Dell Outlet - 3007WFP-HC for $749

How does the 3007-HC compare to the Gateway and HP 30 inchers? This is a pretty good deal and I'd like to get one for my other PC eventually. Duals would be funkin' sweet.

Are the coupons you buy on EBay useable instantly or do I have to wait a week or two for them to arrive in the mail?

Are the coupons you buy on EBay useable instantly or do I have to wait a week or two for them to arrive in the mail?

Check the item description but most are emailed to you after payment is received.

Check the item description but most are emailed to you after payment is received.

Ok, I found one but it says "Standard Flat Rate Shipping" and cost .99c

Wish it was through email. I have had bad experience with mail around here, not to mention Standard Shipping usually takes a decade to my house. :) lol

Wish it was through email. I have had bad experience with mail around here, not to mention Standard Shipping usually takes a decade to my house. :) lol

I think theres some strange stipulation that you must ship an item which is why you have to pay that, but its instant delivery (or should be anyway).

Yeah, don't pay any attention to that on auctions like this - email him to be sure but it's almost certain he will email it to you after payment is made.

Well, so much for Paypal and EBay. It says I will be over my account limit and I need to be verified. I am verified so I don't know what is going on. Am I suppoose to move money to my Paypal account before I can use it? I thought I could just pay with my Visa Debit card.

Well, so much for Paypal and EBay. It says I will be over my account limit and I need to be verified. I am verified so I don't know what is going on. Am I suppoose to move money to my Paypal account before I can use it? I thought I could just pay with my Visa Debit card.

You need to provide account verification for your bank. Basically they want your bank routing number and or account number. They'll charge a dollar debit to your account or something and verify that it is active.

You need to provide account verification for your bank. Basically they want your bank routing number and or account number. They'll charge a dollar debit to your account or something and verify that it is active.

How safe is that? I've heard quite a few Paypal horror stories.

My account says "Verified" and that Ihave an account linked to Paypal. Is there something else I need to do?

How safe is that? I've heard quite a few Paypal horror stories.

My account says "Verified". Is there soemthing else I need to do?

Shouldn't be. Unless they've added a monthly account limit for purchases so that you'll have to pay for their Premium service. Which wouldn't surprise me.

Shouldn't be. Unless they've added a monthly account limit for purchases so that you'll have to pay for their Premium service. Which wouldn't surprise me.

Yeah, it's strange. I haven't purchased anything with Paypal in a while. It tells me to get Verified, I open my account and it says I'm verified. lol

This is pretty damn sweet, I can't quite justify it atm though. But just for kicks, how well do these monitors scale down using video card scaling? I'd like to know because while i don't consider this too expensive for a monitor I don't think I'd want to keep up with the video card purchasing required to run at native res all the time.

Is there a preferred "System Idetifier" to stick with, or does it not matter? I noticed some start with an E, others with an O, etc..

This is pretty damn sweet, I can't quite justify it atm though. But just for kicks, how well do these monitors scale down using video card scaling? I'd like to know because while i don't consider this too expensive for a monitor I don't think I'd want to keep up with the video card purchasing required to run at native res all the time.

You really don't want to scale with them too much. I can deal with 1920x1200 or even 1920x1080. Anything lower looks like absolute shit on these things.

Won't these scale a single link DVI to 1280x800 and be damn-near perfect?

As for the coupons on Ebay - they are instantly delivered (at least mine was) via Email after I paid via Paypal.

Can someone tell me how i can apply the .icm file that was attached to a post in this thread? I've got a GTX260. Thanks, never really worked with color management before. Also, what is the best driver for this monitor?

As for the coupons on Ebay - they are instantly delivered (at least mine was) via Email after I paid via Paypal.

Eh 1280 x 800 doesn't look perfect at all heh..

Honestly, scaled from the video-card, anything 16:10 looks fine.

But Crysis looked TERRIBLE at 1280 x 800...

I bit on one, it will cost me $370 since I'll be returning my current monitor and get a full refund of $320.

I was emailed mine.

Hmm...wonder if they will give me a price match. Paid $831 shipped about 3 weeks ago for it.

You really don't want to scale with them too much. I can deal with 1920x1200 or even 1920x1080. Anything lower looks like absolute shit on these things.

Thanks, that's not too bad really. 1920x1200 is a LOT fewer pixels, almost half, as far as graphics card needs. I take it it just gets too pixelated below that, even for games?

Another thing - does this have similar anti-glare to other Dell monitors? I found the anti-glare on a 2407wfp to be way too strong, made everything look sparkly and dusty.

You can set them to 1280x800 manually or you can use a single link DVI cable to accompish this. The monitor then combines 4 pixels into 1 pixel. Trust me it looks far from perfect. It is very blocky and looks worse than other resolutions do scaled. You'd need an assload of AA just to stand it.

Thanks, that's not too bad really. 1920x1200 is a LOT fewer pixels, almost half, as far as graphics card needs. I take it it just gets too pixelated below that, even for games?

Another thing - does this have similar anti-glare to other Dell monitors? I found the anti-glare on a 2407wfp to be way too strong, made everything look sparkly and dusty.

Well I wouldn't say it looks too pixelated but it does give the image a hazy feel to it. So when you are looking at it everything just looks "off." Some games you'll find this to be worse than others. For Crysis it wasn't too bad but for Command & Conquer 3 or any RTS for that matter you wouldn't like it too much.

I've never had a problem with the anti-glare coating.

Mine arrived yesterday and I still have no tracking information showing in my Dell account. :D Unfortunately I did not have too much time to play with it but it does look beautiful. On a side note, this was the first refurbished item that was not in pristine condition for me. The packaging was great but the screen had obviously been wiped with some sort of cleaner.

This is my second 3007WFP purchase; and I've got a 2007FP vertical next to it. Awesome!

$696 out the door. Fucking AWESOME.

Been waiting a long time for a great price on a 30". I just pulled the trigger on this.

$668.49 shipped.

Thanks for the heads up!

As far as scaling goes, i really dont suggest buying a monitor bigger than what you plan to run at native resolution. The main reason to buy a 30" monitor is the extra resolution, thats also one of the main reasons for the jump in price. If you only plan to run 1920x1200 or 1080p, just buy a 24" monitor or 30" hd tv.

Balthan, how did you make out for 668 shipped?

WOOOOOOOOOT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just ordered mine. now if only Foxconn would ship the bloodrage.....

Anyone in Utah have a place for me to stay? I am sure that the wife will be a little upset when she sees a $670 charge on my account :)

Argh. I've been needing a second 30"... There are no deal sites that list dell coupons?

It is very tempting to buy one.

But then it'd be tempting to buy two.
And then it'd be tempting to buy a newer, more powerful video card.
And why not just get a new system? It's been a good year since you've done anything significant to your current build. Why not just go all out?

I hate computers.

can the coupon be used for 2 monitors?

Yes, I used one coupon and bought two and get savings on both. (One for test bench, one for Mom for Christmas. :) )

Price before Texas tax:
1 DN829 Base,Display,Monitor,3007WFPHCDAO $636.63

I orginally had an estimated ship date of 12/23, but the order status page is now showing that it has already shipped.

Nice.

Back