DC Vault 2

Mine showed up at moowrapper.net as well. This is because you can run BOINC or you can run their client and that is how they determine between the two. It is possible for people to have both.

As far as your email problem, I don't think mine came immediately. How long ago did you click it to get the password?

http://hardforum.com/showpost.php?p=1040794811&postcount=1947

Okay, that's fine then. Maybe something else is just broke at the moment. I've probably waited 8 hours by now and still don't see anything. Using a Gmail account which I'd guess some others probably used as well.

I would give it 24 hours. Sometimes these smaller projects are running on low end servers and internet connections. I don't recall exactly how long it took me to get my email, but I do remember it wasn't immediately.

For those wanting to do a little bouncing instead of just staying on one project, we have 3 challenges lined up in August and all of them are Vault projects and also still have positions to gain in Formula-BOINC.

SIMAP - 1st-8th
PrimeGrid - 12-14th
SETI - 15th-29th

SIMAP and PrimeGrid will be CPU (SIMAP supports ARM) based and SETI is CPU (including ARM) and GPU (all three types)

Hmm, SIMAP says they are leaving boinc by the end of the year and this is just maintenance. What was their work like before? I wonder why it no longer works well to use boinc.

SIMAP would run out of work monthly... analyze... then send more work. They were solid work units though. IIRC, it was that they decided it would be easier at this point to do it in house. I don't think they released detailed reasoning though. Many found it odd that the decision came right after announcing their own Android BOINC app. Especially since they would be dropping it.

Anyone want to do a Seventeen or Bust move in August? I'm going to throw some stuff that way and there are lots of points to be made if we dedicate lots o cpu's.

Anyone want to do a Seventeen or Bust move in August? I'm going to throw some stuff that way and there are lots of points to be made if we dedicate lots o cpu's.

I could switch back to SOB (26-30T ppd) , I have been crunching OGR28 since we were so low in points (+125 ranks +4,325 pts=7474) but I guess it could be a while before it is added to the vault...

DC Vault Summary Projection

You may want to go to this thread http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?33304-Stats-Issues and report that, it should be updating daily. I was having a problem with DC stats the other day and reported it there and Bok fixed it in just a few hrs. It was a crashed user table and he had it fixed in no time at all. ;)

Does this work for you?

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userteamcomb&team=[5BH%5Dard%7COCP

I can't seem to see the team user list.... Hasn't worked the past two days I've been trying to look at it.

bman212121, I'm not sure what stats you are trying to look at but it looks like you are trying to see the BOINC combined stats. Though that is possible, you will find that we have a dilemma that other teams do not. We have two different team names and unfortunately if you look at the team BOINC combined list, you will see a few projects with the unofficial team listed. So, you would need to look at HardOCP as well. That makes things a little confusing...

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=search&proj=&team=[H]ard|OCP&name=&exact=N&cross=N

http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=search&proj=&team=HardOCP&name=&exact=N&cross=N

And also this since there are two team names... Some of our members are only at one project... http://stats.free-dc.org/stats.php?page=userteamcomb&team=HardOCP

You can also use BOINCStats http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/list/0/0/df39a9360648de656dfc76ba8e32fe2c/#8 and http://boincstats.com/en/stats/-1/user/list/0/0/939/0

It is great to see so many people with some impressive numbers in the lists. :)

Last edited:
I didn't know if anyone was doing this yet, but figured it would be good to point out. I have also already added it to the BOINC configurations and how to's thread in the DC Guides section.

Each Collatz 4.07 application is distributed with an empty config file. The config file has the same name as the executable but with the extension ".config".

There are a number of parameters that can be altered to improve speed or video response or to aid in solving issues. They are:

verbose=[0|1]
A value of 1 causes more information about the GPU, OpenCL version, etc. to be written to the log file. If enabled, this should be the first line of the config file so that it will report the other settings in the log file.

items_per_kernel=[10..22]
The number is the power of two 256-bit numbers (e.g. 2^N) that will be calculated per kernel call. Setting this number higher places a larger load on the GPU. Setting the number too high WILL cause the driver to crash and the application to hang. The default is 14, or 2^14, or 16384 items.

kernels_per_reduction=[2..9]The number (2^N once again) of kernels to run before doing a reduction. The default is 8 or 2^8 = 256. A lower number can improve video response. A larger number may result in a higher GPU load. Too high a number will result in CPU as well as GPU utilization.

threads=[5..10]
This contains the number of work groups to run in parallel. Higher is not necessarily faster. This number is device dependent. If set too high, the application will automatically reduce it to a value compatible with the device.
Most AMD GPUs allow up to 256 (a setting of 8). NVidia GPUs may allow 512 or even 1024 (a setting of 9 or 10). OpenCL requires a minimum of 32 (a setting of 5) according to the Khronos specifications.

build_options=[string containing any optional OpenCL build options]
This was added strictly for debugging in order to be able to use "-cl-opt-disable -Werror". If the OpenCL application crashes within 1-2 seconds of starting, you may want to use "build_options=-cl-opt-disable -Werror" and see if that fixes the problem.

sleep=[1..1000]
This controls the number of milliseconds that the application goes into a sleep state while waiting for the asynchronous kernel calls to complete. The default is 1. Setting this higher (e.g. 2-5) will result in better video response but will slow down the application considerably.

