HardOCP News
[H] News
- Joined
- Dec 31, 1969
- Messages
- 0
The developers of Dead Space 3 are talking up voice commands using the Kinect. I'm not sold on it and, to be honest, the people in this video don't look sold on it either.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
The real reason this isn't going to take off is because of the high-estrogen levels caused by the incredibly fatty foods the majority of the video game consuming population eats. This in turn gives one an awkward and high voice that even they themselves don't want to hear. Now if you sound like Bruce Campbell sure, hell I would rather watch Bruce play video games with voice commands instead of playing them myself.
Best implementation I can see for this you have one or two assignable special abilities to the buttons or the triggers. But it's limited and to change them you need to pause the game, go into the menu and re-assign them. Being able to "assign 2 fireball" and have it assign a new skill to the 2nd trigger without going through menus would be great, save time and improve the game play. As it is now I believe most of these, if not all, commands are done as fast if not faster on the controller, except for giving the partner items.
Fact is this should be a headset feature and not listed as kinect. It was a good feature in Socom but that was 11 years ago on the ps2.
I wonder when using buttons/keys will be considered too much work...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qCSSBEXBCbY