Dell coupon good on some videocards

I fell for it back in 2000 with the original Radeon 64MB DDR vivo at $200 when msrp was $250. Had to wait 3 months.
I haven't ordered a video card from them since.

Same here but with the Radeon 8500. I've heard it has gotten worse since then. :(

Mine shipped according to dell.com but my paypal still states pending.

Well thats sounds OK to me. As long as you get the card, they'll get their money. I hope ill be in the same situation. I spoke with Dell and paypal, and both said there is no problem. Paypal said that the merchant didnt claim the money yet. Dell support said that he doesnt see any problem on their side....

@ wadec22 and dook43... What time did you guys order and what cards did you get?

@ wadec22 and dook43... What time did you guys order and what cards did you get?

i submitted my order around 9:20 last night (although cart and coupon were in my cart for prob close to 20 min b4 i ordered). i nabbed a gtx 480.

Just tried the coupon on the Alienware 23" 120hz and 3D Vision kit combo, no go :(

I should shank my GF right about now lol. I purchased our plane tickets for an upcoming vacation prior to this post going up. Now I can't get this amazing deal. Fuck!

The kiss of death...

Order Delayed
We wanted to let you know that there is a delay with one or more items in your order.

Based on the latest available information, we have adjusted the estimated delivery date
and are confident your order will be delivered on or before this new date.
(see Revised Estimated Delivery Date below)

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience.

6/28/10

:(

The kiss of death...

:(

+1.

Bastards.

Reps said they are fully out of stock and that it will ship directly from EVGA or something. Will wait till 28th than prolly cancel, this price is too good to pass up.

Last edited:
In my prior experience, Dell usually will wait a few weeks then send another email saying.. sorry we couldn't fill your order. If you don't call today, we will cancel it and refund you, otherwise it will ship at some distant date. Both times I've gotten to that point I've immediately called and told them I want to wait and then the item is magically shipped the next day. I think they are just expecting most people to back out at that point.

People on SD saying that delayed orders are being shipped for some now.

In my prior experience, Dell usually will wait a few weeks then send another email saying.. sorry we couldn't fill your order. If you don't call today, we will cancel it and refund you, otherwise it will ship at some distant date. Both times I've gotten to that point I've immediately called and told them I want to wait and then the item is magically shipped the next day. I think they are just expecting most people to back out at that point.

I've heard the same thing, only sometimes they don't ship regardless of how you answer.

I got an amazing deal on a TV and HTiB from Dell that didn't pan out for 6 weeks or so. It was so worth the wait though...unheard of deal.

50" Samsung Plasma 1080P and Samsung 5.1 HTiB for ~$750 shipped after Discover cashback. That includes tax too.

Don't get me wrong though. They're the worst, but it's like ebay, it's sometimes worth the gamble.

Mine was delayed this morning but shipped from PA and will be delivered tomorrow.

Damn this is just crap. I ordered before many who claim theirs have shipped and mine is still delayed... I hope it goes out tomorrow or at least next week.

What happened with me is I go to add the evga 470 to the cart. I remove it for a minute to see if the coupon applies to the PNY one. I then go to add the 470 to the cart again and the page does not exist. It was removed right as I was in the process of buying it.

With any luck, I can get these prices by the fall now. Ever since the 5900, I have always bought the second best nvidia card available a few months after each release. I hope I don't break the tradition. I've had this 260 (192) for 1.5 years now. I paid 400 for it, so 300 seems like a steal for this generation.

WOW , thats a surprise. Mine was delayed for 26th... But i went to check the status , after seeing so many delayed and shipped cards and wooot! Its shipped!

: ADDISON, IL, US 06/10/2010 8:51 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN

Actually this may work? I had once lied by DELL with i think 8800GT i think back in the days so i was kind a sceptically looking, but now i am kind a relieved. Good thing i paid for my 2nd WB and SLI fittings earlier today , so by the time this card arrive ill be ready to put in some watter.

Ever since the 5900, I have always bought the second best nvidia card available a few months after each release. I hope I don't break the tradition. I've had this 260 (192) for 1.5 years now. I paid 400 for it, so 300 seems like a steal for this generation.

I did the same until getting a steal on two 28ls in late 2008. Before that, my old 8800 GTS 640mb was an even $400 too, months after it launched.

My first of two 480s ordered shipped from Cerritos, CA this morning. I'm a bit bummed that overclocking two of them plus an i7 is mostly a no-go on a HX1000 though. With the 6.5k BTU ac on, I'd also blow the circuit...

I am happy that Dell actually this time didn't scam us, and sent the cards in kind a short time.

Min still hasn't shipped so you never know if some people will end up getting shafted or not.

[AK]Zip;1035824005 said:
Min still hasn't shipped so you never know if some people will end up getting shafted or not.

+1 >....>

Got off the phone with the rep and he told me that the cards are out of stock and that is why there is a delay (captain obvious), also asked me if I wanted to cancel the order.... ugh.

Still hoping it will ship.

Last edited:
Dell hates me :eek: Third time they are putting me into delay limbo.

Talked to Dell rep who told me that EVGA is not sending them anymore cards and that he could transfer me to their sales team to see if there was a similar product. Once transfered to the sales team they told me that my card would be shipped by the 28th and then I told him what the previous rep had said and then he confirmed that EVGA is not sending them anymore cards. Those who haven't had their cards shipped yet and are counting on a 6/28 delivery date, I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed. Congrats to all of those who got their cards and hopefully we'll see another deal like this soon.

Talked to Dell rep who told me that EVGA is not sending them anymore cards and that he could transfer me to their sales team to see if there was a similar product. Once transfered to the sales team they told me that my card would be shipped by the 28th and then I told him what the previous rep had said and then he confirmed that EVGA is not sending them anymore cards. Those who haven't had their cards shipped yet and are counting on a 6/28 delivery date, I'm afraid you're going to be very disappointed. Congrats to all of those who got their cards and hopefully we'll see another deal like this soon.

That blows. Did you get anywhere with a similar product gimmick?

Oh well. Dells 3 for 3 now on screwing me on deals. I should learn my lesson already.. never buy from Dell.

That blows. Did you get anywhere with a similar product gimmick?

Oh well. Dells 3 for 3 now on screwing me on deals. I should learn my lesson already.. never buy from Dell.

The coupon said that is is not for video cards. So you're pissed that you couldn't screw them on a mistake they made?

The coupon said that is is not for video cards. So you're pissed that you couldn't screw them on a mistake they made?

Have no idea what you are talking about... coupon worked on a bunch of cards and a bunch of cards got sent out. Dell is known for doing this :)

Yes, screw Dell for not fulfilling their orders.

Last edited:
Back