Dell 3008WFP $860 Refurb, 2 Yr Dell Warranty

NKD

[H]F Junkie
Ok here is the deal I had someone buy one for me since I don't have paypal, so I thought man I missed out because it was sold out. But this seller has them every hour it seems, I saw around 5 get sold before my friend had a chance to buy one for me. Look at his previous sales, all you see 3008wfp. 2 yr factory warranty makes it a pretty decent deal. I do not know if he will raise price, but check it out. You really have to keep an eye out for it though, he only has one listing at a time.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250623782766&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I bought one a few days ago, it takes about 5 days to ship or thats what the guy told me.

I hope, lol. His ratings seem to be pretty good. Considering thats all he sells.

I got one from this guy for $800 a few months ago. It takes a few days to ship but when it shipped he shipped overnight air!. I cant even tell that my 3008 is a refurb. It doesnt say it anywhere on the box or the monitor & I have 2 years of warranty. Awesome deal IMHO.

today at 8am one was available so I bought it with Bing cashback. Thanks OP.

I've purchased two of my three 3008wfp's from this guy. He's a little slow to ship and hardly ever replies to any emails so don't expect to get a tracking # in a timely manner. However, when he does ship, it comes by overnight or 2-day service. The monitors have both been brand new in Dell retail packaging with static cling wrap covering all the surfaces. They've also been shipped directly from Dell.

The ONLY thing you should keep in mind is that the warranty status on these monitors are generally in limbo. I could not register the warranties on either of my monitors. I didn't care so much on the first one - but figured I better do it on the second one just to be safe. I've been working with a Dell rep for about three weeks now to get it corrected in their systems. Neither one of them show up on my account as of now - the first one it's too late to do anything about but the second one is pending.

Condition and performance wise, these monitors are brand new and work perfectly. Great deal.

I've purchased two of my three 3008wfp's from this guy. He's a little slow to ship and hardly ever replies to any emails so don't expect to get a tracking # in a timely manner. However, when he does ship, it comes by overnight or 2-day service. The monitors have both been brand new in Dell retail packaging with static cling wrap covering all the surfaces. They've also been shipped directly from Dell.

The ONLY thing you should keep in mind is that the warranty status on these monitors are generally in limbo. I could not register the warranties on either of my monitors. I didn't care so much on the first one - but figured I better do it on the second one just to be safe. I've been working with a Dell rep for about three weeks now to get it corrected in their systems. Neither one of them show up on my account as of now - the first one it's too late to do anything about but the second one is pending.

Condition and performance wise, these monitors are brand new and work perfectly. Great deal.

The warranty on mine was in limbo when I got it but I then contacted the seller & he contacted Dell & within a week my warranty was valid.

My buddy just bought two of these for a little over $1,000 from Dell. I wonder if he can return them...

ya, warranty is an issue for stuff like this. I had bought a 24' dell from one of these deals and had called dell for support. They could not do much without a tracking tag that normally comes on all their products. If you can find it on dells site as part of their rotating sales for a similar price that might be the way to go.

well you gotta think about it, that most in ca wont pay tax or recycling, and that is a big plus, and almost 100 dollar extra on savings. I have heard about the warranty and read some feedbacks, and seems like he might be a little slow, I would call it busy I guess, but he does sort things out with you.

wait for those special dell deals for the same price and 4 years warranty

I seriously doubt you could get it for that price a new one with 4 year warranty, unless ofcourse you wanna wait 4 years. I have waited for quite a long time to jump to 2560x1600 and I am sure it will be well worth it. For the price you can't beat the deal.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:\
Wow.. Seems like a good deal.. but

$800 FOR A MONITOR? WOWW

800 for a monitor that retails for 1900? that is a good deal my friend. ofcourse it is refurb, but I have heard nothing but good things about dell refurb. monitors.

The warranty process works well. If you search for the monitor service tag on the Dell warranty web-site and don't get a valid entry, contact the seller directly and he gets it sorted (could take a few days). Once it is set-up, you simply use your personal contact details (i.e. those listed on the blue shipping invoice) and deal straight with Dell. I had zero issues returning one of these monitors directly to Dell for an overnight replacement.

What I want to know is how he gets them so cheap, special connections?

What I want to know is how he gets them so cheap, special connections?

Yeah, most likely.

I know a couple of guys that work for Dell that would sometimes offer me deals with crazy pricing like this. I remember once when I was offered 10x 2408WFP 24" LCD's for $285/each, shipping included. Their normal price was something like $600 and you could get them for like $500-$515 when they ran specials.

I inquired how in the hell where they able to offer them to me at that price and they said "manager would just tell us to have a fire sale to boost her/his numbers for that specific period". I believe them because they have offered me good deals like that several times before.

I bought the 3008wfp for $717and 3007wfp-hc for $650. The 3008 was brand new, the 3007 came without cables but seems brand new as well. I am pretty sure those guys get a heavy discount from Dell and you bet Dell is making money on them as well.

EDIT: I did not get the packing slip from DELL for the 3008wfp. )-: I tired contacting the seller but got no response. I will try again. Both of my warranties are valid

I think I'm gonna buy the one that is up now.

