Dell added a Gaming Department??

machwireless

[H]ard|Gawd
just went to Dell's website and they have a gaming department.

wonder how this is gonna go......

F' that. For the time being, until Dell starts shipping with AMD64s, they'll never have a Gaming centre imo.

Pixeleet said:
F' that. For the time being, until Dell starts shipping with AMD64s, they'll never have a Gaming centre imo.
'Nuff said. :)

Edit: and worst of all: "No sissies allowed". So I guess everyone with an AMD system is a sissie according to Dell... :p

1c3d0g said:
'Nuff said. :)

Edit: and worst of all: "No sissies allowed". So I guess everyone with an AMD system is a sissie according to Dell... :p
wanna bet they get sued by the Gay/Lesbian Society for that one.

machwireless said:
slightly? if thats slight i would hate to see the inflation rate in action.

I realize that, but if I stated my true thoughts I might have gotten banned or something for flaming

And then they will want to have any signs of gender whatsoever taken from all the machines, so e-penis benchmarks will be next on the hitlist. :D

machwireless said:
wanna bet they get sued by the Gay/Lesbian Society for that one.

No Sissies???? what the f__k??? Their baseline "gaming" box is UBER weak. Sissies..... come back and talk to me when you have an AMD FX or X2 to offer. Sissies......... my mother has a comp with more juice than that and shes 80...... BAH! Game this. :rolleyes:

magoo said:
No Sissies???? what the f__k??? Their baseline "gaming" box is UBER weak. Sissies..... come back and talk to me when you have an AMD FX or X2 to offer. Sissies......... my mother has a comp with more juice than that and shes 80...... BAH! Game this. :rolleyes:
CTFU

magoo said:
ha ha, their Gaming line uber sucks. I mean they do make good office and home PCs but for the Gaming line, ha ha ha lol, they need to stay out that market. and they really need to get rid of the guy that comes up with those lines they put up for XPS cause it sound really cheesy. The XPS IMO is just another Expensive Alienware with a different case over it.

dell said:
We take your gaming experience as seriously as you do. XPS shows just how serious we are.
omg, I laughed at this one for a few minutes. yeah, we are serious here men!! this is a serious operation!!! HOOOAAHH!? HOAH sir!

they should have entered it with their heads out of their collective asses. Sissies......WTF?? Who thought of that shit????

Hollow4 said:
does Dell even sell anything with AMD in it?

No, even though its been rumored many time before, that there is a deal going down between Dell and AMD, that will allow Dell to sell AMD processors. But then Dell always says, that will always stick to Intel, and what not. So I dont see AMD's going into Dell anytime soon.

well that makes a whole lot of not sense. stupid contracts and stupid loyalties. but the way we should all be looking at this is that almost everyone, myself included, gets a crappy system their first time because they fall to advertising. but what makes us different from others is we learn from our mistake and find something that actually preforms better. or if we cant afford it we dream about it.

Dell's been in the gaming market for some time. When they entered into it, they forced Alienware's prices to go down. I wouldn't be surprised if they're selling more gaming PCs than Alienware is.

Hollow4 said:
well that makes a whole lot of not sense. stupid contracts and stupid loyalties. but the way we should all be looking at this is that almost everyone, myself included, gets a crappy system their first time because they fall to advertising. but what makes us different from others is we learn from our mistake and find something that actually preforms better. or if we cant afford it we dream about it.
It's $$$, pure and simple. Dell buys so many processors that their leverage over Intel is huge. Anytime Dell even thinks about selling AMD, Intel drops their prices way below what they sell to other OEMs, and this makes it hard for others to compete.

If Dell's so stupid, why are they kicking the shit outta everyone else?

just face it. as crappy as Dell is, they have created an unstoppable brand that no one is competing with right now. my gateway stock sucks, emachines and hp aint touchin em.

dell is like microsoft right now. hard to beat.

give em probs where its due. i dont think they will profit much in the gaming commnuity though. they may actually create gamers becasue a system is available that will handle it that someone else spends the time to build. for about 1000 bucks more too

hey im nto bashing dell, i just bought a server from them because they were so cheap and i didnt feel like building it myself. i just hate that contracts and loyalties get in the way. i think dell is a great company and have taken care of my needs , except for gaming, all the way.

If Dell really wanted to they could build a machine at the cost of MSRP and still make a hell of a profit due to volumes. Every year Dell as been getting in terms of bang per buck (especially when you include a LEGAL copy of the OS). Right now I can't beat them in the low-end market and the middle market is getting tighter. The highend market they still suck. But if they really wanted to, they could make ZZF, Newegg, etc squeal like little pigs.

-tReP

Trepidati0n said:
Every year Dell as been getting in terms of bang per buck (especially when you include a LEGAL copy of the OS). Right now I can't beat them in the low-end market and the middle market is getting tighter.
HP looks like they are trying for a comeback: http://www.anandtech.com/news/shownews.aspx?i=24556

$250 desktop, or a $300 CTO Sempron 3000+ with monitor and printer. And they've had some other great deals lately. And one huge advantage over the Dell cheapie systems is that the Asus board in the HP Sempron/A64 systems has an AGP slot.

