DC Vault 2

theSkyNet now has team (alliance) [H]ard|OCP available for anyone that would like to help out.
There has been considerable talk in the DC-Vault forum about adding this project.

I have received an invitation code for Team [H]ard|OCP account creations from Neurona's administrator.
If you would like to participate in this project please Private Message me and I will share it with you.

Info about Neurona:
"Neurona@Home is a BOINC-based project with the main aim of simulating the behavior of a large assembly of cellular automata neurons connected in a complex network.

WARNING
Please be aware that, due to the nature of the network being simulated, this project requires a HUGE amount of RAM, between 3 and 6 Gigabytes per Work Unit, and quite likely this quantity will increase in the next months as the investigation goes further. You will need a suitable 64 bit Linux or Windows PC (due to the RAM requirements there is no 32 bit worker available). Because of this, subscription to this project is made only by invitation code upon request of the volunteer."

This sounds very interesting to me. Is it part of the DC vault at all? And how easy is it in BOINC to limit a project to one WU at a time? It's been awhile since i dug around in the settings.

This sounds very interesting to me. Is it part of the DC vault at all? And how easy is it in BOINC to limit a project to one WU at a time? It's been awhile since i dug around in the settings.

It not currently part of the DC Vault. To my knowledge there isnt a BOINC client setting that will allow for only one WU at a time for a specific project. You might be able to play with the project resource share and get it to come out right but that wouldn't be foolproof. I do know that the Clean Energy Phase 2 project on the WCG has a checkbox or some kind of Max WU setting in the web settings under your account page because of large resource usage - Maybe they have something like that?

You're in luck! Neurona only gives out 1 work unit at a time.:D

I added Correlizer to my list of projects to work on.

Currently I am running GPUGrid, Correlizer, and Cosmology@home.

Unless I am doing something wrong, Correlizer does not seem to have enough work to go around, so be sure to run another project on your correlizer boxes.

I know that people have been mostly doing various projects since the Christmas Challenge finished but I thought maybe I'd see if I could round up some people to make an April push in Muon1. Looks like with some dedicated crunching we could move up a spot and gain a couple hundred points toward 4th place in the DC Vault! Good idea? Other suggestions?

with a good push we could gain another spot on muon1 but we would also have to leave someone behind to protect those points. I have kept my 1090t on muon1 since the last push to keep those points we gained, there are a few active teams not too far behind us, phoenicis also kicked in to keep them at bay. take a look at enigma, we just gained quite a few points there and this site http://digik-oz.nl/dcVaultStats.aspx?team=[H]ardOCP shows that we are not too far away from gaining several spots with a decent push.

Great idea, I do feel I’ve been taking a bit of an ad hoc approach to project selection lately. To new or occasional crunchers our incredibly cunning individual plans could be perceived to lack enough direction and we could potentially lose or fail to recruit team members. If this is the case, I’m as guilty as anybody else. I suspect we’re going to need plenty of fresh blood if we’re going to progress beyond our keenly anticipated 4th place in the Vault.

I’d be happy to participate in a team push on either of the two projects suggested. Enigma is reliable and has relatively short task durations however it does have a tendency to run dry every few days so we’d need a backup.

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Sounds good to me. If anyone else has any thoughts join in the conversation. Otherwise maybe this weekend I'll make a new thread for a group effort and we can have some fun making a run in a single project for a couple weeks!

On a slightly different topic: I sense a disturbance in the force. :D I have seen evidence of an old friend of the [H]orde submitting some WU's over the past couple days. alan if you see this stop in and say hi. Cheers.:)

On a slightly different topic: I sense a disturbance in the force. :D I have seen evidence of an old friend of the [H]orde submitting some WU's over the past couple days. alan if you see this stop in and say hi. Cheers.:)

Oh noes, I've been discovered. :cool:

My boxen aren't running 24x7 right now and the F@H clients want to start over at 0% each morning more often than not lately so I decided that it's time for a break from that. And since the home team doesn't do anything but F@H, I figured you guys wouldn't mind a few extra points in the projects I'm dabbling in.

Your always welcome around here my friend. And we appreciate every submitted work unit, so thanks for helping. Good to hear from you - don't be a stranger.

For all of the newer Commandos - alan was one of the original Commandos and as his badge states is a Hard DC'er of the Month.

On to #4 in the Vault!

I think thats a great idea for another monthly push in April, before the heat of summer sets in. Meanwhile ABC@home seems to be out of WU's at the moment. Just noticed it this morning. Hopefully its only temporary. Moving some work to NFS@home for a little bit, to try and avoid losing some spots in the next month.

Hi guys.

Is there a link to show currently reserved work in Prime Sierpinski? I thought there was, but I can't find it. I've had a couple boxen crash as it gets warmer, and they've been on autopilot for so long I forgot what they were running. Anyway, I'll probably wrap up PRP and switch to Muon1.

Correlizer just shook up the DC-Vault leader board, huh? ;)

Correlizer just shook up the DC-Vault leader board, huh? ;)

It certainly did. Commandos are up to #4 baby! I'm jumping back to some BOINC now since I have my points in for the [H]orde give away for folding this month.

