Dell 2405FPW - $764 shipped

noobtech said:
Okay, remember when someone posted the 34% off coupon? I ordered it with an E510 system and decided I didn't like it because you can't upgrade the videocard w/ the 6 pin connector and talked to their tech support and customer service. (connector only 1 inch long) They even offered me $65 credit back on my card if I kept the system and apoligized for not being able to upgrade it. I asked if I can just get them to send me an XPS power supply but they told me that they don't reccomend it, which doesn't register why they would say that. So I asked them if I can return the system part and keep the monitor and they said yes and credited me back $760 with the restocking fee waved!! The total was $1200 + Tax & $25 for shipping. So it was about $1400 total w/ $760 credited to my account so give or take a few so the monitor is ~$600!! *bowing* It wasn't planned, but worked out on my part. I still think that is an awesome deal for the $700 something!

Good Deal :)

I was part of the group that's waiting to see what the 2407 does... but i'm starting to wonder why? Someone remind me.

Rogue4mula said:
I was part of the group that's waiting to see what the 2407 does... but i'm starting to wonder why? Someone remind me.

because it's ultrasharp and top of THE line and its great bragging rights!? ;)

noobtech said:
Okay, remember when someone posted the 34% off coupon? I ordered it with an E510 system and decided I didn't like it because you can't upgrade the videocard w/ the 6 pin connector and talked to their tech support and customer service. (connector only 1 inch long) They even offered me $65 credit back on my card if I kept the system and apoligized for not being able to upgrade it. I asked if I can just get them to send me an XPS power supply but they told me that they don't reccomend it, which doesn't register why they would say that. So I asked them if I can return the system part and keep the monitor and they said yes and credited me back $760 with the restocking fee waved!! The total was $1200 + Tax & $25 for shipping. So it was about $1400 total w/ $760 credited to my account so give or take a few so the monitor is ~$600!! *bowing* It wasn't planned, but worked out on my part. I still think that is an awesome deal for the $700 something!

thanks buddy, didn't mean to be a jerk about it before :(

noobtech said:
because it's ultrasharp and top of THE line and its great bragging rights!? ;)
I thought they were gonna be the same res though... and no, the 3007 is top of the line and great bragging rights... but.. I don't even want that much res.

umcpgrad said:
thanks buddy, didn't mean to be a jerk about it before :(

Forgiven! *shaking hand* but yeah... didn't know you were being a jerk in the first place. LoL!!

Yeah, I guess the 3007 is the big guns that tops it all.

:) .. thanks

well from what I have read and from seeing my friend's 30 inch dell lcd..
I really think the 24 inch is better..
somehow he has both.. it is so sick how he is running dual setup with 24 and 30 next to it... :eek:

I miss my old 20.1 inch... I got it 3 years ago I believe for 550!!!! it was half off!! and I sold it 1 year ago.. for 600.. :p

yourfriend520757 said:
just an FYI I have this monitor 2405 and I have the 2005 widescreens they are great monitors BUT and I have used a 9700pro, 9800 pro, x800xl, x800xt, and a x850 pro and they all do the same thing on the 2405. The digital ouput screws up the picture flashing and broken like something is wrong. If you use the VGA then it all is good. and the same cards on the 2005 on the Digital output don't do it that one works fine. MY 7800 gtx and any other Nvidia card is good to go on the DVI but any ATI product has made the screen flash and break up like something is wrong. Just ATI not Nvidia cards though. I can't speak for x1800 or x1900 series ATI for I have not used those yet but anything ATI has done it on the Digital plug not the VGA. Nvidia is jsut fine and any work on the 2005. DOn't know why but that is my experience with this monitor. Otherwise it is the best thing I have ever bought for my computer and I will gladly stick to Nvidia products to use it on the DVI for it is amazing playing at 1900x1200 with everything up and the contrast ratio is great. Food for thought

You have a bad monitor, dude. I have a 2405 and have used it with a 9700pro and an X850XT and it's perfect using DVI.

Just thought this might be worth a bump as a reminder that this 20% off deal ends today:

Offer ends March 8, 2006 11PM CT on select items.

I was there to order one for myself today and noticed it was ending, so if you're sitting on the fence about it nows the time to decide! :)

Just got mine today ($732 deal) hooked it up to the DVI connector of the 6800Ultra and was I blown away. Ran some tests and No Dead Pixels and little to no backlight. Very impressed. Beats the heck out of my 21" G500 CRT.

If this deal comes by again I would suggest you jump on it!

if you don't watch any HD video content and you're content with just a computer connection, then this is a VERY good deal!

but for people like me that must have HDCP on their DVI, then i have to wait until 2407 or get 3007 =(. i'm a sad panda. hopefully i would've saved 'nuff by then.

IQJUMPuw said:
Thank God I ordered 2005FPW 2 days ago. They went back to $529 today.

$764 for a 2405FPW is a pretty sweet deal. It doesn't get any cheaper than that.
Costco has those for $439 shipped. Thinking of getting one myself. After I pay the damn $45 membership fee. :(

Well found out why I can't run an ATI card on this monitor right. It was the monitor itself. The one I had wasa revison 1 and I called and talked to dell and got them to send me a new one. They sent me a revision 5 and presto. No problem. I knew soemthing wasn't right about that and once I heard you guys saying you did not have the same problem I jsut figured I have to go for another and see and that was it. Stoked now. Maybe I'll get an X1900XT just cause I can now :)

Back