DC Vault 2

I wonder if they could keep up with brilong, Grandpa, and DooKey at the same time hammering for CPU work. hmmmm.... :D

I'm the small fry of that group, but there's no way they could keep up with all 3 of us.

What sort of issues?

My host is averaging quite slow speeds at the minute but it also hasn't got many open buckets so I figured maybe it just doesn't have much to do right now.

I have two systems with no work saying connectivity issues. I also couldn't get their site to come up earlier.

Edit: This site http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ says it is just me. I'm thinking my provider may have started blocking me. When I get a chance, I will test it while tethered to the cell phone.

Last edited:
FWIW, I don't think it's just you - just walked in the door and checked my Stats (yes, those are my priorities!), and I'm getting the same issue... Yes, others are getting URL's, so I don't know why we're having issues, but you're not alone!

EDIT: It also appears that the website http://www.majestic12.co.uk/ is down - I currently can't access it to post to their forums...

Last edited:
FWIW, I don't think it's just you - just walked in the door and checked my Stats (yes, those are my priorities!), and I'm getting the same issue... Yes, others are getting URL's, so I don't know why we're having issues, but you're not alone!

EDIT: It also appears that the website http://www.majestic12.co.uk/ is down - I currently can't access it to post to their forums...

This website http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/ says it is just me, so not sure what is up. Captain, could you check their forums since you are in the UK and see if they have any information on the subject?

Also, my provider is Mediacom in case it is just the provider....

eOn and Docking have been removed from the Vault. I have already gotten admin approval from 4 projects and are just waiting on final approval from admins on which to add. I am also still waiting on approval from a few more projects. Keep your eyes peeled. :)

I can view the forums and site, there's nothing on the forums about an outage or anything. Hmm. what DNS servers are you using? Might be worth changing to Google or OpenDNS just to see if it helps, also can you ping the site?

I can view the forums and site, there's nothing on the forums about an outage or anything. Hmm. what DNS servers are you using? Might be worth changing to Google or OpenDNS just to see if it helps, also can you ping the site?

No on pinging the website. could not find host

DNS was provided by the ISP...I will toy with it more a bit later

Edit: I switched my DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 and it still says ConnectivityProblem

Last edited:
Hmm. Maybe try a traceroute to the site, see where it's dropping? Try it via IP as well, 212.74.44.131

Any other [H] members on the same ISP who could give it a try?

Nice work. I think this will be really handy.

Looks like we will have to focus on muon dpad within 60 days to avoid a rank loss...

I should start looking at pogs code again, it looks like Kevin is finally rolling out my last fortran code changes soon...:eek::eek:

Okay guys, just a heads up - I'm taking everything off line for a few days. Came home to a dead AC today on a 106* California day, and that kind of heat will kill my rigs... My upstairs was 89* at 5pm, and my q6600 was running between 76* & 82*C under full load! I didn't even realize those 65nm core2quads could go that high!

Anyways, as soon as Amazon gets me that $25 part, I'll be back in the fray... Could be as soon as Wednesday evening, could be next Monday!

Here is the current suggested changes to the Vault, I have suggested holding off on DistrRTgen until it is back up an running like it should.

Remove
ABC
RNA
LHC
The Lattice Project
PSP

Add
Constellation - Physical Sciences
PrimaBoinca – Mathematics
DistrRTgen – Miscellaneous
Numberfields – Mathematics
Distributed Data Mining - Miscellaneous.
OGR-28 – Maths
NRG@Home
MindModeling – Bio
WUProp - Miscellaneous.

On The Fence
Climate@Home

Dist. Data Mining admin has also suggested that we not add them yet.

Last edited:
Okay guys, just a heads up - I'm taking everything off line for a few days. Came home to a dead AC today on a 106* California day, and that kind of heat will kill my rigs... My upstairs was 89* at 5pm, and my q6600 was running between 76* & 82*C under full load! I didn't even realize those 65nm core2quads could go that high!

Anyways, as soon as Amazon gets me that $25 part, I'll be back in the fray... Could be as soon as Wednesday evening, could be next Monday!

Jathanis, we got you taken care of

redneck-air-conditioner.jpg

Don't forget to leave the NCI apps like DIMES running. Doesn't use much CPU if the one rig is still turned on.

Last edited:
http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=454#3154
We're going to let the current galaxies run out - then do an upgrade of the BOINC software next week.

So once the queue is empty no more work units for a week.
International Centre for Radio Astronomy Research

Also in the news....
http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=413
I've suspended the user for 2 weeks. I'm working in the UK at the moment. I'll have a look when I get back

Where in Cali do you live? Here in Visalia it's been 100+ for about a week.

Where in Cali do you live? Here in Visalia it's been 100+ for about a week.
Just a bit north, in the Stockton /Modesto area. My wife's oldest sister lives in Hanford, and I've been down to the April Renaissance Faire over at Plaza Park next to the airport at 99 and 198...

