Dell 2707wfp $799 @ dell.com

DragoonTD

Limp Gawd
Dell 2707WFP for $799

Just saw this monitor on sale....I got my stimulus check yesterday. :p I'll be short $200+tax. I know there's the DS 26", but those are out of stock at most site. I'm on the fence with a decision...

Keep your Stimulus package with you for a few days and wait for the DoubleSight. It's uncommon to buy a good monitor again especially considering the price point that they belong to. And I would say that a good monitor lasts a lot longer on your desk than an average monitor, which in a year's time you would be eager to replace..

Keep your Stimulus package with you for a few days and wait for the DoubleSight. It's uncommon to buy a good monitor again especially considering the price point that they belong to. And I would say that a good monitor lasts a lot longer on your desk than an average monitor, which in a year's time you would be eager to replace..

Agreed... I've had my S-IPS panel Dell 2005FPW since late Oct./early Nov. 2004, and it's still a champ today. The only temptation I've had is for a larger screen (this is a 20" widescreen), but the quality is amazing compared to most even now. I didn't pay a ton for it either... just gotta keep your ear to the ground and you'll end up with a monitor that will last you years. I plan on keeping it for awhile to come. It cost me around $450 back then, and has been worth every penny.

In short, I agree... wait for the DoubleSight MVA panel... don't take your chances on the "panel lottery" with Dell that could end up with a bad panel such as TN (poor colors, viewing angles, etc.). A good monitor pick will last you ages and cost little more if not the same as any other monitor you could pick at the time, while rushing to grab one that looks shiny will not.

EDIT: P.S. if you need it NOW, there's "open box" ones on newegg for $580 (DoubleSight 26" MVA screens).

EDIT2: This really isn't any kind of "deal," just so you know. Just make a thread asking your question next time in the right forum. I see you asked in the DS 26" thread about the difference, so I'm not sure why you made this thread, disguised as a deal, to as well.

Back