Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

I dont see how it could be wrong, i ordered mine around the same time and it shipped just like normal.

My observation is that it is essentially the opposite of the WFP lotto. Overwhelmingly PVA with the occasional batch of S-IPS.

yeah, that's pretty much what i thought, and i didnt even think the FP had any IPS versions anymore.

O.M.G.

I just got my monitor in, its amazing.

Pretty sure its S-IPS too, menu says "V1B22 / HN210", serial ends in LL, and its Rev A05.

From Mexico, was originally ordered 8/23 irrc.

What are some good pixel checker programs?

ok i have a question, i just hooked up my monitor, but at the moment i dont have a computer or source to hook it up to, does that mean i cant get into the service menu? Because i've been trying the trick and it isnt working!

O.M.G.

I just got my monitor in, its amazing.

Pretty sure its S-IPS too, menu says "V1B22 / HN210", serial ends in LL, and its Rev A05.

From Mexico, was originally ordered 8/23 irrc.

What are some good pixel checker programs?

Dead Pixel Buddy.

Dead Pixel Buddy.

Thanks, used it and I have 3 dead pixels, they are all spread apart though and not really noticable except on the red screen.

Not complaining though, this screen is soooo great for gaming, I was blown away by how great HL2 / TF2 looked @ 1600x1200 :drool:

What brightness are you guys using? I put mine to 40%.

Just received my 2007wfp from Dell.ca that was ordered Sep. 11. The serial number ends in an L and it's an A04 made in Mexico so I think I got lucky, I'll post the panel type once I open it up and test it out.

Edit: Service menu says that it is an RT803, so I guess that means S-IPS.

still wondering if people have been able to get to the service menu without an input, as i still havent been able to.

also, i reading the original post in the thread, and the histroy of the issue previous. Considering that Dell always ends up switching to PVA, and they get whatever is "cheaper" each month on top of it, i wonder why there has been so much IPS panels, since everyone says the are the superior pricier ones to PVA.....

still wondering if people have been able to get to the service menu without an input, as i still havent been able to.

I tried without an input cable and it wouldn't do anything, I had to plug in the DVI for the service menu to work.

I tried without an input cable and it wouldn't do anything, I had to plug in the DVI for the service menu to work.

ok well at least i know it isnt busted then. I assume that the DVI was subsequently plugged into something else :D

Received a 2007wfp in the UK, S-IPS panel but had various dead pixels. Dell replaced it with another new one two weeks later, S-IPS again and perfect screen. I recently returned a 226bw and I'm so glad I made the change. The difference is amazing, especially internet and office work. It works a treat with PS3 too, through HDMI->DVI and 'aspect' mode.

I totally recommend getting this panel before it runs out.

Ok well i finally got a device to plug it into and it is an RT, so it's an IPS!!

not sure what the 'VB' serial number on the left is though.....

anyway, anyone else notice an odd shimmer in the screen? especially if you sway your head side to side with a white backround? is that natural? i "think" i remember hearing something about the IPS's having some sort of shimmer, i think behardware may have mentioned something about that.

lastly, does anyone know where i can get a suitable profile file for this monitor? i know it was posted somewhere....what is it like, an executable .ICM file that i just run or something?

I bought this monitor from Dell one year ago and now it has white spots in the right hand corners
the monitor is Dell 2005FPW wide screen tried to get a hold of Dell the other day was on phone waiting for a good half hour pics below

Second one is a picture of picture just to show spots closer

had ordered my lcd on 20th August & received it on 21st September finally had paid 23000 INR (575 USD) i know too costly but India is always very costly :(

i got a S-IPS Panel with no dead pixels at the first try :D

Panel Code: RT803
Made in China
Serial Number ends with a L

IMG_4175.jpg

:D :D :D

I bought this monitor from Dell one year ago and now it has white spots in the right hand corners
the monitor is Dell 2005FPW wide screen tried to get a hold of Dell the other day was on phone waiting for a good half hour pics below

Second one is a picture of picture just to show spots closer

Do they change color and are just extra bright or are they stuck white?

Thanks for all the help called Dell today will have new one tomorrow or next day thanks again

Well new monitor came no problem but now i am switching back to one instead of Dual picture below tells all

New monitor on right old on left can you tell the difference one nice and bright other dull and dingy not to good for dual set up guess i will give the wife the one on the left LOL

Wow thats a huge difference. Same brightness and all on both?

I think he needs to adjust white point. Perhaps download the windows color applet to have two different profiles on the two screens. The color temperature is way off on one of the screens.

I know it is a mager difference so I am just going to wait a bit and pick up a 24 inch Lcd when prices come down a bit just got to get use to one monitor after a year of having dual setup

All settings are exactly the same and still big difference so like i said for now the wife can have the one that looks dull or i will give it a week and call dell again as there is warrenty left on it to

I just took delivery of a 2007wfp in England. The panel code is RT803, it's a revision A04 and it was made in the Czech Republic. Serial number starts with CZ and ends with L.

I am quite pleased with the display, the colours are quite a lot more vivid and saturated than my old Viewsonic VE710s, and the whites are much cleaner.

I don't have any dead pixels, but the screen does look a bit darker and a bit pink or red on the right hand side, which is noticeable when the screen is white:

IMG_1210.jpg

It appears to be caused by the backlight. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? I will probably ring Dell tomorrow to see what their customer service has to say about it.

Is there any way to know what panel is has without putting it on? I can buy one from eBay. The seller says it states cz-omy546-70522-740-omal on the backside. PVA or IPS?

And besides that? Does the 2007FP has inputlag? I spend the last three night searching, but ended up with nothing. And if so, does the PVA taste has the same lag as the IPS taste? Because most PVA displays have inputlag.

Is there any way to know what panel is has without putting it on? I can buy one from eBay. The seller says it states cz-omy546-70522-740-omal on the backside. PVA or IPS?

And besides that? Does the 2007FP has inputlag? I spend the last three night searching, but ended up with nothing. And if so, does the PVA taste has the same lag as the IPS taste? Because most PVA displays have inputlag.

The panel, and I think the box will have a serial number on it, not sure if its the same length as you posted above but ending in "L" then it is probably S-IPS, but you can't really tell until you turn it on and look at it / the service menu.

I suppose a question I still have is do the newer monitors have the flickering that happens on grays? It was HORRIBLE on my A00...

There was a website that had a good background to test it on, but this should do okay.

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/

Scroll down to the big gray square, I'll try to find a better image if possible.

2a little
4a quite a bit

Rest don't do anything.

Actually, I realized that it does it depending on where the pixels are, if I scroll up/down it will stop/start.

Back