DC Vault

Looked @ Poem and Proteins so far. Could not find a team with our name in any combo I searched for. I found this list of projects for "HardOCP" and I found this list for [H]ardOCP. I finally found Poem on this list using [H]ard|OCP.

I still can't find us on Proteins. Somebody need to start compiling a list of Projects vs Team Name. I can start a spreadsheet if someone wants to help out with digging up and verifying the info. I can then post it on my Rapidshare account once it's up to date. I can link in directly to the Team page on each project which will make it WAY easier to get to the proper team..

The 2 sites I tried so far have a really crappy search function which basically requires knowing the EXACT name you're looking for. It might be a nice idea to standardize naming going forward. But I'm anal that way.. :p:D

Both posts at 1:45. Great minds think alike huh?

What can I say.. :D

You're quicker on the keyboard than me. But I'm better lookin'... :p

Joined Poem and trying to connect Boinc. Looks like their site may be down though. I can't get it in a browser either. I'll be in there shortly.

I'll start getting that list into a spreadsheet for updating.

Alright, I've got some skin in the game. First 4 POEM units will be done in just over half an hour. Still waiting to download work for Protein. The machine I attached Protein to is "overworked" according to BoincView. Damn things slackin' I think...:D

Here's the spreadsheet with what I have so far. Take a look and if you want to add any of the missing info feel free to do so. You can PM me for an email addy to send it back.

(edited 12/25 to point to the new permanent home of the DC Projects spreadsheet.)

ill help ya out alan.. ill just add them all to my project manager on boinc.. and basicly cycle through them to help out a little bit.. though the priority will be set on WCG..

Well I didnt find a team for the SHA1 Collision Search. I was going to make a new team and start processing a few WU's. Should we keep the team name 'HardOCP' like in WCG?

Maybe use that name for all new teams we create so its not so confusing? :confused:

Well I didnt find a team for the SHA1 Collision Search. I was going to make a new team and start processing a few WU's. Should we keep the team name 'HardOCP' like in WCG?

Maybe use that name for all new teams we create so its not so confusing? :confused:

Yeah, that's what we were talking about earlier. Going forward we really need to be more consistent in naming. I've started a few recently and Xilikon has started a few, and we've both been using [H]ard|OCP. Projects come and go, and there's easily 100 DC projects going, so team naming will never be complete.

What we need is something written in bold 30 point type making sure that everyone posts in this thread with their intentions before starting a team in ANY project. I don't want to stop anyone from doing anything, just make sure we have consistency in naming and every team gets annotated so there's no duplicate teams. As nomad8u pointed out earlier, and I can attest to, searching for a Horde presence in a lot of these projects isn't trivial.

10 -4.

I'd like to maybe dedicate a core to the SHA-1 project and maybe another smaller project that the team decides to try out (while keeping the rest of my cores on the Grid). I'll hold off in creating a team (i just created a user account) until a name is decided upon. As you and nomad mentioned - I agree it would be wise to use a consistent name form here on out when possible.

For what its worth [H]ard|OCP is good with me. :)

I'm in agreement with alan here. Maybe we could get this thread linked from the guide.

It might be a good idea to D/L the spreadsheet linked above and look at the hodge podge (is that really a word) of names so far. Then maybe we decide on a "pattern" going forward. It just makes it easier to find the teams.

Maybe a new thread for all the teams that we have

Project:X
Team name: [H]ard|OCP

Project:Y
Team name:[H]ard|OCP

Project:Z

Project:A
Team name:HardOCP

And a nice big not at the top that says all future name are [H]ard|OCP

It might be a good idea to D/L the spreadsheet linked above and look at the hodge podge (is that really a word) of names so far. Then maybe we decide on a "pattern" going forward. It just makes it easier to find the teams.

Nope brother nomad8u, "hodge podge" is not a word, actually it's two words (I think) :D

Seein' you're the "spread sheet" affectionaro (probably ain''t a word either, but you kow what I mean) would you please put all these client "jobber doobers" in a context us "dummies" can understand :confused:

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

Project:X
Team name: [H]ard|OCP

Project:Y

Project:Z

Project:A
Team name:HardOCP

This is probably the best route. Project, team name (and number if applicable), and team founder. I've already got 2/3 of it a few posts back.

Nope brother nomad8u, "hodge podge" is not a word, actually it's two words (I think) :D

Seein' you're the "spread sheet" affectionaro (probably ain''t a word either, but you kow what I mean) would you please put all these client "jobber doobers" in a context us "dummies" can understand :confused:

Folding and WCGing for the CURE

Linux, Windows and Mac is the OS definition. I noticed some of the projects don't support one or the other. So in the interest of saving someone some time if they only run Linux let's say I though it'd be good to include as we find out.

