Dell 3007 WFP LCD Monitor at $2200

Just Spoke with Dell Greece. The monitor will be available tomorrow at 2040€ + Vat 19%.

But after crying and begging, the best price I could get was 1750€ + vat

So I guess that from tommorow, the monitor will be available in all Europe with the same price pretty much

alaindelon said:
Hi there !
Are you able to see the BIOS on this 30" while PC is Booting ?
Thx, AD

yes, erverything scales the same as any other monitor.

Happy Hopping said:
are you a member there? Can you post a question and ask that guy if he test it on lower resolution and if they works:

640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024

yes they work, but don't look nearly as good.

hodiscuss said:
Hey grdh20,

Could you take a pic with your 2405 placed in front of your new 3007 (lining up one of the corners) so that people could see how much more bigger the 3007 is? I know that people can calculate the difference in display area, but "a picture is worth a thousand words..."

That's actually a good idea, but I moved the tiny little :D 2405 out and hooked it up to another computer. If no one else posts one I'll try bring it back down to do that.

Spoke to Nvida about the 82.12 driver problem and they are looking into it. One thing to check thoutgh is that only one of the 2 dvi connectors (other than on Quadro cards) will support Dual link. The other will not. So test both to be sure. I'm not sure how you tell other than trial and error on which is which. Also uninstall and run a Nvidia driver cleaner before installing the monitor.

grdh20 said:
ok, a couple of quick pics in between figuring out these drivers:(why hard doen't host pics? :confused: )

http://www.thenakedreview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=31
http://www.thenakedreview.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32

Dude, you made my day.
In fact, I started giggling like a little school girl when I saw those pics. :D
I guess I started to picture myself owning it. By the way what video card you got again?

And yes, please take those pics comparing it's size with the 2405.

StalkerZER0 said:
Dude, you made my day.
In fact, I started giggling like a little school girl when I saw those pics. :D
I guess I started to picture myself owning it. By the way what video card you got again?

7800gtx 512 :D

By the way, the DVI Dual Link connector is always the one closest to the MB.

Got this directly from Samsung just now. The panels in the current batch of 3007's are latest generation LG. Samsung panels may start getting mixed in around march at the earliest, but you will not be able to tell whether it is an LG or Samsung in any way other than visual quality and response in a side by side test. ie it will be guessing at best. Dell dual sources and sets the specs.

grdh20 said:
Got this directly from Samsung just now. The panels in the current batch of 3007's are latest generation LG. Samsung panels may start getting mixed in around march at the earliest, but you will not be able to tell whether it is an LG or Samsung in any way other than visual quality and response in a side by side test. ie it will be guessing at best. Dell dual sources and sets the specs.

I don't get that. Bottomline will both be the same? Or are you suggesting we should get one above the other? :confused:

StalkerZER0 said:
I don't get that. Bottomline will both be the same? Or are you suggesting we should get one above the other? :confused:

You won't be able to choose between the two, There will be no way to tell unless you do a side by side compare. Even the Samsung panel engineers said they would have a tough time telling by just looking at the image and there will be no markings or otherwise. However, the raw samsung spces should be a little better, but again you don't get any choice and in all likelyhood the LG and Samung panels will be sold at the same time under the 3007wfp model starting after March.

grdh20 said:
You won't be able to choose between the two, There will be no way to tell unless you do a side by side compare. Even the Samsung panel engineers said they would have a tough time telling by just looking at the image and there will be no markings or otherwise. However, the raw samsung spces should be a little better, but again you don't get any choice and in all likelyhood the LG and Samung panels will be sold at the same time under the 3007wfp model starting after March.

But if the samsung panel is slightly better is it worth it to get that one? But....ahh so your saying there will be no way to tell which dell 30 inch has the samsung or the lg panel correct?

StalkerZER0 said:
But if the samsung panel is slightly better is it worth it to get that one? But....ahh so your saying there will be no way to tell which dell 30 inch has the samsung or the lg panel correct?

correct. Anyway I don't think anyone will be too disapointed with the LG. It is simply awesome.