Just a bit north, in the Stockton /Modesto area. My wife's oldest sister lives in Hanford, and I've been down to the April Renaissance Faire over at Plaza Park next to the airport at 99 and 198...

LOL

My old stomping grounds :)

Hmm. Maybe try a traceroute to the site, see where it's dropping? Try it via IP as well, 212.74.44.131

Any other [H] members on the same ISP who could give it a try?

My traceroute gets from my host, to my router, to the gateway IP, to an external IP from my ISP, to another IP from my ISP, and then it fails.

The address is definitely Mediacoms doing because there is another thread similar to my situation asking about Mediacom doing the same thing and getting the same IP's.

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r28808730-Can-t-get-to-address

Someone in that forum suggested VPN worked...but that really isn't much of an option. Oh well. I guess I can still try it on my phone if I'm not making money running apps on it.

Sounds like they're blocking it then, yeah...is it in their policy to block sites at their discretion, or what? I would've expected at least some kind of notification.

Sounds like they're blocking it then, yeah...is it in their policy to block sites at their discretion, or what? I would've expected at least some kind of notification.

Every provider I have ever had, pretty much had that policy. I think this is their nice way of saying "stop doing it". :rolleyes:

Here is the current suggested changes to the Vault, I

Crap, if PSP gets dropped from the Vault, then all my work to get PSP running, get one the right team, etc. has been a waste of time. I really wish PSP could stick around since we can easily gain a few more spots (and tons of points). Wishful thinking...

Have the admins for PSP been contacted about being removed from DC-Vault? Did they even care?

We don't normally contact them for removals. I warned them long ago that they were brought up for the discussion when I told them they needed to update their way out of date get started here thread. That thread got updated but barely and is still garbage. I don't think they care all that much anyways. They still have PrimeGrid doing all the work for them.... It still needs to be posted in the public forums before it gets pulled anyways...so they still have time. I can't say I didn't warn ya ahead of time... ;)

http://www.mersenneforum.org/showthread.php?t=19293

If I have time, I will try and post in those forums that I have an account for and let them know when it is posted in the Vault's public forums so that they can at least post a response if they care.

Last edited:
brilong, it would be the removal of eOn and Docking which both finished up. So, those points are deducted from everyone's totals.

And connectivity has been restored. We'll see how long this lasts...:D

Funny you say that - just fixed the AC, so the first thing I had to do was fire up all the computers, and I started getting URLs almost right away!

Of course, I'm now getting the standard NoMoreURLsAvailable line, but at least it's connecting!

http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=454#3173

We're going to let the current galaxies run out - then do an upgrade of the BOINC software next week.

So once the queue is empty no more work units for a week.

Hopefully this will be the optimized client and potentially the first GPU app. So, if anyone is trying to push out position there, you may want to raise you cache to get more work. Otherwise, it may be better to focus elsewhere since the optimized app would perform a lot better. :D Granted this was posted on the 9th, I am hopeful that it will happen soon.

http://pogs.theskynet.org/pogs/forum_thread.php?id=454#3173

Hopefully this will be the optimized client and potentially the first GPU app. So, if anyone is trying to push out position there, you may want to raise you cache to get more work. Otherwise, it may be better to focus elsewhere since the optimized app would perform a lot better. :D Granted this was posted on the 9th, I am hopeful that it will happen soon.

Well, the queue had dropped to zero, and then when up again. Probably re-issue of wu to be validated. I suspect this is the 10x dust filter fortran version...

Guess I'll shut down my PSP clients since I was running them to get the big points for our team.

What's the difference between running Seventeen Or Bust directly vs. running from PrimeGrid? Do we get double vault points if we select that project in PrimeGrid?

We do not get double Vault points. The points we get from running SOB work from the PrimeGrid client only gives us Vault points for PrimeGrid. Those work units do not get reported a second time from the stats export that SOB sends out. Therefore only work units ran using the SOB client will get us Vault points under the SOB banner. This is also true for PSP, OGR-28 (if/when it is officially added like OGR-27 was), and Muon1.

This is the main reason why we do NOT add Moo! to the DC-Vault because the work units from Moo!@home do get exported with the RC5-72 stats and therefore would be a double dipping opportunity. So as long as RC5-72 keeps the stats in the same export, the BOINC project does not get listed.

Last edited:
We do not get double Vault points. The points we get from running SOB work from the PrimeGrid client only gives us Vault points for PrimeGrid. Those work units do not get reported a second time from the stats export that SOB sends out. Therefore only work units ran using the SOB client will get us Vault points under the SOB banner.

It sounds like I'll try running the Linux SoB client on a few hosts. I like the most bang for the buck and it appears SoB get us 17.4 points per position in the Vault.

Back