Happy Hopping said:but SED reflect light even worse than LCD. I sure don't want to see my reflection under the light as I can't read the screen (see page 2 of the link)
http://www.behardware.com/articles/593-1/close-encounters-of-the-third-kind-sed.html
Ah yes there is always that problem. It was one of my main reasons (aside from the flicker) for migrating to LCDs was to eliminate the glare. Some days I would look at the screen and my eyes would not focus properly on images (however if I held a piece of paper with the same text size against the screen it was crystal clear) and it would seem my eyes were trying to focus on the reflection (and this was with a higher end flat screen "no glare" coating) monitor.
Which begs the question - will this Dell 30"er have a matte finish or that glossy glass-like surface?
Anyways, its great news to hear and I finally have an alternative for the 30"-er that isn't an expensive apple screen and it has the bloody hdcp in it. Hopefully more info will emerge on the Samsung screen - especially what the color fidelity, QC, etc are on these but I guess we have to wait until some reviews come out.