• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

Dead PC- need help

Wingnut225

n00b
Joined
Nov 26, 2011
Messages
22
Hello,
I've got a pc that I built over a year ago and all has been fine. I recently shut it down and simply unplugged it form the back of the power supply. Two days latter, I plugged it back in and nothing happens. No fans spinning or anything running. I do see the power light and reset button illuminated on the mother board and have pressed them but still nothing. I can't figure out why this thing won't start up. The mother board is an Asus P8Z68-V Pro and power supply is a Corsair Tx650. Any suggestions?

Edit: I just unplugged everything, hdds, fans, two of the four sticks (left in a2,b2). I also plugged in another psu of the exact same model from an older pc I have and still nothing. Also, reseated the CPU.
 
Last edited:
Did you reset the CMOS?
Did you start the PC using the screwdriver method?
 
That did it! All it took was to reset the CMOS. Ok, now why after a year and a half of no issues would this happen? What is the cause? BTW, thanks so much for your response!
 
Honestly don't know why it occurs. I just accept it as one of those little PC quirks that one gets use to over time.
 
Back
Top