Dell Censors Panel lottery info. Share info here.

Ok, received my LCD Panel and here is the breakdown of the info:

Model # 2007WFPb
Mfg. Date: Dec. 2006 90-112
Rev A03
Made in Mexico

Service Menu: V1B18 RT803

I ran some tests and loaded up some jpegs. Brilliant colors, bright screen, no washing of colors, colors keep same shade and brightness from all angles. I have no doubt that this monitor is a S-IPS!

Order date: 01/13/2007

Cons: I have a dead pixel that is evident in Black & White, Blue & Yellow and Green & Magneta screen colors when running a Dead Pixel Check. I have requested an exchange for a thoroughly tested, no dead pixels, S-IPS LCD panel. Especially after reading numerous posts that other customers have received a virtually flawless Dell 2007WFP. If they will not exchange for what I am requesting, I will return it for credit and Dell will be out one more sale! Any thoughts?! :confused:

considering many people that have exchanged and not gotten the right panel and have had to do it multiple times plus the fact that they cannot (or will not) garuntee it in the first place, i dont think you're going to have any more luck in getting a garuntee on the exchange.

Just got a new 2407wfp
Made in Mexico
Rev 03
Service Menu: V1B20 HN213
Anyone know what type of panel this is for this code?

i beleive this thread is just for the 2007WFP, i dont think the 2407 has this issue (although i dont know if it has the S-IPS or not i beleive you get what you get with that one).

No lottery with 2407. All of them are S-PVA.

which is odd since you never hear anyone complaining about its quality. Yeah i mean just the principle of getting the worser one possibly on the 2007 is a sham after it started with S-IPS, but i wonder how bad getting stiffed with that S-PVA is if the other monitors use it.

hmmmm almost makes the S-IPS inclusion to look like a mistake (especially since i had always thought the 2407 had better specs and performed a little better than the 2007, but i wanted a smaller monitor for less money anyway).

2007FP ordered 1/16 directly from Dell.
Recieved on 1/18.

Revision A03, made in Mexico, January 2007.

Shipped from Nashville, TN.

Panel code HN210, came with one dead pixel.

The dead pixel is of no inconvenience to me whatsoever, because I like to use a rather dark windows user interface, and I also browse web sites with a black background for the most part as well.

Practically no backlight bleed from any of the corners. I consider this one a definite keeper :)

I am posting here, because I followed the progress of this thread for the last 3 weeks, and the information I have gathered from it, was invaluable, in helping me make the decision to go ahead and take the plunge into the "lottery" per se. I am glad I did :) For those of you still considering taking the same chance.. I would do it.

As stated above, this monitor was made this month, and its an S-IPS. As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it seems Dell has got their act together somewhat recently, and have started making more of the IPS type panels, or have made the move to make them exclusively from here on out.

I would like to thank everyone for their contribution to this thread, and I wanted to chime in with my experience as well. Good luck to all of you. :)

Voon

i thought RT was IPS and RM was S-PVA, what's with this new serial number?

I too have been wondering if perhaps the S-PVA thing was just one order that they're not almost out of and are learning their lesson from the complaints (even though they are being tight lipped about it, you'd think they'd speak up to reassure people now), or maybe this is just one of those phases, but i'd like to know if it's now totally bakc on S-IPS now.

and yeah is there new serial numbers now other than the RT and RM ones?

The RT803 and PM330 panel codes are for the 2007WFP, the wide flat panel model of the 20 inch.

The code I stated, is the IPS version of the regular 2007, which has 2 different code numbers, as stated on the first page of this thread, the one I have, which is HN210, and the PVA version, the UW473.

Voon

ohhh, i wasn't paying attention (that and i've sort of just been calling it the 2007 since i thought this issue only effected the wide versions).

2007fp IPS have almost always been much rarer than IPS 2007wfp and there has never been any real correlation between what is in the FP and the WFP.

Very few people report on the FP as well. So getting a handle on what is inside the FP right now is quite hard to figure out.

2007fp IPS have almost always been much rarer than IPS 2007wfp and there has never been any real correlation between what is in the FP and the WFP.

Very few people report on the FP as well. So getting a handle on what is inside the FP right now is quite hard to figure out.

Unfortunatly for me, since it's the FP I'm interested in...:(

Hi,

I got the 2007WFP 2 days ago and had arranged for an exchange, because the box had a hole in the bottom edge near where the panel is at (courtesy of UPS). Also, it had no Dell seal on it just ordinary clear packaging tape, though no sign of tampering.

This monitor was shipped from Ohio. It's made in Mexico Rev. A03. Thats all the info I can share. Any chance this might be an S-IPS? I'm still waiting for the replacement, hope it's not the dreaded S-PVA.

from some quick browsing of the thread and pure memory i think the rt ones made in mexico have been ips panels.

I see many cases of dead pixel.
Dell change this cases ?

Does any one got a good one ? because, looks very rare.

Hi, mine is an S-IPS A03 made in CZ december version. But im not happy with that: i have the large-gray-or-white-area-flickering problem :mad: Anyone else?

Any white page, like the post message space in the forum flinck, or only full screen white pages ?
Do you try to calibrate colors or profile.

from some quick browsing of the thread and pure memory i think the rt ones made in mexico have been ips panels.

I had 2 monitors from Mexico that were both S-PVA. It never seemed to matter where they were made (at least not in North America). I returned them both. Dell finally apporoved the credit after 4 weeks. That was a week ago and still no credit on account. The saga continues :(

unless they've just switched over the S-IPS for good now i dont know where they dont make it, since Mexico and Czech A03 seems to be S-IPS now,.

