Dell 3007 WFP LCD Monitor at $2200

Yeah that price is a dissapointment. But im kinda glad since i got the apple 30inch. ;)

People need to know that with a 7800 my ACD runs its native res without a single hitch. Even the nvidia drivers know what screen it is. Its really a beauty...

This price is very disappointing. :( I was hoping for around $1500, since compared to the 2005FPW and 2405FPW, the price wouldn't be too bad. Oh well, here's to hoping plenty of coupons hit the 'net soon!

dwai said:
According to this Dell chat I'm talking to he claims that the warranty is good for three years. If there are any manufactures defects, you get a brand new monitor as opposed to a refurbished. I think he's lying though. I requested something in writing on Dell letterhead but he refuses to give it to me.

The guy I'm talking to is a fucking retard.

Does anyone know what this new "Advanced Exchange" is ?

Um.... advanced exchange is exactly what that rep told you. They send you a brand new replacement before you even send the defective one back. It was officially announced on dell's site a couple months ago, but they've been doing sicne at least the 2005FPW came out. Maybe you should do a little research on your own before you start badmouthing the reps!

Advanced Exchange: Replacement system or replacement part will be dispatched, if necessary, following phone-based troubleshooting, in advance of receipt of returned defective part or system. Replacements may be refurbished. Defective unit must be returned. Availability varies. Other conditions apply.

Yes, it says "Replacements may be refurbished" but with new items like this, they arent gonna have any refurbs laying around for another couple months.

congrats! not a bad price. you should post the information of the rep you talked to in order to help others get a price like that

Raines8416 said:
Um.... advanced exchange is exactly what that rep told you. They send you a brand new replacement before you even send the defective one back. It was officially announced on dell's site a couple months ago, but they've been doing sicne at least the 2005FPW came out. Maybe you should do a little research on your own before you start badmouthing the reps!

Yes, it says "Replacements may be refurbished" but with new items like this, they arent gonna have any refurbs laying around for another couple months.
I mean one year from now. That's exactly what I asked. What if it happens one year or any time within the three year warranty period and he said that they'll send a brand new one. So yes, within a year they'll have more than enough refurbs to go around. I hope this advanced exchange is always brand new.

What's dell's policy on dead pixels? For over 2KG this monitor better be pixel defect free! :mad:

Can someone tell me what are coupons because I don't think we got them
in Australia please? :confused:

Wonder if you can plug this into your DVI or HDMI HDTV reciever....even though its twices the resolution of 720p

Maybe you could, but you'd spend a lot less for a 30" LCD TV, wouldn't you? In fact, you could probably get a 720p 37" LCD TV for around the same price. Seems like a waste of money unless it's for a PC based system.

StalkerZER0 said:
How the hell did you get a tax exempt certificate?

Or if you know anyone in a tax free state (DE, NH, or OR) have it shipped there and reshipped to you ;).

wonkman said:
... And just in time .... Dell and Nvidia announce a Quad-SLi project:

Quad-SLi

that's not quad sli. I don't know if michael dell can count. Quad SLI (do a search in another thread) is the ability to have 4 x PCI Express 16 slot, w/ ea. slot snapped in a video card that can do Dual LInk DVI.

He got 4 video card in 2 SLI slot, that's dual SLI, which is what we have before.

Qual SLI, w/o the SLI function, should accept like a ATI x1800 XT, in which you can run 4 x ATI X1800 XT, w/ a total of 8 Dual Link DVI output, to 8 monitor.

He only got 4

Strong dollar arguments make no sense for the Canadian 3007 FPW!!!

It sells for $1,999 CANADIAN. That's only $1,720 USD direct from website with no phone quotes or coupons!

Wow.

could we order from dell canada and have it shipped to the US ,, it just makes no sense .. i should call up dell and ask why is it only 1720 in us funds from dell canada

i cant decide if i should sell the 2405 for the 3007 .. or just keep the 2405 and wait a few months

jetjaguar said:
could we order from dell canada and have it shipped to the US ,, it just makes no sense .. i should call up dell and ask why is it only 1720 in us funds from dell canada

Okay, I've examined it more carefully, the US DELL site has a 3-year warranty but the Canadian one only has a 1-year warranty. Could that be the difference? But that's almost $500.

p0intblank said:
This price is very disappointing. :( I was hoping for around $1500, since compared to the 2005FPW and 2405FPW, the price wouldn't be too bad. Oh well, here's to hoping plenty of coupons hit the 'net soon!

Can you tell me, what are coupons? we don't have them in Australia thanks?

Way overpriced, I will stick with my 37" Westinghouse that can be had for $1500-$1600.

Nascar24 said:
Way overpriced, I will stick with my 37" Westinghouse that can be had for $1500-$1600.

not even close to the same thing. apples and oranges.

jetjaguar: said:
is the apple monitor superior ?
Not if you compare their specs, but that brings up the question, which panel does the Dell use? And, what type of LCD technology is it implementing??

jfish said:
not even close to the same thing. apples and oranges.

Huh? No its not the same rez, Dont know why anyone would need that rez for normal use but for shear size and how great a pc monitor the 37" Wesinghouse makes it blows the Dell away in price and value alone. Its very apples and oranges. Who needs more than 1920x1080 for just about anything including desktop and games at this point? Not many! :rolleyes:

Nascar24: said:
Huh? No its not the same rez, Dont know why anyone would need that rez for normal use but for shear size and how great a pc monitor the 37" Wesinghouse makes it blows the Dell away in price and value alone. Its very apples and oranges. Who needs more than 1920x1080 for just about anything including desktop and games at this point? Not many! :rolleyes:
I'm using that rez every day along with two smaller LCds on either side of my ACD. To each his own.

I want one of these monitors don't get me wrong but for 2200 bucks plus shipping I can buy myself a sweet ass DLP TV that is 40-56" and hook my pc up to that :).

I'm surprise noone post a question on the cable. What it looks like is that:

1) either the 30" DOES NOT c/w the cable

OR

2) it c/w a cheap cable and realistically you need that $120 belkin cable

The truth is, Belkin is a major cable maker and make very good cables.

Man, it would be nice if we didn't turn this thread into a bunch of nonsense about how some people don't want a resolution of 2560x1600 or that some silly TV is better/worse than this. If you don't like it, just don't participate in here. ... Just stick to the topic okay guys ... :cool:

Happy Hopping said:
I'm surprise noone post a question on the cable. What it looks like is that:

1) either the 30" DOES NOT c/w the cable

OR

2) it c/w a cheap cable and realistically you need that $120 belkin cable

The truth is, Belkin is a major cable maker and make very good cables.

I suppose the monster optical audio cable is required for an optimal experience over a cheapy $10 optical too.

The extremetech review also confirms the feeling i've had about the monitor all along, that it has no internal image scaler; since it lacks any sort of analog input and only lists two supported display modes. It looks very unlikely that you can hook this upto any sort of standard HD equipment such as an upconverting dvd player or set-top HDTV box and get more than a 1:1 window in the middle of the display.

It is nice to see that the overall quality of the panel is good though. The question now is should i upgrade from the 24" dell; this thing will be killer for games, both in awesomeness and in how far i'll have to kill the settings even on a 7800GTX SLI setup.

Back