Dear Valve: I hate you. -Sincerely, My Wallet

Just picked up Evil Genius. $2.50 is certainly impulse buy territory. Liked the demo when I played it a long time ago but never got around to buying the full game.

Same here, even if it sucks it is still worth $2.50

I bought Mirror's Edge, but the servers must be getting hammered. I am getting 15-30 KBps. I usually get 1 MB/s.

Is Mirror's Edge worth it? I'm thinking of getting Quantz, Monkey Island... those seem like good deals!

Today was a great deal.

I brought:
Mirror´s Edge - Gonna play this first, played the demo and it was interesting game.
Riddick - Loved the first game, and like the Riddick movies.
Monkey Island Special Edition - no words are needed

Three hopefully great games for 16 euro, awesome great price.

Dear Valve,
Please end the sales. This past week you have shown me that if a game is under $3, it pretty much gets purchased sight unseen, and anything under $10 gets serious consideration. Stop nickle and diming me dammIT! You realized I would not give you $50 for a game, so you found another way to take my $50. Ok, you win... STOP!

Dear Valve,
Please end the sales. This past week you have shown me that if a game is under $3, it pretty much gets purchased sight unseen, and anything under $10 gets serious consideration. Stop nickle and diming me dammIT! You realized I would not give you $50 for a game, so you found another way to take my $50. Ok, you win... STOP!

When you throw in the fact that you can keep your credit card info on file, it just gets ridiculous :LOL: It takes like 3 seconds to buy a game and start downloading it. A big part of why Steam both sucks and kicks ass at the same time :D

I just swooped up mirrors edge. I'll give it a spin after i'm done with dragon age... Or maybe after my second, or third play through of dragon age.. Dragon age is an amazing game:)

So far I've purchased Battlefield 2, Riddick, Mirrors Edge, and Batman.

Bye bye bank account. :p

So far I've purchased Battlefield 2, Riddick, Mirrors Edge, and Batman.

Bye bye bank account. :p
I got mirrors edge, batman, and purchased the i7 860/biostar mobo combo frys had on saturday. I also had to pick up a 4gb gskill ddr3 kit as well. My bank account was nuked this past weekend.

OK so am I missing something? It seems like Steam doesn't support background downloading, i.e., if I'm playing a game, whatever I'm downloading stops?

If so, I am :unamused: :(

Jumped on Mirror's Edge for $5. I had a feeling Mirror's Edge would be one of the games on sale. I was kinda hoping UT3 would go on sale too (for $10, I would've bought it, if only for instagib with bots, lol)

When you throw in the fact that you can keep your credit card info on file, it just gets ridiculous :LOL: It takes like 3 seconds to buy a game and start downloading it. A big part of why Steam both sucks and kicks ass at the same time :D

THIS!

It takes about 2 minutes to go from considering the game, to already playing it >.<
With so many games under $10 bucks it's hard to resist impulse buying.

Anyone tried Quantz yet? I'm not normally one for puzzle games, but for $2 I'm curious :p

Too bad about Riddick and that DRM bullcrap. I would have bought it if it wasn't for the 3 install over the lifetime limit. Picked up Mirrors Edge and Monkey Island instead. Excellent deals, I really hope that they do it again soon for Christmas. I managed to pick up quite a few games that I have had my eye on for a while now.

Too bad about Riddick and that DRM bullcrap. I would have bought it if it wasn't for the 3 install over the lifetime limit. Picked up Mirrors Edge and Monkey Island instead. Excellent deals, I really hope that they do it again soon for Christmas. I managed to pick up quite a few games that I have had my eye on for a while now.

Yep, not picking up Riddick for the same reason. Not really sure on Monkey Island yet, though.

i have mirrors edge , quantz and evil genius in my cart. Im still wondering if i should click the purchase button

Looks like all the sales are over now maybe? No more special sale ads on the steam site.

i purchase everything in my cart

within this sale i bought

3x madballs in babo = 22$(last sales was off deal limit sadly)
1x quantz = 2$
1x evil genius = 2.49
1x mirrors edge = 5$
1x osmos = 2$
1x plants vs zombie = 5$

for a biiiig 38.49$. Thats a lot of games for 40$!

Back