The config file will be renamed to collatz.config when it is copied to the BOINC slot folder when an application starts running. Exiting BOINC and editing the version in the project folder will not change the settings of the applications in progress as their config is taken from the slot folder.

A sample collatz.config file looks like:

verbose=1
items_per_kernel=20
kernels_per_reduction=9
threads=8
sleep=1
build_options=-Werror

Since the workunits very somewhat in the number of total steps they produce, I would suggest that you run several and take the average runtime to determine whether one set of values in the config works better than another set.

Note: The values in the sample above work quite well on my HD 6970 and HD 7970 without making either too sluggish.

So with only two days to go until August, I will assume the team is going to hit SIMAP with CPU and POEM with GPU.

Now since POEM runs out of work units for GPU quite a bit, I recommend setting a backup project. Since we have a SETI challenge this month, it could be a nice option. I also encourage people to sign up since it is on a per person basis. Link is in the Team Challenges thread.

There is also a PrimeGrid challenge that lasts 2 days this month, so I will assume the regular challenge contributors will be hitting that as well.

Just signed up for that SETI challenge and will be doing those GPU units all through August. CPU will be directed at Simap, assuming they have work. Seems no work has been sent for a few days, so I've been busy with primegrid and others.

Just signed up for that SETI challenge and will be doing those GPU units all through August. CPU will be directed at Simap, assuming they have work. Seems no work has been sent for a few days, so I've been busy with primegrid and others.

SIMAP isn't expected to have work until 8/1 according to the front page.

If only I could read...

SIMAP update... front page states they are preparing new work and now estimate Thu, August 7th.

Willy at BOINCStats says that if the work doesn't happen until the 7th, they will adjust the start time for the challenge as well.

Last edited:
SIMAP update... front page states they are preparing new work and now estimate Thu, August 7th.

Willy at BOINCStats says that if the work doesn't happen until the 7th, they will adjust the start time for the challenge as well.

Well one thing I would say is the banking is going to be limited :D

FYI
SIMAP challenge dates got changed so they now overlap with the PrimeGrid challenge.

Looks like the stats did a big update. Rusty said that the former programmer forwarded some details of the coding over to whomever is doing the coding now. Hopefully this all gets resolved shortly. We also went up a spot in the Bio/Medical category. We are now 15th in it. Keep up the good work guys/gals.

Unless our RAC changes, we should be in Primaboinca's top 10 teams in ~2 weeks.

235 now we should be about 186 by tomorrow morning since we will gain another spot in Numberfields and Primbotica by then. It looks like if we would push Constellation for a couple of weeks we should take the #4 spot in the Vault. :cool:

Unfortunatley I have had trouble with Constellation due to my crappy Arris and Comcast combination frequently dropping connection, all of the running Constellation WU's error out whenever the connection drops, if a WU is trying to upload at the time of the drop.

Constellation is not the only one that does this Primbotica does it as well and a few others but I do not remember which ones they are at the moment. I believe this is a Boinc / Constellation bug because while boinc manager is trying to send WU's the Internet will not reconnect with my setup and gets stuck in a continues loop of trying to send WU's but is unable to reconnect as long as it is trying to send and something about the way Constellation saves causes them to error out. :(

Any way in a coupple of days I will try to reconfigure my network and see if I can get things more stable and try to run Constellation again.

I know this would be a pain for you Grandpa_01 but you could try loading up a large buffer of work and then turn off your network activity until you are ready to do a large dump similar to bunkering. Only difference is that you could suspend crunching on the box while you upload the work. That way you can somewhat control when things go south and you are at least not processing work if the internet drops. If your internet issues happen during certain parts of the day, you can even tell the client what hours to do the networking... Just food for thought.

Only 177 points between [H] and the Knights now. We will take them soon. :D

It is that time to discuss next months push choice. I plan on setting up a Constellation challenge with BOINCStats and will probably set it up for the 25th-30th. I would suggest that project because it would benefit both DC-Vault and Formula-BOINC positions as well as be a good starter project for challenges.

What does everyone think?

Constellation is fine by me. I was going to do muon1 DPAD, but that can wait another month.

Well...the Constellation challenge is only 5 days at the end of September...I just thought it would be easy to get people on it and crunching some work so their systems were ironed out in advance....

Hopefully over the weekend I will have some time to set constellation up and get some constellation running witout erroring out. We just need about 10 spots 2.5M points, which should not be too dificult if I can get them to work right.

I think that's a great idea. Constellation build up and then compete in their challenge at the end of the month. Or, our challenge that you're setting up, right Gil?

Sounds good to me - I'll be at a nice even 500K points in 3-5 days in Numberfields, so I can change everything over right before going out of town next weekend...

Back