• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

Dear sirs, Primary IDE controller not working in windows ME, buggery!

Twisted Logic

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 9, 2004
Messages
65
Dear Members of the Hardforums community.

My name is the honorable sir Wilfred Laurier, I live in the british commonwealth nation of canada.

Onto the subject at hand.

I am the unhappy owner of a dell computation machine, I have been dissapointed by this product so far; especially since, to my dismay, i descovered that my primary ide controller on my Intel 845 chipset was not working. The secondary contoller works satisfactory and is using the same drivers as the primary. I have vigorously attempted to install different vintages of drivers, the 2003 having the best flavour, to no avail.
I furthermore have proof that it is indeed possible to rouse this device, since only a few minutes ago my dvd-rom sprang into life after reinstalling the drivers for the primary ide controller. However, once rebooted the drive had vanished...the primary controller once again was reporting to my in the Device Manager "This device is either not present, not working, or does not have all the drivers installed". The device works bloody perfectly in DOS!

So I once again ask you my fellow Genlemen, if you have heard of such an odd goings-on and have thoughts pertaining to remedying this disconcerting status-quo.

P.S.
I will not and can not migrate to another OS
 
Twisted Logic said:
Dear Members of the Hardforums community.

My name is the honorable sir Wilfred Laurier, I live in the british commonwealth nation of canada.
...

I thought it was spelled Honourable?

and why are you an honourable person?
 
I Am Very Angry!!! It's written both ways!!!!

ARSCHLOCH!!!!

It's my title, it does not refer to my character, in fact I would rather enjoy rearranging your face.
 
ROFLMAO....frickin great post....

I furthermore have proof that it is indeed possible to rouse this device
My favorite part. You have been sigged.
 
Twisted Logic said:
I Am Very Angry!!! It's written both ways!!!!

ARSCHLOCH!!!!

It's my title, it does not refer to my character, in fact I would rather enjoy rearranging your face.
I would like to say...

wtf?
 
It’s been a bit since I played with win 9X however I remember there is a fix for your (computer’s) problem in the Microsoft knowledge base. If I recall it had to do with drive assignments. A quick search should find your answer.

An un-aroused device is a terrible thing to waste :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top