Defective DP cable?

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
So last night while gaming my monitor crapped out. Wasn't getting any picture to come up over display port. It has been acting up by randomly losing G-SYNC A quick input change would fix it tho. I tried different DP on my 1080ti and still nothing. Went to hook using a HDMI cable and picture came back. It stuck at 50hz and no G-SYNC of course. What's the chances that it is the cable and not the port on the monitor? I ordered a new cable but it won't be here til tomorrow. The monitor is a AOC AGON AG352UCG 35".

Could be the input on the monitor. Do you have another monitor with DisplayPort to test? AOC don't have a stellar reputation when it comes to quality.

I've had about 1 out of every 5 DP cables end up being bad. Most of the bad ones came in the same box as the monitor.

I just got home and not I'm am not getting a image on the HDMI port. I dug out a old HDMI monitor and the same thing. Looks like the video card out puts bit the dust. Windows is loaded and can hear sounds just no image.

Hmm after a couple reboots both DP and HDMI to the other monitor are working again x.x Guess it is the 1080ti having issues.

Back