Deciding between two monitors

Requiem

Limp Gawd
I'm currently trying to decide between two monitors to pair with a 21.5" display.

This monitor on Newegg seems really nice and comes to 171.59 (plus an additional 20$ rebate) shipped.

This refurbished ViewSonic monitor comes to 139.09 shipped.

I use my monitors for watching movies, gaming, and data analysis/coding. I've never had an IPS display, will I notice much of a difference in my applications? The refurbished monitor only has a ~60 day warranty I think so that's the main thing that worries me... Any suggestions? Thanks!

How did you come to narrow your choices down to these two? I think IPS is definitely the way do go.... viewing angles alone ought to seal the deal. However, I think you could do better in the $150 range if you're willing to buy used.

The Newegg monitor is the best-reviewed monitor on Newegg and the 20$ discount made it seem like a really good deal. I found the other one in the Hot Deals section today, but now it's sold out... I need this monitor to last at least three years so I'm somewhat skeptical of buying used, but what displays would you suggest for 150$?

I think I'm going to go with this Acer monitor from Amazon. It's the cheapest well-reviewed 22" screen I could find and I think it meets all my criteria.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I think I'm going to go with this Acer monitor from Amazon. It's the cheapest well-reviewed 22" screen I could find and I think it meets all my criteria.

Going to order this tonight unless anyone has any other suggestions!

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back