[DEAD] WTB: Network Cable Tracer / Tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terillius

Gawd
I'm looking for a good deal on a network cable tracer. I need one with multiple numbered remotes I can plug in on the other side.

I like the Fluke Microscanner, but anything similar will work. I don't need advanced testing - just the cable identification.

I have iPad 2 and 4 for trade. Also, a Thinkpad Carbon X1 laptop.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
you should be able to pick up a generic tone generator and probe at Harbor Freight in the mid-20s
Code:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cable-tracker-94181.html

of course, like all Chinesium devices, ymmv

you should be able to pick up a generic tone generator and probe at Harbor Freight in the mid-20s
Code:
http://www.harborfreight.com/cable-tracker-94181.html

of course, like all Chinesium devices, ymmv

That will only let him do one cable at a time

That will only let him do one cable at a time
then get more than one though modification of the tone generator would be required so that they all have a unique signal frequency (or function so that it "sounds" different)

then get more than one though modification of the tone generator would be required so that they all have a unique signal frequency (or function so that it "sounds" different)

I guess that would work if I were stuck on Apollo 13, but those only have two different tones. The kits I'm looking at have from 6 - 20 different remotes.

I'm looking for a good deal on a network cable tracer. I need one with multiple numbered remotes I can plug in on the other side.

I like the Fluke Microscanner, but anything similar will work. I don't need advanced testing - just the cable identification.

I might have something.... Let me look and see, otherwise, ttt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back