Dell 3008WFP $860 Refurb, 2 Yr Dell Warranty

Anyone who has worked retail or anywhere that has an inventory system can tell you that it isn't perfect. Not to mention the fact one can sell through another avenue(like dell.com).

Ebay pretty much requires a perfect inventory system, it isn't like other retail. You are supposed to be bidding on a specific and identifiable item, not something out of inventory that may or may not be filled.

That said, I got a 3007 from this guy back around christmas and have had no problems. The monitor came without cords but looked brand new, and he sent some cords when I asked.

Ebay pretty much requires a perfect inventory system, it isn't like other retail. You are supposed to be bidding on a specific and identifiable item, not something out of inventory that may or may not be filled.

That said, I got a 3007 from this guy back around christmas and have had no problems. The monitor came without cords but looked brand new, and he sent some cords when I asked.

My point was exactly this, he shouldn't assume the inventory is exactly correct.

If his contact at dell says there are 25 in stock then its probably okay for him to sell 10-12.

Is it okay for him to sell 25 and pray that every single monitor is perfectly accounted for?

Absolutely not and I believe that is what he is doing.

I honestly don't know how he deals with dell. Does he actually make sure the orders ship to people in the order they are bought on ebay, May be thats why some people get them and some not. So if you are lucky you will get it in time and if dell runs out they run out and then he comes back amlost three weeks later and tells you that oh sorry I just found out that they were broke. I mean I would have no problem if you sent my friend a message saying, " hey budd Gonna ship out your monitor in a few weeks, do you still want it, or you want your money back" and he could add on that he still can't guarantee it.

Atleast then you are being honest with someone. If he was honest I would have waited another few weeks, but he has kinda lost my trust. Only coming clean when you threaten him with a dispute.

The person who just left him a feeback for 3008wfp got it for the same price I got it for. Those two days was the time he was selling for that price. It is funny that he used a bullshit excuse of oh the monitors are damaged.

Not sure how accurate the "time" counter is in the service menu of the 3008WFP. Mine was sitting at around 500 hours after a few months used. Checked it today and it was reset to 0 hours (no idea how). After about an hour I turned my PC off. Turned the PC on again after about 8 hours and checked again and it registered 9 hours total time. Not very reliable as far as I can tell.

Anyone have an idea how it works?

Its back! Go and get another 3008wfp(same seller?). Keywords: dell D630, cheap monitor

well the seller offered my friend and me a monitor, He told my friend that a customer returned one and he can send it to us right away. My friend just go to summer school man monitors can come later too, lol. That hit me hard so I was like alright ask him to refund the money, which he did.

Last edited:
well the seller offered my friend and me a monitor, He told my friend that a customer returned one and he can send it to us right away. He is really good friend of mine and he said go to summer school man monitors can come later too, lol. That hit me hard so I was like alright ask him to refund the money, which he did. He had not refunded our money yet so he offered a monitor.

wtf?

I don't know what you meant by wtf? lol.

In simple words he offered us a monitor, which my friend ordered for me on ebay since I don't have paypal or ebay any more. he said someone returned him a monitor because they needed money and he can send us that monitor.

Hope this clears it up for you. I am sure you jumped to end of the thread and read my last post. Thats where wtf came from.

I canceled. I told my friend to ask him to refund the money, so he refunded. I am sure he might offer a monitor to someone else. I am just gonna go to summer school and I might grab a u2711 locally for 700 or so, I got some local sellers selling those. I originally wanted that one but I got this one cuz I thought it was a good deal, but didn't work out so well. I am just gonna pay for summer school for now, I guess it was a sign, lol.

LOL yeah, school > monitor.

I'm glad I got one of these before the recent events, but I hope he gets everything back on track in case I want to buy a third one after I get a larger desk.

So...how does one RMA this now when there's no ebay link to show the sellers claim of a 2 or 3 year warranty (could've sworn mine said three years)? It's also not mentioned in the Paypal transaction details and Dell just claimed the service tag and express service code on my monitor are not supposed to even be there and the numbers are non-existant in their system. Which was right around the time she told me to just buy a new monitor which is around the time I hung up on her...lol

I purchased it on March 12, 2010 according to paypal (but no current way to verify the supposed warranty this guy claimed on ebay).

:confused::(:mad:

Anyone have any advice?

So...how does one RMA this now when there's no ebay link to show the sellers claim of a 2 or 3 year warranty (could've sworn mine said three years)? It's also not mentioned in the Paypal transaction details and Dell just claimed the service tag and express service code on my monitor are not supposed to even be there and the numbers are non-existant in their system. Which was right around the time she told me to just buy a new monitor which is around the time I hung up on her...lol

I purchased it on March 12, 2010 according to paypal (but no current way to verify the supposed warranty this guy claimed on ebay).

:confused::(:mad:

Anyone have any advice?

I bought one of these and this is what I think was happening. I think the seller worked for dell and was sending out monitors that were meant for warranty replacement of defective monitors. (since he was able to put out like a hundred of them and then suddenly stopped probably because he got caught) Mine came with instructions on returning the defective screen to dell. My service tag didn't show up in the system either and I contacted the seller and he said it was fixed and it magically showed up with some weird number of days left on warranty like 4 years 3 months and 15 days, it was weird.

What's wrong with yours?

Edit: Just checked my warranty status I still have 3 years, it also says original ship date is in 2009, which makes me think even more he worked for dell and was doing something funky since I bought this in 2010. I think you may be out of luck since ebay doesn't keep the transactions and you didn't have him fix the warranty when you bought it. I don't even know if my warranty is good because who knows what name it is under.

Edit2: I just transferred the warranty to myself and it worked since you need the previous owner so I guess my warranty is good?

Last edited:
Back