• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

dell 2950 perc6/i intergrated

lone wolf

Gawd
Joined
Feb 4, 2003
Messages
705
I have a Dell 2950 with a perc6/i intergrated into it. It currently has 3 450gb SAS drives. I want to use this for a ESXi host but want to throw 3 2 tb hard drives in there. will this work with this raid card? I am trying to see if there is a limitation on the storage.
 
It should, but the volume will probably not be boot-able unless you make volumes smaller than 2TB. I'm using 6 2TB hitachi desktars with a perc 5/i on a 2950 in RAID5. I made one bootable volume at 100GB, and the remainder storage.

The drives are apparently "invalid" drives according to the Windows management software, but they still seem to work.

I would recommend updating drivers and firmware for the dell card and motherboard as well.

Also keep in mind drives of different spindle speeds should not be stacked on top of each other.
 
Back
Top