I don't really have "definitions" for all the projects if that's what you're asking. I did see a couple that don't run on Boinc though and thought that was something else good to know. I've got enough to babysit as it is w/o another client. (meaning Boinc/F@H etc.)

edited cause I hit the wrong button.... postus interuptus.

FYI Proteins@Home is down until at least the end of December. No work available.

SIMAP is also out of work until January 1st.

Ok I'll go with [H]ard|OCP. I'll probably setup the team in the morning unless there is a reason to wait longer. It looks like these WU's only take about 15 minutes. I suspended them all, didnt want to turn in WU's without having a team setup. :D

Ok I'll go with [H]ard|OCP. I'll probably setup the team in the morning unless there is a reason to wait longer. It looks like these WU's only take about 15 minutes. I suspended them all, didnt want to turn in WU's without having a team setup. :D

There's no reason to wait, go right ahead. I've tried every combination of letters and symbols I can think of to verify there is no Horde team.

Yeah I tried a bunch of combos too. It looks like their search page is a "contains" search. I tried a bunch of different combos even though nothing came up for 'Hard'.

Anyway this team is started. Team name is [H]ard|OCP if anyone cares to join in on the fun. Let me know what projects you guys are having good luck with and I'll throw a core at it. :) We boost that DC Vault ranking in no time. :D

Yeah I tried a bunch of combos too. It looks like their search page is a "contains" search. I tried a bunch of different combos even though nothing came up for 'Hard'.

Anyway this team is started. Team name is [H]ard|OCP if anyone cares to join in on the fun. Let me know what projects you guys are having good luck with and I'll throw a core at it. :) We boost that DC Vault ranking in no time. :D

Added to the list, and I'll go ahead and crunch a few to help seed the team.

Edit: It grabbed like 50 units, estimated at about 7 minutes each. lol

Second edit: 10 points for a unit? :D

hahaha. yeah mine did the same thing. :eek: They were estimated at 7 minutes but each one of mine are taking about 25 minutes. After crunching a few they have refined the estimated time.

Got this one crunchin' as well. I'm now actively crunchin' (besides WCG) Poem, CPDN and SHA-1.

Wherever the raiding party's headed next just point me in a direction... :D

I've also updated the DC Projects spreadsheet thanks to all the additional data in alan's new thread and some I've uncovered myself such as whether it's supported on Boinc or a separate client is required. The previous link to the spreadsheet is being updated as well to point to the current version.

Anybody that looks @ the spreadsheet and finds any of the missing info give a shout and I'll get it added.

Wow. So I started this thread and this is my second post, on the 3rd page. Damn I have been busy. This is exactly what I was looking for when I started the thread though. I just thought it was silly to have such a pitiful ranking if 5 people or so could work independently to get us up a bit. Once I get home in January I can switch some hardware over wherever I need to. Great effort!

Wow. So I started this thread and this is my second post, on the 3rd page. Damn I have been busy. This is exactly what I was looking for when I started the thread though. I just thought it was silly to have such a pitiful ranking if 5 people or so could work independently to get us up a bit. Once I get home in January I can switch some hardware over wherever I need to. Great effort!
Yep, significant developments since I last visited this thread. Great to see some major steps forward finally being made.

I'm in agreement with alan here. Maybe we could get this thread linked from the guide.

Sounds good to me, and we can throw the link to that spreadsheet in there - my thought here is that whoever starts the thread be one of our "commando" captains, and can edit the first post of the thread as updates come along/teams get added/etc - this plus a link from the guide will keep the info easy to find as things change... Any volunteers?

I'm happy to see someone besides me interested this time when it came up. Thanks for starting the thread, and thankfully it was started at the right time.

Sounds good to me, and we can throw the link to that spreadsheet in there - my thought here is that whoever starts the thread be one of our "commando" captains, and can edit the first post of the thread as updates come along/teams get added/etc - this plus a link from the guide will keep the info easy to find as things change... Any volunteers?

Mine wasn't good enough? :D

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1377963

The SHA-1 Collision Search Graz team is coming along nicely with a solid 4 way battle going. I'm #1 in another project, but it shouldn't last long. :D

The Poem@Home team is no longer a one horse race. Being on top doesn't matter much when its #1 out of 1.

Proteins@Home and SIMAP are without work until after the new year, but at least I'm not the only one sitting idle there.

LHC@Home is looking like a ghost town. A few sitting with no work done, and what looks like a few with some work done in the past with RACs dropping towards zero.

Climateprediction.net has jumped up a spot on the DC-Vault.

Einstein@Home has dropped one place.

I heard that SETI can run on nVidia GPU's. I'm checking it out now. Anyone interested in ET? :p

The CPDN unit I'm chewing on is huge. It's an 8 day schedule but is now down to 7.

I'm going to hold off pulling any more cores off WCG until closer to or at the end of the race. Depends on the next couple of days. I can jump over to LHC next and start putting in a few WU there in a couple of days. I haven't looked at the Vault in the past day or so to see what's most needed.

