• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Degrading vantage scores?

Rizen

[H]F Junkie
2FA
Joined
Jul 16, 2000
Messages
9,509
Does anyone else find that their Vantage score drops a few hundred points after a few days? I've been trying to figure out why this is, either Windows updates, games from Steam installing updates to DirectX/PhysX runtimes, etc etc.

When I first put together my current system I consistently pulled 18310 3DMarks in Vantage Extreme mode. Now I pull around 17900, and I am using the same setup/drivers/clockspeeds.

Obviously this isn't a big deal but from a benchmarking and tuning perspective this is annoying as it's hard to measure if what I am doing is having a positive effect.

Reinstalling the OS will fix the problem, so it's not a hardware issue.

I tried reinstalling 10.6, reinstalling Vantage, rolling back the Windows updates..

The only thing I can think of is perhaps RadeonPro is changing or modifying some registry settings that are impacting Vantage.
 
Yea, I am experiencing similar problems. I first had a trial copy of 3dMark and Pcmark and scored 18900 now since I've purchased it I can barely get over 18100. I can't really come up with a reason as to why this is happening for me. It's really hit or miss.
 
Back
Top