Dell 3007fpw

:mad:
Stupid Dell, and their stupid awesome monitors, that make me spend my stupid money

I just got a 2005fpw and my video card can't keep up now.

I wonder what resolution this will be? 1920x1080?

WHAT ?!? December 21st?

Wankel, wherever you are, call up Dell and ask if they an official carrying case to carry this bad boy :D

Oh god.. *slurp* I can't wait.

PRIME1 said:
I just got a 2005fpw and my video card can't keep up now.

I wonder what resolution this will be? 1920x1080?

The 2405 is 1920x1200, so I imagine it would be much higher (and will take more than an average video card to run). I forget what those Apple 30"'s need. SLI or something?

from another website

Display Size: 30 inch
Response Time: 14ms
Brightness: 400cd/m2
Contrast: 700:1
Viewing Angle: 178/178
Native Resolution: WQXGA (2560 x 1600)
PC Connectivity: DVI-D (Dual link) x 1 with HDCP
Others: 4-Port USB Hub, 9-in-1 Multimedia Card Reader/Slots, Height Adjustable Stand, Swivel & Tilt. (No pivot)

ah.. dual-link, that is it.

So.. who's up for guessing it's price. Twice as much as the 2405?

i dont want to rain on anyones parade (including mine) but are these going to have the infamous 2405 display lag (10-50ms)?

sorry sorry... have to throw that out there for speculation since i'm definetly spending some serious cash on an LCD for desktop/gamming this christmas.

post-41514-1133502981.jpg

:cool:

I'm guessing it will be similar to that of Apple's 30" Cinema Display. Most likely a 2560x1600 resolution.

I wonder what the price will be on this thing? Maybe $2,000?

I may get one of these to go with my Power Mac Quad if it is cheap with coupons. :D

larkin said:
i dont want to rain on anyones parade (including mine) but are these going to have the infamous 2405 display lag (10-50ms)?

sorry sorry... have to throw that out there for speculation since i'm definetly spending some serious cash on an LCD for desktop/gamming this christmas.

wasn't it discovered that the 2005FPW has the same lag?

i think the 2405 is the biggest i would ever want. 30" 3' or less from your eyes cant be too good for you

I wouldn't imagine it is a monitor designed for gaming, still bet its a lot cheaper than the ACD30", whether there is also a loss in quality as well as price then they may just shoot themselves in the foot because I imagine main market appeal is from people who use CAD programs etc.

The resolution on these panel isnt ment for gaming plus the panel itself has higher response time, lower brightness and lower contrast ratio.

No way is that 14ms, giving that the 2405 had an average response of 25ms this will be in the 20ms range.

Yeah im sure this isnt meant for gaming. It was is way BIG!!!! Now for programming and graphic design, im sure this falls in the category very well.

For the price this thing probably will be, I rather get a projector and use that for gaming.

24" was basicaly borderline, 30" is big unless your sitting very far from the monitor.

I bet a 30 incher will feel just right (for the first week, then you want a 40 incher).

Now they have to make video cards that can run games like F.E.A.R. at it's resolution at more than 5 FPS.

kleox64 said:
24" was basicaly borderline, 30" is big unless your sitting very far from the monitor.

First two days I had my 23 -Wow this is big, omfg.

First two days the next week -This is just right, omfg.

First two days next week -I could use something bigger unf, how much is the Apple 30 incher?

i think 30in the biggest pc monitors should be, i mean your using a mouse and keyboard so you can't be much more than 4/5 ft. away from the monitor going to 40 i can't even imagine you would have to tilt your head completely to see your health in hl2. lol :p

take 2 of these and turn them length wise up and you havea stock market person - or accountant with alot of large excel files dreeam system - i could sit 2-3ft from it with no issue.

and i am sure they will be used for gaming by some people.

Kewl so can this mean the other monitors will get a price drop.

I reackon this thing will be $2500 maybe.

laxmiddi44 said:
i think 30in the biggest pc monitors should be, i mean your using a mouse and keyboard so you can't be much more than 4/5 ft. away from the monitor going to 40 i can't even imagine you would have to tilt your head completely to see your health in hl2. lol :p
Nah. No way. At least 32:10 ratio, 3840x1200 res, 57.6" x 12", 58.8" diagonal. In other words, roughly 2 24" screens end to end. Also, they should be curved with the sides curving out toward the user.

well yeah, it'd be nice if this drives the 2405 to sub $600.00 levels.

laxmiddi44 said:

excellent pt. We may be able to move to 32 to 34", but that's it. If you have a 40", there is no way your eye can see the top part of the screen unless you have a chair that hydralic raise you, but then you can't see the bottom

Happy Hopping: said:
excellent pt. We may be able to move to 32 to 34", but that's it. If you have a 40", there is no way your eye can see the top part of the screen unless you have a chair that hydralic raise you, but then you can't see the bottom
Yeah, these very large PC displays should have height adjustability built in, like on smaller LCDs.

Holly crap awesome so the rumors were true :cool:

Forgive my newbieness but what video cards will run this at its native resolution of 2560 x 1600? I am thinking about buying a 7800GTX 512 but its saids the maximum resolution is 2048x1536 :confused:

Hoof said:
Holly crap awesome so the rumors were true :cool:

Forgive my newbieness but what video cards will run this at its native resolution of 2560 x 1600? I am thinking about buying a 7800GTX 512 but its saids the maximum resolution is 2048x1536 :confused:

I believe that's 2048x1536 per monitor. The 30" is dual link meaning it like two monitors crammed together, the 7800 should be fine as long as it has 2 dvi outs.

meatycheesyboy said:
I believe that's 2048x1536 per monitor. The 30" is dual link meaning it like two monitors crammed together, the 7800 should be fine as long as it has 2 dvi outs.
Ok that works thanks.

meatycheesyboy said:

Not true. 7800 can only run 1 x Dell 30", not the 2nd Dell 30". Two dvi out has nothing to do w/ anything.

Back