Dell 2209WA dumpster find, is it fixable?

Bladestorm

[H]ard|Gawd
I found a Dell 2209WA sitting on our scrap pile at work. It had the note you see in the pictures on it. I hooked it up and it worked fine for a few minutes, but then this happened. I know next to nothing about repairing monitors. Any idea what the problem is, and is it worth my time trying to fix it?

1_177.jpg

2_58.jpg

3_41.jpg

Looks like a bad IC. Might be overheating and causing the display distortion you see.

You can take the display apart and check for bad caps. If it turns out to be blown cap, it's an easy fix.

100% free. Now I have to find a use for it. I really don't need dual screens at work, but hey, why not right?

It's probably still in warranty... they have a 3 year warranty and I think the model is newer than that...

I found a Dell 2209WA sitting on our scrap pile at work. It had the note you see in the pictures on it. I hooked it up and it worked fine for a few minutes, but then this happened. I know next to nothing about repairing monitors. Any idea what the problem is, and is it worth my time trying to fix it?

This is so unfair.

Back