- Joined
- Jun 12, 2005
- Messages
- 3,007
Hiya,
I just built a new gaming system based around the EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW and an E8500, and I am currently testing two different sets of memory. The original memory I got is OCZ OCZ2N800SR4GK (DDR2-800, 5-4-4-15, 2.1v). The board is capable of running DDR2-1066, so I got a Mushkin 996599 set (DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15, 2.1v).
With the Mushkin memory configured at the proper manual settings in the BIOS, it is barely faster than the OCZ, using SiSoft Sandra's memory bandwidth benchmark. The Mushkin was around $40 more than the OCZ, and I am just not seeing the benefits at this point.
Is there anything I can do to improve the performance? Am I expecting too much of a jump from 800 to 1066?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
I just built a new gaming system based around the EVGA nForce 750i SLI FTW and an E8500, and I am currently testing two different sets of memory. The original memory I got is OCZ OCZ2N800SR4GK (DDR2-800, 5-4-4-15, 2.1v). The board is capable of running DDR2-1066, so I got a Mushkin 996599 set (DDR2-1066, 5-5-5-15, 2.1v).
With the Mushkin memory configured at the proper manual settings in the BIOS, it is barely faster than the OCZ, using SiSoft Sandra's memory bandwidth benchmark. The Mushkin was around $40 more than the OCZ, and I am just not seeing the benefits at this point.
Is there anything I can do to improve the performance? Am I expecting too much of a jump from 800 to 1066?
Thanks in advance for any advice.