StalkerZER0 said:

Well, Samsung rates their panel at 8ms grey-grey w/ 1000:1 contrast ratio. The brightness is the same as the 3007. The specs on the Samsung seem better, but who knows what they are in actuality. ExtremeTech.com did a review of the 3007 and found the contrast ratio to be about 650:1 in their tests (very close to the rated 700:1) with a maximum brightness of 365 cd/m2 (also close to specs). They previously have reviewed the Dell 2405 (Samsung panel), which is rated at 500 cd/m2 and 1000:1 CR -- they measured a contrast ratio of 612:1 and they did not test brightness (PC Magazine, however, measured the brightness at 499 cd/m2). So the 3007 pretty much lives up to its specs while the 2405 overestimates the contrast ratio a bit. So the Samsung panel may be virtually equivalent to the LG or it may surpass it.

Problems are going to arise, however, if the panels have any significant difference in picture quality. First off, I don't know how reviewers will be able to recommend or evaluate a monitor that uses two completely different panels in the same model. Issues that may relate to one (i.e. the uniformity issues mentioned by ExtremeTech) may not apply to the other. If differences do surface, there will be many enthusiasts who will want the better panel and they may be willing to go to extremes to get it. In fact, many people on notebookforums.com have been removing their LCD panels from their Inspiron 9300s and switching them with replacement panels sent by Dell due to differences in quality between different panel manufacturers (Dell currently uses Sharp, Samsung, and LG.Philips panels in their 17-inch WUXGA screen).

can be had in the UK for £1299.00 + £25 p&p im soooo tempted but im gona upgrade my pc first.

Happy Hopping said:
are you a member there? Can you post a question and ask that guy if he test it on lower resolution and if they works:

640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024

Hi,

He told me this:

I just tested all those rezzies, and they work, along with a dozen or so up and down.

However, the monitor only really looks excellent when running 1280x800 or 2560x1600.

So, why they DO work, I probably won't be using them for anything.

I hope that helps

grdh20 said:
But this is just for the Dell display, right? I mean when Samsung comes out with their own 30" WQXGA, surely they will use the Samsung panel, not the LG/Phillips one?

grdh20 said:
Ran the stuck pixel utility and I can confirm there are zero stuck pixels. The black levels on this monitor are very impressive.

what's the name of your stuck pixel utility? Is it freeware? Also, do you also own an Apple 30", 'cause you said it run less heat than the ACD 30. How did you compares the heat level?

clubsport said:
Hi,

He told me this:

I just tested all those rezzies, and they work, along with a dozen or so up and down.

However, the monitor only really looks excellent when running 1280x800 or 2560x1600.

So, why they DO work, I probably won't be using them for anything.

I hope that helps

thanks for the reply. As long as they work, it's rare most people uses some of those old res. But by chance, I might come across some old JPG graph/charts that display at that res., which is why I ask.

weemies said:
But this is just for the Dell display, right? I mean when Samsung comes out with their own 30" WQXGA, surely they will use the Samsung panel, not the LG/Phillips one?

Samsung hasn't even put out there own version of the 2405 yet. They told me they have plenty of 3td party business with the likes of the Dell's of this world and are unlikely to ramp up their own Samsung brand if that continues.

Happy Hopping said:
what's the name of your stuck pixel utility? Is it freeware? Also, do you also own an Apple 30", 'cause you said it run less heat than the ACD 30. How did you compares the heat level?

I have the stuck pix util at hoem. I forget the name but it has akll the colors and is very easy to use. PM me e-mail address and I'll send it to you when I get home.

As far as the apple, I don't have one, but logged a fair amount of time on it at the CompUSA and Apples stores when deciding about the 30" Dell. It was obviously a hotter running monitor, almost to the point of burning your hand on the top of it.

grdh20 said:
Samsung hasn't even put out there own version of the 2405 yet. They told me they have plenty of 3td party business with the likes of the Dell's of this world and are unlikely to ramp up their own Samsung brand if that continues.

Wait a minute....don't samsung have a 24inch lcd? I believe they do...two in fact.

I think someone form Nvdia suggest trying this for 82.12 issues:

Weird, I've seen 82.12 work on several of these things at all resolutions at CES and elsewhere.

