Defyant Watercooled rigs

Defyant

Limp Gawd
Hey guys !

Got told i should post these here , so im more than happy to oblige :)

Gateway dual Xeon

whoops soz guys tooo big...will resize and u'load again asap

HPRES1

IMG_2530.jpg

IMG_2537.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_3256.jpg

hey defyant, where did you get that retaining clip for the res that holds it in place (metal bracket?) on the HPRES II

Someone sticky this thread! This man is a WC'in mad scientist! :eek:

Wow, thats some amazing work!! I've seen your worklogs in the Case Modding section. Always very interesting reads!

Hoobie :)

Krazy_Joe said:
hey defyant, where did you get that retaining clip for the res that holds it in place (metal bracket?) on the HPRES II

Someone sticky this thread! This man is a WC'in mad scientist! :eek:

hey mate! i made those from plex, the straps are cut strips palstic , holes are drilled and threads tappped then the tubes are just screw clamped in.

sweet work mane. not what i would use as a comp[uter but beautiful nonetheless and inspiration to any ways i might set my computer up

Nice work mate, you're an inspiration for us water-plexi lovers!

Regarding your custom reservoirs, the flat inserts in the tube res's, are they there to reduce turbulence, reduce air, or just for fun? I'm designing a res that's about 190mm tall, 50mm in diameter and I'm a bit mystified if air bubbles will be created and then sucked in through the pump.

By the way, you've set the bar! :eek:

I've been a fan for a long time.

You do great work. I especially like the SLB you did for your son.

Glad you've posted them here.

Hey defyant, Where do you get your plexy from? I was looking at mcmaster and it looks like they have some ok prices. Also what size are the tubes on your HPRES II? looks like 2 1/2 or 3 inch tubes. Also what kind of tools do you recommend I get for working with plexy(ie drill bits, hole saws, thread tool)? Also where is a good place to get them(mcmaster?). Im wanting to build some res like yours but maybe add some of my own ideas in as well.

Thanx heeps guys :) i do love water cooling :D

Mysterae said:
Nice work mate, you're an inspiration for us water-plexi lovers!

Regarding your custom reservoirs, the flat inserts in the tube res's, are they there to reduce turbulence, reduce air, or just for fun? I'm designing a res that's about 190mm tall, 50mm in diameter and I'm a bit mystified if air bubbles will be created and then sucked in through the pump.

By the way, you've set the bar! :eek:

Cheers Mysterae, thy are mostly for show :) the "inner tubes" help more with turbulance,

you prolly only need to use the one inner tube, but i think it looks more balanced with 2.

You could "do away" with the inner tubes altogther and just run a "divider" that runs up the middle of the res to about half way.

I just dont think this looks as good as the inner tubes.

Nettwerk said:
Damn fine machines sir...

btw: you selling any of those tube res's?

thanx Nettwerk :) . no matter how well i build a res, theres always the chance!!! that they can spring a leek,,,, if i stuff up on one of my own sys ! not such a big deal.

but if one went "kaput" in your sys mate, i'd hate myself forever,,,, you prolly would too :)

for that reason i try not to sell them :)

WarlordBB , cheers man, i still love looking at the old slb case :)Zak's moved onto Storm'd and SLB has a new owner here in syd :)

thelostrican , cheers mate :)

Krazy_Joe , its hard for me to advise you where to buy stuff from soz mate, i'm downunder in the land of didgerydoos and roos, i have seen an online place? but im notsure where they will send too.

The tools i use to make the tanks are actually quiet crude :p

All the 50mm OD tube comes from www.plastix.com.au i buy it cut to lenght, its the only way to make sure they are even cut.

The glue i use is a solvent based glue, a very thin acetone type glue called Dichloromethane (Methylene chloride)

the bases for the res's as cut from solid 10mm+ plex and hand sanded sqr on a sheet of glass using sandpaper.

the holes are cut using a 12mm HSS drill and 1/4" BSB tapp is used to cut the threads for the barbs,

The inner tubes are 12mm pex tube thats just cut to size and glued in.

for the joiner tube, i use a smaller 10mm drill, then hand reem the holes to an exact almost press-tight fit for some more of the 12mm plex tube.then just run a beed of glue around the joins.

For brackets what i do is stand the tubes on one solid peice of plex, mark rings around the tubes, then cut the marked plex peice in half, this gives me 2 brackets!

You can then decide how to vlamp and mount your brackets.

I promise to get a proper how too done soon, but hope this helps a bit in the mean time :)

what do you use to attach the plexi together on your resevoirs? it looks so.....professional :D.

great work.

Defyant said:
Cheers Mysterae, thy are mostly for show :) the "inner tubes" help more with turbulance, you prolly only need to use the one inner tube, but i think it looks more balanced with 2.

You could "do away" with the inner tubes altogther and just run a "divider" that runs up the middle of the res to about half way.

I just dont think this looks as good as the inner tubes.

Cheers Defyant, I don't know yet what I'm going to do as yet - I may use a divider. I was thinking of a ball of some sort (think ping pong ball kinda idea) to float on the surface and take some of the energy, and to create a 'calm' area underneath. Stick a light sensor looking through the perspex below the ball, wired to a buzzer and you got a low coolant level warning alarm :) When the coolant level drops, so does the ball, breaking the light barrier. It's more wires though :rolleyes:

Defyant said:
thanx Nettwerk :) . no matter how well i build a res, theres always the chance!!! that they can spring a leek,,,, if i stuff up on one of my own sys ! not such a big deal.

but if one went "kaput" in your sys mate, i'd hate myself forever,,,, you prolly would too :)

for that reason i try not to sell them :)
I'll take that chance, you do such great work that I'd still be proud of to use one. :)

Back