020902&p_id=2408&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10228&cs_id=1022801&p_id=1291&seq=1&format=2

Walla, priority/cheap shipping it'll come out to about $10...

Mine had those same notes, but both still came with a full set of accessories. Power cable, Dual-Link DVI cable, CD, other junk I didn't look at.

Monoprice is about 150 miles from my house so it's only $8 for overnight shipping (only $3 more than priority). I hate the mail service around here.

Win.

What's up with the resolution though? The product description states the cable supports up to 2048 x 1536. That is not high enough for a 30 inch panel at this resolution, does this make a difference?

Just a bad description, if it's dual-link DVI it's good enough... pretty sure that's the exact one I ordered..

Heh, well mine had a note saying they're not supposed to ship with anything, and it didn't. I got a box, foam, and a monitor... :D

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10209&cs_id=1020902&p_id=2408&seq=1&format=2

http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...=10228&cs_id=1022801&p_id=1291&seq=1&format=2

Walla, priority/cheap shipping it'll come out to about $10...
Thanks for the site. I'm going to wait until I get the monitor before ordering (crossing my fingers I get the cables), but I have it bookmarked just in case. Although I think I'm going to order the 24AWG instead (eh, buy one, buy well :D).

:C Being a college student, If I this were 600-650 I would bite. Too poor to buy this..

:C Being a college student, If I this were 600-650 I would bite. Too poor to buy this..

with the coupon it came out to 685 after taxes.

Mine already shipped yesterday. They're freaking quick. Expected delivery is monday :) So i'll get to set it up, use it for 2 days then leave for 10 days for christmas :(

We have 120 of these where I work, we got 60 3 years ago and another 60 2 years ago. So far we have had about 12 of them go bad (some of you may be getting those ;)) and a few bad cables. They are starting to go bad now more frequently now that they are getting older, backlight going out or discoloration which is disappointing. I just sent back two this week, and the returns are refurbs. Half of the refurbs came with cables and half did not. They are nice monitors but look like crap if they are not running at the native resolution.

Mine is a bit disappointing. I have spent some time trying to eyeball a basic calibration but I really am not skilled enough apparently. I happen to have a really nice looking Apple Cinema Display sitting next to it, so it emphasizes the difference. Right now I have tamed the color saturation a bit but I made my whites look yellowish. More work needed...

My main issue is that mine came out of the box smelling like it spent its whole life in a smoky bar or something. When it warms up it makes my whole office smell like cigarettes, which isn't going to work. That and there is quite a bit of cosmetic damage to the frame, and 1 dead pixel.

I could probably live with the pixel and the cosmetic stuff. The smell is pretty bad.

Mine has cables, looks great. For less than 700 bucks for 30", the detractors can suck it. ;)

We have 120 of these where I work, we got 60 3 years ago and another 60 2 years ago. So far we have had about 12 of them go bad (some of you may be getting those ;)) and a few bad cables. They are starting to go bad now more frequently now that they are getting older, backlight going out or discoloration which is disappointing. I just sent back two this week, and the returns are refurbs. Half of the refurbs came with cables and half did not. They are nice monitors but look like crap if they are not running at the native resolution.

wow where do you work??

Mine is a bit disappointing. I have spent some time trying to eyeball a basic calibration but I really am not skilled enough apparently. I happen to have a really nice looking Apple Cinema Display sitting next to it, so it emphasizes the difference. Right now I have tamed the color saturation a bit but I made my whites look yellowish. More work needed...

My main issue is that mine came out of the box smelling like it spent its whole life in a smoky bar or something. When it warms up it makes my whole office smell like cigarettes, which isn't going to work. That and there is quite a bit of cosmetic damage to the frame, and 1 dead pixel.

I could probably live with the pixel and the cosmetic stuff. The smell is pretty bad.
Isn't there no question returns or exchanges?

In light of the fact that apparently there is a no-questions asked exchange policy on these, and the fact that others have received refurbs that are indistinguishable from new units, I wouldn't hesitate to send it back for another.

I never really thought about it until I read your post, but when buying refurbished gear it's entirely possible that you (and others) received a display that was sent back to Dell after sitting in a smoker's house for several months. I don't like the smell of cigarettes, and I don't like the thought of that yellow/brown residue being all over the front of the panel or on the electronics inside. Ew.

I have also found that whites can seem sort of yellow-ish on Dell displays (my 2001FP IPS panel exhibited that also; it was minor though and I didn't have a high-end display right next to it to compare it to). I was able to get it to a very good level, but it was never WHITE white...like CRT white. It was probably within a few shades, though.

I'd definitely send it back for exchange due to the cosmetic blemishes and smell, unless you're confident that you won't be happy with the image quality in the end.

Back