Try going to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSetxxx\Enum\DISPL AY. Find the monitor (not sure what the 3007 key name is) and delete the "device parameters" key. Do this with HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\D ISPLAY too. Reboot.

StalkerZER0 said:
Wait a minute....don't samsung have a 24inch lcd? I believe they do...two in fact.

The Samsung 243T 24"Monitor is not using the latest panel that was used in the Dell 2405. I am unaware of a released Samsung Monitor model with the latest panel specs as the 2405 has.

Monitor = Final product
panel = raw LCD panel

grdh20: said:
As far as the apple, I don't have one, but logged a fair amount of time on it at the CompUSA and Apples stores when deciding about the 30" Dell. It was obviously a hotter running monitor, almost to the point of burning your hand on the top of it.
Um, mine is not even warm. I can hardly detect any heat coming from it at all. There was definitely something wrong with the ACD you were looking at, or its immediate environment was causing it to overheat.

APOLLO said:
Um, mine is not even warm. I can hardly detect any heat coming from it at all. There was definitely something wrong with the ACD you were looking at, or its immediate environment was causing it to overheat.

probably because the left it on 24/7 I guess. I'm talking about touching the rear top area buy the way.

if i put my face a few inches away from my 2405 i can feel a little heat radiating from it. i wonder if there is a way to track that type of data.

If the 3007 had the connectivity of the 2405 i'd probably buy one. But since it doesnt, i'll sadly be giving it a miss till they sort the ports out

Skirrow said:
If the 3007 had the connectivity of the 2405 i'd probably buy one. But since it doesnt, i'll sadly be giving it a miss till they sort the ports out

Don't hold your breath.

grdh20 said:
Well according to this they will be releasing their own 30" monitor Q1 2006.

Ohji said:
Well, Samsung rates their panel at 8ms grey-grey w/ 1000:1 contrast ratio. The brightness is the same as the 3007. The specs on the Samsung seem better, but who knows what they are in actuality. ExtremeTech.com did a review of the 3007 and found the contrast ratio to be about 650:1 in their tests (very close to the rated 700:1) with a maximum brightness of 365 cd/m2 (also close to specs). They previously have reviewed the Dell 2405 (Samsung panel), which is rated at 500 cd/m2 and 1000:1 CR -- they measured a contrast ratio of 612:1 and they did not test brightness (PC Magazine, however, measured the brightness at 499 cd/m2). So the 3007 pretty much lives up to its specs while the 2405 overestimates the contrast ratio a bit. So the Samsung panel may be virtually equivalent to the LG or it may surpass it.

Problems are going to arise, however, if the panels have any significant difference in picture quality. First off, I don't know how reviewers will be able to recommend or evaluate a monitor that uses two completely different panels in the same model. Issues that may relate to one (i.e. the uniformity issues mentioned by ExtremeTech) may not apply to the other. If differences do surface, there will be many enthusiasts who will want the better panel and they may be willing to go to extremes to get it. In fact, many people on notebookforums.com have been removing their LCD panels from their Inspiron 9300s and switching them with replacement panels sent by Dell due to differences in quality between different panel manufacturers (Dell currently uses Sharp, Samsung, and LG.Philips panels in their 17-inch WUXGA screen).

That's pretty sucky on Dell's part not to even add a letter or something to the model to let us know which panle it will have. Reason being LG is a S-IPS panel, Samsung is S-PVA. Don't wan't to bring the old thread back but that DOES matter to some people. Both technologies have different tradeoffs when it comes to picture quality. Me, I'd take an LG.

grdh20 said:
yes they work, but don't look nearly as good.

Hey, can I bribe you? :D If you post {Print Screen] capture of those res., namely,
640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1200

I'll email you back w/ 5 high res. Playboy playmate photo from Playboy Cyber Club. ea. one is over 500K. JPG

Happy Hopping said:
Hey, can I bribe you? :D If you post {Print Screen] capture of those res., namely,
640x480
800x600
1024x768
1280x1024
1600x1200

I'll email you back w/ 5 high res. Playboy playmate photo from Playboy Cyber Club. ea. one is over 500K. JPG

How about you email me those anyways forget him :)

Back