The SHA-1 Collision Search Graz team is coming along nicely with a solid 4 way battle going. I'm #1 in another project, but it shouldn't last long. :D

The Poem@Home team is no longer a one horse race. Being on top doesn't matter much when its #1 out of 1.

Proteins@Home and SIMAP are without work until after the new year, but at least I'm not the only one sitting idle there.

LHC@Home is looking like a ghost town. A few sitting with no work done, and what looks like a few with some work done in the past with RACs dropping towards zero.

Climateprediction.net has jumped up a spot on the DC-Vault.

Einstein@Home has dropped one place.

I heard that SETI can run on nVidia GPU's. I'm checking it out now. Anyone interested in ET? :p

if seti works in nvidia gpu's.. count me in..

if seti works in nvidia gpu's.. count me in..

Just make sure that you're running a recent enough BOINC client (SETI recommends 6.4.5). And so far its been running 2 WCG units and 2 GPU SETI units at the same time on my dual core. Very nice. :D

SETI isn't my thing really, so I'll be jumping on to next thing when these couple units I have finish. But it is nice to have another project that supports nVidia. It would be nice though if something else could run on ATI.

It's Christmas Eve and we're sitting here talking about SETI and SHA-1. How sad is that? :D

Edit: The CPU time and To Completion time are all screwy on the SETI GPU units, and I haven't been watching them to see how long they take, but its definitely less than 30min and it claimed 14 points.

arg,, its taking me for ever to download the crap for SETI.. its going to drive me insane....

eh as far as seti goes im only doing it for the points.. i could care less if the work actually finds communications from aliens..

welp 4 hours later finally got all the crap.. and relized it forces to use one of my cpu cores to run it.. so i dunno how long ill keep running seti because of that.. think i might go back to WCG on both cores and run F@H gpu client on my 8800GT again..

It's also interesting to note that SETI, GPUGRID and Einstein@Home aren't Windows only in their GPU support. And while looking at the thread on GPU support on the Einstein forum, I also noticed that The Lattice Project is working on GPU support. So it looks like nVidia owners will have quite a choice of projects available to them in the near future. Hopefully some projects will show some love for ATI soon.

Mine wasn't good enough? :D

My bad - somebody brought a bottle of rum to work yesterday... :rolleyes: As a wise man once said, don't drink and post, kids!

After all the family leaves, I'll start adding some of those to my BOINC manager and start rotating a core or two through them all!

I just sent in to add our teams for POEM@Home, Proteins@Home, SHA-1 Collision, SIMAP, and Spinhenge@Home. Hopefully they will take most if not all of these 5 submissions. This should give us a bump back into the top 100.

In other DC-Vault news, we're up in Climateprediction.net, Einstein@Home, Rosetta@Home, and WCG.

Im out of town for a few days for the holidays. I will make up for it when I get back and hop in on a couple of these projects. It was a tough thing to do but I actually shut down the farm when I left town. :( I'll be back up by Saturday. :) Good to hear we are up in those projects though!

It was a tough thing to do but I actually shut down the farm when I left town. :( I'll be back up by Saturday. :)

Shutdown? Oh the humanity! :D

Enjoy your holiday! We'll be here when you get back. ;)

I created a few more [H]ard|OCP teams this morning..
Cosmology@Home
MilkyWay@Home
QMC@Home
uFluids@Home
Docking@Home
ABC@Home

I joined all these team. I took a single unit in Cosmology, MilkyWay, Docking, and ABC. QMC and uFluids don't appear to be giving work right now.

Edit: Also added these teams to the official project list thread.

I just sent in to add our teams for POEM@Home, Proteins@Home, SHA-1 Collision, SIMAP, and Spinhenge@Home. Hopefully they will take most if not all of these 5 submissions. This should give us a bump back into the top 100.

POEM and SHA1were added. Proteins, SIMAP and Spinhenge weren't. And it appears we'll have to wait another update cycle to see the added points.

I joined all these team. I took a single unit in Cosmology, MilkyWay, Docking, and ABC. QMC and uFluids don't appear to be giving work right now.

Edit: Also added these teams to the official project list thread.
Thanks for adding those, I had forgot to do that.
I havn't recieved work from QMC yet either, after a few attempts I did get work from uFluids (it sends out a bunch then it adjusts it's times after you complete a few).
Edit: Strike that- I just got QMC work just after I posted that.

I did finally grab 2 ufluid units, one is done, the other is fighting for CPU time with everything else I grabbed a unit of today and WCG on much higher priority. I still haven't gotten a single QMC unit.

We're up 7 positions to #116 in the Vault! I've been denied twice now for SIMAP. Likely because I'm still the only one with credit until they have more work next month, none of us have points in proteins@home. I have no idea why spinhenge was a no go.

BTW, who is tr0ach? It's clearly someone here who's following this thread and knows where we're going.

Back