Pixeleet said:
For the time being, until Dell starts shipping with AMD64s, they'll never have a Gaming centre imo.

Just visited their Gaming Dept. The max. they have is Pentium EE Dual Core and D 840. Very limited choices. :( I thought AMD's are better for gaming (?)

For buisness and enterprise, Dell is not crappy. Not to mention they make good on anything buisness related at the drop of a hat. Home, that's another story....... Back to buisness, there is no other company that can provide the support, price, quantity, and ease that Dell can, sadly enough....

Dell should not dare venture into the gaming department as they have, the XPS notebooks are good though.

I dont care if Dell pwns every fucking computer in the world, I still aint no Sissie. I cringe at the idea of playing HL2 on my Sissie Dell XPS???? WTF. I do agree that if Dell wanted to they probably could crush the competition just on price breaks alone. Sissies! :cool:

you can all sit here and bitch about dell but i bet u they sell more of those gaming systems then any of us will ever see there will be more gaming dells than there are custom pc like everyone here has built if ya dont like dell dont visit there website dont buy there stuff now shut up this is retarded u allk hate dell stop talking about them

dell is doing a good thing. they are providing a product to people that probably know nothing about the gaming arena. it will introduce more people to gaming and bring about computer awareness

but that will only last about three years until all of them switch to custom AMD systems.

Why are people so anti Dell. Dell is by far the best mass OEM maker on the market. Solid machines, and good prices for what you get. Just B/C its a pentium 4 does not mean it can not game. They are offering these machines for ppl who want to play games but do not have the expertieses to build it them. My next desktop machine just may be a Dell. They are quiet, and the service and support is great. It may nolt get uber FPS's, or run uber 1600-1200 res, but gaming is about fun. If you all care about in graphics, then I really feel sorry you.

magoo said:
I dont care if Dell pwns every fucking computer in the world, I still aint no Sissie. I cringe at the idea of playing HL2 on my Sissie Dell XPS???? WTF. I do agree that if Dell wanted to they probably could crush the competition just on price breaks alone. Sissies! :cool:
I play HL2 on my Dell 9300 at max details 1600x1050 2AA and 4AF. Looks great plays great, not at max res, but it gets the job done. Why don't you get your head out your ass and not care about your e-penis and judging by your sig, I don't think it will ever happen. Some ppl can not afford/nor has the means to build custom machines.

Vengance_01 said:
I play HL2 on my Dell 9300 at max details 1600x1050 2AA and 4AF. Looks great plays great, not at max res, but it gets the job done. Why don't you get your head out your ass and not care about your e-penis and judging by your sig, I don't think it will ever happen. Some ppl can not afford/nor has the means to build custom machines.

Actually you can build one FAR cheaper than buying Dell with just a budget A64. That said, i have nothing against Dell. It's just that they can't compete with A64 S939, and in most cases S754 budget chips. Dell does do a good thing and they have nice PC's but they need to think ."AMD". Diversification and not be 'afraid' of being penalised by Intel execs for thinking of using AMD.

Vengance_01 said:
Why are people so anti Dell. Dell is by far the best mass OEM maker on the market. Solid machines, and good prices for what you get.
Why are we anti-dell? Their support is, at best, sub-par, they overcharge for this same horrible service, and this is an enthusiast website... Dell is not an Enthusiast company.

Vengance_01 said:
Just B/C its a pentium 4 does not mean it can not game. They are offering these machines for ppl who want to play games but do not have the expertieses to build it them. My next desktop machine just may be a Dell. They are quiet, and the service and support is great. It may nolt get uber FPS's, or run uber 1600-1200 res, but gaming is about fun. If you all care about in graphics, then I really feel sorry you.

Dell's aren't quiet, nor is the service and support anything of value. But I would rather pay the same amount of money for a system that performs faster in everything rather than one that [over]chargers for something it clearly does not have, which is both speed and technical support.

I agree, but ppl are making so Dell= no gaming at all. P4 is a very capable machine. Also Have to remember, With Dell you can finance it, Custom you need all the money up-front. Big advatage. This comming from a guy who build AMD's machines snice the tunderbird sub gigahurt, and I am now using a Dell Laptop.

Vengance_01 said:
I agree, but ppl are making so Dell= no gaming at all. P4 is a very capable machine. Also Have to remember, With Dell you can finance it, Custom you need all the money up-front. Big advatage. This comming from a guy who build AMD's machines snice the tunderbird sub gigahurt, and I am now using a Dell Laptop.
u can finance custom. put it on ya credit card.

Vengance_01 said:

I understand what you mean. It wasn't that long ago when Intel P4C's were tops over AXP, but as soon as A64 was out it was over. But the P4 is still a very "smooth" processor. It multitasks very well, has few issues. It's just that AMD are now actually better for both tasking and gaming - most especially gaming as the gap is widening by a good margin in that area.

Back