Deciding between 2 drives.

AjFreimuth

[H]ard|Gawd
Trying to pick a 2tb NVME drive. I'm currently looking at these 2. Which would you all recommend or if you recommend something else in the same price range let me know also.

The reviews I was able to find on both they look to perform pretty well and they both has good specs also. If you recommend something different I'm looking for 2tb right about $150 or less. This will be a game/storage drive.

https://www.amazon.com/Lexar-Professional-Heatsink-Creators-LNM800P002T-RN8NG/dp/B0B7KMR3MH

https://www.amazon.com/Corsair-MP600-NVMe-PCIe-Gen4/dp/B09Q2NCFS7

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
either would be fine but id go with the corsair. lexar is good for sd and flash drives, just not familiar with their ssds.

I agree. Go with the Corsair. They are known in the SSD world and have top notch warranty support. Lexar is unknown for me.

I ended up going with 2 drives.
Corsair MP600 PRO LPX to replace my current 256 Sandisk OS Drive, and Corsair MP600 Pro XT for my storage/game drive.

Now to see what the best way or software to clone my current OS drive so I don't have to do a fresh windows install.
aomei backupper (free) should clone it no prob. key is to do the clone with only the boot drive and target connected. then power off and remove the old boot, put the new one in its place and boot up off the new clone. do not leave the old boot connected or it will all go sideways, possibly...

aomei backupper (free) should clone it no prob. key is to do the clone with only the boot drive and target connected. then power off and remove the old boot, put the new one in its place and boot up off the new clone. do not leave the old boot connected or it will all go sideways, possibly...

Thanks, while eating dinner watched a video of JayzTwoCents and that's the exact program he was using.

Thanks, while eating dinner watched a video of JayzTwoCents and that's the exact program he was using.
However, beware that JTC is just an AI-powered clone of JayZ the rapper, which substitutes a little techno-babble for his pimpbo-babble, so take that for what it's worth, hehehehe :)

j/k

As for the drives, yes either would be fine, but I tend to like Corsair's stuff too....mainly cause I have used many of their other products (ram, fans, cases etc) neveranottaproblemo....

I would go with a better brand like WD or samsung if you can, but if these are the only two choices, then Corsair.

As far as cloning, I'd use clonezilla off a live cd/usb--this way you have an offline image of your drive too.

That's a decent price, but since the "takeover", I refuse to buy anything from that place, and the WD SN850x can be had for around that too, either direct from WD or da "Zonner....

Don't say I didn't warn ya :D
Yeah, you have to look out once a company is chinese as bait and switch and other shenanigans are the goal. I think in the future, buying direct will be the only way to go until this invasion is pushed back somehow...

I did go with the Corsair drives, I also ended up using macrium to clone the drive's without any issues. I did my OS drive, and my backup drives.

Going from my older Sandisk NVME drive that was about the same speed as an 2.5" SSD everything shows an improved response and performance. Very happy with my upgrade.

Yes prices of NVME drives are all going crazy right now and if I had continued to wait I could have possibly got another brand or the same ones cheaper. But then again they could start going up so I felt the time and price was right and I'm happy with what I have.

Over on BB there selling now for $159 and they were going for $149 about 10 days ago. I think I will pick up a pair of 990 pro 2 TB for $179 each. 😁

I would go with SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB one of the best Gen4 ssds, i really wished they had a 4tb version, but for $150 imo would be my pick.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
NVME drives are getting dirt cheap.

Just bought a 980 Pro for my 9900K rig (retiring 2 1 TB drives in Raid 0 that have 70k hours on them)... so yeah limited to PCI 3.0 for now.. Will probably upgrade with a 14th gen Intel later this year or early next if the reviews are compelling.. but no hurry, what I have is plenty fast for now.

I also have 3 and 4 TB 7200 RPM drives for backups / cold data.

For comparison on PCI 3.0:

I have an Inland Premium 1 TB: (I also have a 512GB P31 as a boot drive).
1687828689536.png

and here is the 980 Pro 2 TB: (just got through installing it right now on a PCIE x4 adapter card since my other MB slots are taken)
1687828670750.png

Last edited:
NVME drives are getting dirt cheap.

Just bought a 980 Pro for my 9900K rig (retiring 2 1 TB drives in Raid 0 that have 70k hours on them)... so yeah limited to PCI 3.0 for now.. Will probably upgrade with a 14th gen Intel later this year or early next if the reviews are compelling.. but no hurry, what I have is plenty fast for now.

I also have 3 and 4 TB 7200 RPM drives for backups / cold data.

For comparison on PCI 3.0:

I have an Inland Premium 1 TB: (I also have a 512GB P31 as a boot drive).
View attachment 579638

and here is the 980 Pro 2 TB: (just got through installing it right now on a PCIE x4 adapter card since my other MB slots are taken)
View attachment 579637
Yea, Microcenter is practically giving away the Gen3.0 drives right now, especially the Intel 670P series.

The Inland Gen4 Performance Plus series is a bargain powerhouse atm:

2tb https://www.microcenter.com/product...d-tlc-nand-pcie-gen-4-x4-nvme-m2-internal-ssd

https://www.microcenter.com/product...ompatible-with-ps5-internal-solid-state-drive

Back