Debating on upgrading raptors...

Sparkyy

[H]ard|Gawd
I am currently running an old P4 3.0 GHz computer, agp vid card etc all from early 2000, currently looking to upgrade to a new C2D, PCI-E vid card all new toys.
Well I am debating on whether or not I should upgrade my hard drives too, I am running the first gen raptors 74gb in RAID 0 and have been for 2 1/2 yrs with not one single glitch or hiccup *knock on wood*, for those that said RAID 0 is bad, I have it imaged every night to a server so it won't matter much too me if it goes.
Now, should I spring for 1 new drive, keep a 74 for OS and a new one for everything or just keep my two raptors but as seperate drives in this new computer?
Tryin to save a little money but hey if a new drive merits me a few more seconds gaming then I am up for it.
TIA!

I'd break the array (but back up your information first). Have the OS and programs on one, and then your games on the second drive.

Thanks for that link Old Hippie, nice to see that even though there is a newer 74 raptor out there, it is not all the much better then my 1st gen one, wouldn't expect it to be but nice to see that it is not.

I think that idea is best though protias to just break up the array, OS and main programs on the main drive and all my games and downloads on the second drive.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for that link Old Hippie, nice to see that even though there is a newer 74 raptor out there, it is not all the much better then my 1st gen one, wouldn't expect it to be but nice to see that it is not.

I know.....but I couldn't resist buying one for my new build. :D

Back