2 questions:
1.) How do I get bing cashback?
2.) I've got some HDMI cables laying around from monoprice. I'm probably going to use this with my studio17. Mobility 3650 in it supports the resolution on Dual Link DVI. There is no DVI on my laptop. Do most HDMI cables support 2560x1600?

I dont think HDMI cable will do 2560x1600, I am pretty sure about that

Just wanna say that I ordered one of these a couple of weeks ago and can vouch for the fact that the seller's communication is awful, but once he ships, it's usually overnight. I haven't taken care of the warranty stuff yet but that's what this weekend is for.

Man, only if I had a bigger desk. my 24" is about the largest I can go on this desk. Time for a $5000 desk?

Man, only if I had a bigger desk. my 24" is about the largest I can go on this desk. Time for a $5000 desk?

Nah, Ikea makes several desks that look nice and would fit one (or three) of these without a problem for $200-$300.

I also purchased one of these monitors from the seller a couple of months ago. Arrived with all cables, no dead pix, etc. It's been a fantastic monitor...my 3007WFP-HC is feeling neglected!

Arg. If this had popped up at this price before I bought this Apple 30" monitor, I would so pull the trigger on it (it would have cost more, but skipping the proprietary design aspects and the warranty would have been more than worth it).

I bought the 3008wfp for $717and 3007wfp-hc for $650. The 3008 was brand new, the 3007 came without cables but seems brand new as well. I am pretty sure those guys get a heavy discount from Dell and you bet Dell is making money on them as well.

EDIT: I did not get the packing slip from DELL for the 3008wfp. )-: I tired contacting the seller but got no response. I will try again. Both of my warranties are valid

how did you get it for cheaper price?

To anyone who is concern about warranty.

LCDs 30" and up will have a "service tag number" on it. All warranty will be base off the service tag number.

For LCDs under 30" all warranty will be base off the "order number" when the LCD was purchase.

I bought a used 2408wfp and when I needed warranty I was told this.

To anyone who is concern about warranty.

LCDs 30" and up will have a "service tag number" on it. All warranty will be base off the service tag number.

For LCDs under 30" all warranty will be base off the "order number" when the LCD was purchase.

I bought a used 2408wfp and when I needed warranty I was told this.

Yes, you are correct but people working at Dell are idiots.... I bought two refurbs 3007WFP-HC from Dell and the bloody warranty does not show up. I called them and explained that I cannot get warranty status on my monitors since it is says my tags are invalid. The $#$$@$ idiot on the other end kept asking me about the order number.... I had to explain everything 5 times and finally gave up.... Dell customer service is hopeless. I did a CSR for Dishnetwork for around 10 weeks and I know the customers can be idiots therefore I am super nice and smooth over the phone.

Yes, you are correct but people working at Dell are idiots.... I bought two refurbs 3007WFP-HC from Dell and the bloody warranty does not show up. I called them and explained that I cannot get warranty status on my monitors since it is says my tags are invalid. The $#$$@$ idiot on the other end kept asking me about the order number.... I had to explain everything 5 times and finally gave up.... Dell customer service is hopeless. I did a CSR for Dishnetwork for around 10 weeks and I know the customers can be idiots therefore I am super nice and smooth over the phone.
They're asking you for your order number so that they can reference the model and warranty from that, read DTN107's post above yours. I had to do the same thing on an old 20" Dell LCD before. Sounds like you didn't learn anything about protocols in the time you were a CSR.

They're asking you for your order number so that they can reference the model and warranty from that, read DTN107's post above yours. I had to do the same thing on an old 20" Dell LCD before. Sounds like you didn't learn anything about protocols in the time you were a CSR.

Did you bother to read what I wrote? Obviously, not....

Did you bother to read what I wrote? Obviously, not....

Without a working service tag, the only thing they can reference to verify the warranty would be order number and customer number; without that your only recourse is to contact the seller you bought the monitors from. Since you didn't deal with Dell directly (even if the parts were drop shipped from Dell there's still a difference) there's not much a CSR can do regardless of the situation.

Of course if you did buy them directly from Dell then I can completely understand your frustration.

Every now and then this seller runs auctions with cheaper prices. For example, the 3008WFP is typically USD$878 (before cashback), however, they are sometimes listed around the $800 mark (before cashback). Not sure why or when he does this, but it periodically comes up. In addition, I think that Iching got some sort of unique deal through the seller due to a mix up.

Regarding the warranty, just deal with the seller directly until the service tag comes up as valid. Once that happens, you are done. His communication has improved significantly and he is pretty reliable when getting the service code enabled with your promised warranty period.

I got my monitor just now. I order it this past Sunday. He didnt ship it overnight. Dell it. It says it comes from Dell. Outside of box said refurb too. Did some of you get it new? But Dell always do a good job with their refurb.

Mine came with nothing except the monitor seal up. No power cord, no cables and no flyer. Right now I am using the power and DVI cord from my 2 yr old 3007.

The 3008 screen is clearer and not as muddy with AG coating as the 3007.

Back