Interesting, although it looks like Ars doesn't have a Correlizer team yet so I would bet that once they start crunching on that project they will creep back up.

Looks like we have several people crunching Correlizer. How long are the WUs taking? Any large system requirements?

Looks like we have several people crunching Correlizer. How long are the WUs taking? Any large system requirements?

Running i7 920 stock averaging 26 mins a WU with 185MB of RAM per WU. A pretty quick project overall.

EDIT: Be aware currently there are 159,911 WUs in progress with 2,091 ready to send. This project will run out quick.

Last edited:
Interesting, although it looks like Ars doesn't have a Correlizer team yet so I would bet that once they start crunching on that project they will creep back up.

On my E6400, they're taking 28 minutes. And when you attach, they send you like a hundred units.

SIMAP work units just hit the server. Get them while they're hot!

Anyone ever use a BOINC client on Solaris or preferably OpenIndiana? Or any other DC project for that matter recently?

Oh noes, I've been discovered. :cool:

A belated welcome back. Thanks for chipping in Alan :)

Hi guys.

Is there a link to show currently reserved work in Prime Sierpinski? I thought there was, but I can't find it. I've had a couple boxen crash as it gets warmer, and they've been on autopilot for so long I forgot what they were running. Anyway, I'll probably wrap up PRP and switch to Muon1.

Good to hear from you Sazan. That was one hell of a run at PSP :cool:

In the absence of any Enigma work and with relatively low performance on Correlizer, I've switched all but one of the Intel rigs to Muon1 alongside dmaine. The remaining rig is still serving as wingman to donuts on SoB (Let me know if you feel like switching to Muon old chap).

The Opterons are lousy at Muon but seem to be going great guns crunching Correlizer with each task being completed in 11 mins. It's a little surprising that they're able to complete tasks quicker than a 2600K at 4.5GHz! That hasn't happened on any other project to date.

It appears the HPCS beta is in it's final days so Climate Prediction points are going to start tailing off soon.

We're making steady progress on that 4th spot. Nice going everyone!!

Phoenicis - I think I will switch over from SoB to Muon. Haven't done it in a while. May switch a ABC machine over as well. Are we trying to do this as a monthly run?

It'd be great if we went for it for a couple of weeks at least. I'd like to make hay on Muon with the Intels as, with ever increasing electricity bills, I'm thinking of scaling back soon. Also, if rules permit, I've committed to helping out my old team with their CC endeavours at the end of the month.

I've just noticed the SoB website is down. Is there a 'no more work' equivalent for SoB or do you just stop and cancel the tasks on the website (when it comes back up)?

It'd be great if we went for it for a couple of weeks at least. I'd like to make hay on Muon with the Intels as, with ever increasing electricity bills, I'm thinking of scaling back soon. Also, if rules permit, I've committed to helping out my old team with their CC endeavours at the end of the month.

I've just noticed the SoB website is down. Is there a 'no more work' equivalent for SoB or do you just stop and cancel the tasks on the website (when it comes back up)?

There isn't any kind of rule here that says you can't help someone out with CC. We just don't participate as a team anymore. Hurry back once it's done.

There isn't any kind of rule here that says you can't help someone out with CC. We just don't participate as a team anymore. Hurry back once it's done.

Sorry, I should have been clearer. I meant this year's CC rules which are still under discussion. I was around during [H]s last involvement and can understand why the team doesn't wish to participate again.

I'll be back right after ... I've made myself at home and you can't get rid of me that easily :D

Wait just a minute here. I think this calls for a consultation of the [H]ard|OCP Commando Crunchers handbook - section 3 paragraph 5 :
There are no rules!
:D:D:D

Anyway - I'll move a quad over to Muon. I'd really like to move into eighth place. I wonder what would be a better Muon cruncher. A i7 860 @ 3.0GHz or a 2500K @4.2GHz? Hyperthreading vs clock speed? :)

So I wanted to help in Muon1. DL and extract v4.45 to its own directory, add user.txt and fire up the command line version, everything seems good so I let it run 24 hours but I do not appear in the stats.
Check results.dat and it is full so I blame the firewall and add exceptions, no change.
I run manualsend.bat and it appears to work and includes my username. Only now do I finally find the sendlog and check that. I have sent 2 batches of 50 results each and my manualsend batch of 16 results.
Eight hours later I still do not appear in the stats. Any ideas?

kmac, does your user file look like this
[H]dmaine

[H]username ?
that is how you get added to the team

Username is [H]KMac, thanks dmaine.
It looks like it is on Muon's side. Stephen just posted this.

welcome to muon, the more the merrier
we have a long way to pick up the next spot or 2 but if we get enough help, we might catch up and gain a few hundred points

Anyway - I'll move a quad over to Muon. I'd really like to move into eighth place. I wonder what would be a better Muon cruncher. A i7 860 @ 3.0GHz or a 2500K @4.2GHz? Hyperthreading vs clock speed?

Both >:):):)

Hahaha. Yeah I suppose you a re right. Maybe I will move both of them over for a little while but I want to keep one of them on WCG when the new project comes out in a couple weeks. I'll move the 2500K over tomorrow. Then the chase for 8th begins!

Back