Dell 2405FPW - $764 shipped

no news on the 2407, for those of you who dont want to wait, this is a good deal.

panel $799 (after 20% off)
shipping free

this coupon takes $35 off.

hopefully the ebay link is ok. it's not a live auction, it's a link to the coupon i bought, which worked for me. hope this helps some people.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Good deal, but still happy with my 21" CRT that I bought in 1998 for $1200. I personally won't upgrade until the new standard comes out, and it is mature. Since I have a $1200 investment in my monitor, I won't upgrade till 2008, unless it goes out. Still going strong. :D

Nice deal...but i think im gonna have to wait until the 2007 and 2407 comes out.

just bought it, total was $803.40, i went with the unit with the 5 year warranty. the way i look at it, the $35 off coupon was just a free 2 years warranty for the $1 i spent on it. i can't wait to get it.

The coupon from the ebay auction worked for me. I bought a 2001fp instead for $415 shipped. To get the DPA 2% off I needed to first click pay by credit card. After that it pops up on the next page something like "But wait, save 2% with your Dell Preferred Account"

Todd

Thank God I ordered 2005FPW 2 days ago. They went back to $529 today.

$764 for a 2405FPW is a pretty sweet deal. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

IQJUMPuw said:
$764 for a 2405FPW is a pretty sweet deal. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.

Well, not by much. Got mine in October for $744.35 before tax.

IQJUMPuw said:
Thank God I ordered 2005FPW 2 days ago. They went back to $529 today.

Ha, and next week it will be on sale again
;)

And if you buy it by clicking through fatwallet.com to Dell Home you can get 3% more off in the form of cashback.

swetmore said:
Good deal, but still happy with my 21" CRT that I bought in 1998 for $1200. I personally won't upgrade until the new standard comes out, and it is mature. Since I have a $1200 investment in my monitor, I won't upgrade till 2008, unless it goes out. Still going strong. :D

lol.

Get one of these, and you will die that you even have used a 21" CRT for that long.

Carbon_Le said:
Will they discontinue these when the 2407 comes out?
It was my understanding that that was the case....lol i probabily still wont be able to afford one even when they go on ultra clearance....but hey a guy can dream :)

Dang Why did I look in here!!! Just bought it: 764.20 out the door :eek: Better get a good refund from my taxes!

BTW here is a $35 off coupon for whomever wants to use it (Can be used more then once I think)

1BWT5DWXG?8LVW

Again thanks Guys ! :p

I just seen this on another site....Looks a bit better than the previous deal...

Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" Widescreen LCD monitor comes with 1920 x 1200 resolution, 1000:1 contrast, 500 cd/m2 brightness, DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, and Component inputs, integrated 9-in-1 card reader, 12ms response time, and 4 USB 2.0 ports. Right now it`s on sale for $999 - 20% off - $60 off $500 stackable coupon ?7VKHB0253GTSM = $739.20 shipped!

Alright! Cancelled and now it is $739.20 out the door! :p

Still hopeing for a good refund from uncle sam!

Thanks fright

fright said:
I just seen this on another site....Looks a bit better than the previous deal...

Dell UltraSharp 2405FPW 24" Widescreen LCD monitor comes with 1920 x 1200 resolution, 1000:1 contrast, 500 cd/m2 brightness, DVI, VGA, S-Video, Composite, and Component inputs, integrated 9-in-1 card reader, 12ms response time, and 4 USB 2.0 ports. Right now it`s on sale for $999 - 20% off - $60 off $500 stackable coupon ?7VKHB0253GTSM = $739.20 shipped!

sweet thanks :)

just an FYI I have this monitor 2405 and I have the 2005 widescreens they are great monitors BUT and I have used a 9700pro, 9800 pro, x800xl, x800xt, and a x850 pro and they all do the same thing on the 2405. The digital ouput screws up the picture flashing and broken like something is wrong. If you use the VGA then it all is good. and the same cards on the 2005 on the Digital output don't do it that one works fine. MY 7800 gtx and any other Nvidia card is good to go on the DVI but any ATI product has made the screen flash and break up like something is wrong. Just ATI not Nvidia cards though. I can't speak for x1800 or x1900 series ATI for I have not used those yet but anything ATI has done it on the Digital plug not the VGA. Nvidia is jsut fine and any work on the 2005. DOn't know why but that is my experience with this monitor. Otherwise it is the best thing I have ever bought for my computer and I will gladly stick to Nvidia products to use it on the DVI for it is amazing playing at 1900x1200 with everything up and the contrast ratio is great. Food for thought

fright said:

Seems like the coupon is invalid now.

Most of those coupons are single use. When you buy systems from dell they usually come with a catalog with these coupon #s listed on the back.

I lost the WOW factor in about 2 days... LoL. When I took it out of the box it was so HUGE, but now it seems so normal to me. Okay, so it *IS* still pimp. I love it... i'm just being retarded. *sigh*

I just wish I could get that westinghouse 37" or the dell 30"... now that is HUGE!

I don't know why the one I have dont like the dvi on ATI cards then. every single one though without fail. and it ain't on just one box either I build systems and i usually unhook mine off the 2405 cause I love it so much to load and burn them in. wonder If I should rma? buddy of mine told me the cord could be reversed today is that even possible? you know the end on the monitor is the end that shoul dbe on the card and such????

my 2405 is arriving wednesday. i think it will actually be too big, now that i think about it. this 19" crt seems pretty big to me.

Okay, remember when someone posted the 34% off coupon? I ordered it with an E510 system and decided I didn't like it because you can't upgrade the videocard w/ the 6 pin connector and talked to their tech support and customer service. (connector only 1 inch long) They even offered me $65 credit back on my card if I kept the system and apoligized for not being able to upgrade it. I asked if I can just get them to send me an XPS power supply but they told me that they don't reccomend it, which doesn't register why they would say that. So I asked them if I can return the system part and keep the monitor and they said yes and credited me back $760 with the restocking fee waved!! The total was $1200 + Tax & $25 for shipping. So it was about $1400 total w/ $760 credited to my account so give or take a few so the monitor is ~$600!! *bowing* It wasn't planned, but worked out on my part. I still think that is an awesome deal for the $700 something!

santaliqueur said:
my 2405 is arriving wednesday. i think it will actually be too big, now that i think about it. this 19" crt seems pretty big to me.

You're going to be amazed how big it is in person... pictures on here doesn't do it justice. I almost got one of those morning things when I opened up the box! :D

Back