Deep Down (working title) PS4

looks pretty sweet.. but the "share" thing near the end had me going :rolleyes:

they really try hard to push that feature... will it be fun? maybe, but I think they overestimate how often it'll actually be used

There is no way that is in engine gameplay for the final game. Or is there :eek:
Better not assume anything at this point and just wait until final release and home-made videos

Remember when they first showed Killzone? Sony is full of shit. Don't believe ANYTHING Sony shows or says until the actual product releases and reviews start coming out. Sony has really dissappointed me over the last 7 years. From the PS3 to PSP to Vita. Sony has made a shit load of mistakes with each of those and I vowed the Vita was the last Sony console I buy on launch day. I am excited about the PS4's more developer friendly model shown so far (taking that with a grain of salt), and I think Sony is overdoing it with the social networking aspect of the PS4. It'll just be yet another unsupported and forgotten about pet project of Sony's.

I mean, seriously, how many of you use Playstation Home. I played bowling a few times and I was done a month after it launched. I just want some decent games for god's sake.

Remember all the stuff Sony showed for the PS3Eye? How you'll be able to make your own games. I remember a Sony engineer drawing on a blank canvas and the item coming to life in 3D and being able to create levels just by drawing in front of the camera...

Killzone E3 2007 vs now.

killzone2-e3-vs-now.jpg

The whole thing looks pre-rendered to me.
Even the highest-end PC game engines don't have real-time faces that look that good.
Something tells me that if they were intent on showing gameplay they would've had a real HUD and they would've skipped the stylized camera shots.
That said, this looks like the kind of game I would enjoy, though.

A few of those scenes looked like actual gameplay but the rest (the majority) looked possibly pre-rendered. Fire, and water to some extent, still looks quite fake in games so I'd be pretty impressed if the scene at the end was real-time.

You should know how this stuff goes by now. They demo something that looks fantastic but the final product needs to be toned down to actually run at a playable framerate.

I can't remember where I saw it, but Capcom/devs working on the game showed a few pics of that Deep Down demo they showed but from different angles saying it was being rendered real time. So who knows.

Don't see why not. Check out come Beyond Two Souls videos. That's only PS3 and looks almost as good as this.

Is it pre-rendered? I'm sure it is. Is it using in-game models and textures? I'm sure it is.

The game is still going to look phenomenal.

Capcom said this was in game real time rendering on the PS4. So many assumptions here...its real guys calm down. You have to remember the PS4 specs here...games like this are totally possible.

The red flag on that being in-game footage is that there's no hud and the camera is stylized. It could in theory be real-time animation, but I still have my doubts. Right now that's head and shoulders above 99% of PC games and it's running at a good clip with vsync clearly on as well.
I hope it's real, but I bet we end up with something that isn't quite there. I'm curious if it's interlaced to make it look more "animated."

The red flag on that being in-game footage is that there's no hud and the camera is stylized.

Well, that is a trend in some video games lately, one that I particularly like

I can't remember where I saw it, but Capcom/devs working on the game showed a few pics of that Deep Down demo they showed but from different angles saying it was being rendered real time. So who knows.

I remember that too. It was in the deep down thread on neogaf. There was a rubber figurine in the foreground. I don't know why people are shocked a big next gen console engine looks better than anything we've seen from current PC games. It's how it usually goes.

Just remember folks, there have been other demos like this that were technically rendered realtime but no game from the console ever reached that kind of realism. That doesn't mean this is bogus or anything, just keep it in mind and take it with a grain of salt. And please, for Pete's sake, don't pre-order something based on pre-release footage.

Just remember folks, there have been other demos like this that were technically rendered realtime but no game from the console ever reached that kind of realism. That doesn't mean this is bogus or anything, just keep it in mind and take it with a grain of salt. And please, for Pete's sake, don't pre-order something based on pre-release footage.

Heavy Rain started as a tech demo for PS3 so it's not impossible

The whole thing looks pre-rendered to me.
Even the highest-end PC game engines don't have real-time faces that look that good.
Something tells me that if they were intent on showing gameplay they would've had a real HUD and they would've skipped the stylized camera shots.
That said, this looks like the kind of game I would enjoy, though.

It's actual gameplay you can see the item selection menu scrolling on the bottom left. Although, I believe the gameplay is some form of quick time event, but if it isn't that's pretty damn impressive to say the least

Last edited:
The faces make me think (if it's indeed gameplay) they are using tech similar to LA Noire's facial technology.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL9wsEFohTw

Where they use real actors and scan their faces, getting tiny animation details and things. The textures look more higher res though (obviously).

IS the AI turned off in that video?

Guy literally runs into a creature and it doesn't even attack him or notice, then he breaks a stone column behind him and he has no reaction either.

Really hope sound and things plays a part in the AI, if you come running up behind a monster in armor and are clanking about they should react.

That lighting and shading looked quite impressive though.

Sounding good. If it has Dragon's Dogma like gameplay/combat, I'll be very pleased.

Thanks for links Omi, it had been so long since Capcom talked about it I had completely forgotten about this game.

I was so hyped for this game, but the lack of any news or progress is so disheartening. This thing is vaporware IMO.

I remember reading rumors somewhere that this was going to be free to play with microtransactions a while back. That's what killed the game for me.

I for one am shocked that this game never came out :p
When something looks too good to be true (on a console), it nearly always is.

LOL, at this point it's probably more likely to come out on the PS5. Not only have they dragged their feet on the project, that tech demo still looks better than pretty much any PS4 game to date.

Back