It seems pretty safe to be able to get an s-ips now, if bought new. I'm half tempted to buy from their outlet and pray for an A03 but it might not be worth the wait...

Dell finally apporoved the credit after 4 weeks. That was a week ago and still no credit on account. The saga continues :(

I called and pestered them last week and finally got my credit yesterday. They told me 7-14 days, so you may have yours soon.

Just as some background info, I own a Sceptre x22wg-Gamer that I bought from costco and is still returnable. I needed something in the 300-400$ price range and thought 22" was the way to go, even though it is CMO TN.

My boss just ordered me a new monitor, a Dell 2007wfp... and wouldn't you know, he managed to get me the good stuff!

I brought up the info panel and it says:

LM201W01

S-IPS! Woot! And just to make sure, I glanced at it from the side on the "blank" screensaver and there is the definitive purple cast to the black.

So anyway, here is my predicament. I work for a small company, and my boss says that if I wanted to buy the monitor off them at value, he would simply order me another 2007wfp for my workstation and I could take home the S-IPS one.

Basically I want to know, is the difference THAT big between mine and the Dell? I use my home PC for Gaming and Movies, although the gaming is probably the more important of the two. Anyone have any thoughts. Oh, and to put things in perspective, I use a Spyder2 to calibrate my colors, so factory color settings being good/bad does not apply to me. Colorvision to the rescue! Anyway, any help is much appreciated.

Basically I want to know, is the difference THAT big between mine and the Dell?
The Sceptre's a TN, right? Then the difference will be large. Just take a look at this forum right here. See the red and gray bands? On every TN and most P/M VA's they change. Whether it's dark to light, then dark again or just plain shimmery, they all fubar it up. Not so on the S-IPS. They stay the same tint all the way through...from left to right.

And for gaming in BF2142, I find the Dell's colors to be more natural than the past few MVA's I've owned. And of course the color clarity brings the whole damn show to life in Oblivion. :D

well when you get what you're supposed to get (although since other top monitors seem to use S-PVA i'm not sure how much of a true jip it is to get that version) it is indeed the top reviewed monitor in its catergory (except maybe the NEC, which is like, the one other S-IPS).

Although the last time i implied just "maybe" i may not truly trust a sceptre "gamer" monitor since i havent seen one in person and hadn't heard much of it the guy got really angry at my implication.

I had the Sceptre X20G C Gamer (not 100% sure of model) from Costco for $240. At first the glossy had me going, but once I saw the amount of color shifting...:(

Any white page, like the post message space in the forum flinck, or only full screen white pages ?
Do you try to calibrate colors or profile.

The whole display has the flickering, but the easiest to detect by large grays and whites, for xample Photoshop background, or most of white websites. My eyess go tired after a half hour of watching the 2007wfp. :eek:

Yes i tried both profiling and calibration, and adjusting the brightness/colors. No solution 8(

The whole display has the flickering, but the easiest to detect by large grays and whites, for xample Photoshop background, or most of white websites. My eyess go tired after a half hour of watching the 2007wfp. :eek:

Yes i tried both profiling and calibration, and adjusting the brightness/colors. No solution 8(

That sux.
30min in any kind of aplication ? Even in games ?
And change that profiles ? notting ?

The left third of my monitor appears to flicker...kinda weird. That supposed to happen?

Yes, it does. The more important problem is, that the homogene grays do too. It's not so aggressive,as the left 1/3 of this pattern, but it's annoying. :( Can you sense similar things please? (My secondary oldie Samsung has no flicker at grays and at the pattern).

Would 2007wfp owners test this pattern, if their display flicker?

http://img224.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flickering4uj.gif

I took it from website, that was on another thread and made it bigger image, just to see if flickering covers whole screen. (mine not, its only on 1/3 from the left)

I did more testing - changed cables, changed dvi-port on gfx-card etc... Flickering appears everytime.
But; it is visible only when monitor has been turned on after half an hour. If I test flickering first in morning (e.g. monitor has been cold over night) there is no flickering.

Good to hear that others have same problem/feature too.

Funny thing is, none of these test programs dont have similar patterns.

http://www.dellcommunity.com/supportforums/board/message?board.id=dim_monitor&message.id=64769#M64769

I just ordered new 2007WFP recently and now waiting for the package. I will have to wait for 2 weeks !?, because they lack some part in the factory. I ordered in Denmark, and was told that the factory is in Ireland.

Does anyone know what kind of panels do they use in Ireland ? IPS or PVA ?

they have to wait for a part eh? let's just hope the part they're waiting for isn't more PVA panels because they ran out of IPS for this month that everyone had been getting (i was frankly hoping they've just switched back for good now).

but yeah keep it coming, i still have a couple weeks before i can order it so i want to know the IPS trend continues.

My office is ordering another one. Should be in by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. What's weird is, the panel type on the first one I use at my workstation wasn't obscurred. Does that imply we somehow got a non-A03 version, or are they actually getting their @%^* together and not trying to "pull the wool" over our eyes any longer? Is there a way to check the revision number?

how long ago did you get the current one? i think though the only way you can check the revision is by looking on the box it was shipped in. otherwise people do use the masked serial numbers and/or whether it has banding. and if it doesnt have banding but the panels are listed it is likely A02.

My office is ordering another one. Should be in by the end of the week. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. What's weird is, the panel type on the first one I use at my workstation wasn't obscurred. Does that imply we somehow got a non-A03 version, or are they actually getting their @%^* together and not trying to "pull the wool" over our eyes any longer? Is there a way to check the revision number?

It should be on a sticker on the back A00 - A03 so far. I had an A00 that had banding and I returned it. A01 didn't do much, A02 fixed the banding, A03 didn't do much but obscure the panel type.

Back