Dell 12.1 ultraportable 579 @dell.com

Sweet jesus that's one HELL of a price reduction... $907 off... holy frak I wish I could get one of these... wow, just, wow. Some will be pissy about the Core Solo ULV in it, but I'd take that machine right now over any Netbook on the market today including the Samsung models. Crap I miss out again... :p

Of course, it'll be later today when we discover this is a major pricing pooch screw and Dell won't honor it, so maybe I'm not missing out after all. hehe

If you jump on that, make sure to upgrade to a 5400RPM drive. I had one of these (with a C2D) a couple years ago and it was slower than molasses with the standard 4200RPM drive.

It's not listed on the product pages and the search function says they discontinued that model and might not be honored. Just throwing that out there just in case.

Probably just leftovers. I've used a couple D420's with the Core Duos in them and they run very hot. Probably not that bad with only a Core Solo in there.

Actually, you can snag a better deal than this on ebay if you look around for these Dell's. I got my D420 for $300 shipped. Same Intel Graphics (GMA 950) on the D420/D430.

The 4200 RPM HDD is slow though. It is a 1.8" ZIF drive, so I'm sure you could put a SSD in there if you want.

Not even going to bother, dell already shafted everyone else out of the M1730 deal.

those things are slower that bananas. We have a good amount of them fully loaded with 5400rpm hd and they are slow. We are actually thinking about selling them

If you're going to buy that 12 inch dell with crappy specs you should just get this much beefier HP with far superior specs. :)
If you're not familiar with the processor (which shouldn't be surprising since it was released in April), it can run games like left4Dead and play 1080p movies. :D
Runs fairly hot if you do the above, so make sure to buy a laptop fan mat if you intend on using it for that!

http://www.staples.com/office/suppl...SID=163713-n-1&AID=10427441&partNumber=790035

* AMD Athlon™ Neo Processor for Ultrathin Notebooks MV-40
* 4GB installed memory
* 320GB hard drive
* External LightScribe SuperMulti 8X DVDñR/RW with Double Layer support
* 12.1" Diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP LED BrightView display
* Wireless LAN 802.11a/b/g/n WLAN
* 5-in-1 integrated Digital Media Reader
* Weight 3.81lbs
* Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit with Service Pack 1
* 1 year warranty
Video card not listed on staples site but also has a NVIDIA Geforce 9600M GT 512MB video card.

In before "repost, old deal, etc."

Actually, it is listed and it says:

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3410 Graphics with M82-SE LP

Still great for HD decoding though. :)

Thanks for posting, I've pointed a friend who was looking for something like that to it.

just pointing this out, frys has the same computer for the same price right now. Personally I am not impressed at the dv2 for it is a still a single core. If it was a dual core I would be all over it.

-------------------------

I personally have my eye on this laptop, I am trying to convince myself I don't need this. I rarely used my eee700 before giving to my brother, but part of me wants it.

Lenovo U110-7230uk (black)

Technical Specifications:

Operating System Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium 32 SP1
Processor Intel® Core™ 2 Duo L7500 processor ( 1.60GHz 800MHz 4MB )
Processor Speed 1.60 GHz
Processor Cache 4MB L2 Cache
Bus Speed 800MHz FSB
Memory 3GB DDR2 pc2-5300 667MHz System Memory (2 Dimm)
Video Graphics Mobile Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator x3100
Hard Drive 120GB (5400RPM) Hard Drive
Features 1.3 megapixel integrated camera
Multimedia Drive USB External Dual Layer DVD Recordable
Display 11.1" Widescreen LED Backlight WXGA VibrantView (1366 x 768)- LED Backlight Provides a longer backlight life for your screen with vibrant view.
Network Card Modem, 10/100M Ethernet
Wireless Option Intel® PRO/Wireless 4965a/g, Bluetooth
Digital Media 6-in-1 card reader(SD/SD pro/MS/MS pro/MMC/xD),
Audio 4 stereo speakers + 1 sub-woofer with Dolby® Home TheatreTM 2 Certification, Array Build in Microphone with Echo Cancellation and Noise Reduction
Included Software: VeriFace 2.5; EasyCapture 2.5; OneKey Recovery 4.65; Lenovo Energy Management Software 3.1; Adobe Reader 8.1; Power2GO 5.5; Shuttle Center 2.0; APS, Norton Antivirus 2007 (90 days of virus definitions); Microsoft/Lenovo portal; Microsoft Office Ready

Li-Ion Battery - 2 batteries(4-cell Li-Ion battery + 7-cell Li-Ion battery), Windows Vista® battery life up to 8 hrs(4cell battery: 2Hrs, 7-cell battery: 6Hrs)

External Notebook Ports

* 3 USB 2.0
* IEEE 1394
* VGA
* CIR
* Express Card
* Mini-PCIe Slot(WLAN)
* Microphone input jack
* Headphone jack

for $807.49

Back