DD-WRT ver2.4 (or "where have I been?!")

RagingSamster

2[H]4U
OMG with Comcasts upcoming caps, I was looking for a tool to monitor my usage.

My Linksys WRT54Gv4 has been rock solid since I first loaded V2.3 over a year ago, and I didn't pay much attention to it, because it worked. Someone mentioned that the newest version of firmware had the features I was looking for. If you haven't updated your DDWRT firmware recently, what are you waiting for?

I searched the forum for any posts refering to the new version, couldn't find any so this post is in the true spirit of public service!

Go here ---> http://dd-wrt.com/dd-wrtv3/ <--- Go here

Nice, I didn't realise it had bandwidth usage tracking. Been running v24 on my WRT350N for about 3 weeks now without any problems.

Yep, the current version (v24) has a bandwidth tool for both lan, wan, and wireless.
Been running it on my Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 since it was released (which I believe was sometime in July).

It measures current throughput as well as overall bandwidth usage. Very nice :).

I was thinking it would be nice to have a feature like this and was surprised when I updated my wrt54g to v24 a while back.

Run Tomato instead. DD-WRT charges for some versions even though the DD-WRT project itself has provided very little code that is used, the rest mostly being GPL, and they don't release the source when they modify it.

Tomato is faster and lighter. I've run both on a handful of WRT54G boxes.

I've been putting off DD-WRT for years, but finally decided to do it tonight after reading this. I had to use DD-WRT micro for my WRT54G 6.0, but it installed flawlessly and is working awesome.

Back